IGNORED

Big Break Atlantis

SVTGolfer
Note: This thread is 4169 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Bayou Boogie

After that gag fest, Selanee needs to start re-evaluating her career choices--her putting showed huge nerve problems

Gag fest? I don't thinks he played anywhere near "gagging" material.

I might be wrong, but I think she shot +3 or 4 through the 14 or 15 holes they did get to play through. Marcella just played lights out with like 4 good birdie putts. At the end of the day, +3 isn't a "gag fest" for somebody who had a bad round....not even sure if you should count the last 3-4 holes as she was mentally out of it at that point. it's easy to be a couch critic.

Originally Posted by 3PuttKing

I might be wrong, but I think she shot +3 or 4 through the 14 or 15 holes they did get to play through. Marcella just played lights out with like 4 good birdie putts. At the end of the day, +3 isn't a "gag fest" for somebody who had a bad round....not even sure if you should count the last 3-4 holes as she was mentally out of it at that point. it's easy to be a couch critic.

Agreed.  Selanee was +3 and Marcella was -2 through the 14 holes that they played.

Originally Posted by The Recreational Golfer

BTW, Selanee, the saying is "dogs that chase cars and pros who chip for pars," not "...putt for pars". I hate it when they get that one wrong.

I've always heard it as 'Dogs chasing cars and pro's putting for par's'. NEver, ever heard 'Chipping for pars'

• Upvote 1

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Originally Posted by tiger187126

if that's all you have to go on, selanee looked bad, but if you go watch any episode before this one she has done exceedingly well in 1 on 1 challenges and is probably the most competitive person out there.

something was definitely "off" with her, but marcella just kept her foot on the accelerator. her shots into the green would quickly make a lot of people sad they had to play her.

Agreed. Selannee had played some great golf in other challenges. Look at the way she crushed Glorianna last week. Her nerves got the best of her, and Marcella is just a better all around golfer, but Selannee just had a really bad day. I think we have all had them.

Doesn't she also battle the yips? Or was that another golfer. I noticed a hitch in her swing on a couple of shots, directly after contact, not finishing her  strokes, stopping with a jerky movement.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Originally Posted by Barry

3PuttKing - I just looked closely at your avatar.  that's awesome lol

haha thanks. Can't actually take credit for the creation of it, it's just the results of a good google search lol

haha thanks. Can't actually take credit for the creation of it, it's just the results of a good google search lol

What were your search terms?  "Breasts + Golf"?

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Barry

Not just her putting.  Her short game was weak in the finale.  Too bad, I was hoping for some drama, but that was over as soon as Marcela won the hole where she put her drive in the trees.  That was the turning point IMO.  marcela in trouble, Selanne in the middle of the fairway.  Marcela pars, Selanee bogies.  I think that made it 3Up, but

I also watched the previous episode because I had not seen the Selanne/ Glorianna match and since the other girls were back for a bit I figured I better watch.

Seeing Meghan in the interview room changed my mind about her boobies.  Definitely implants.

Alison looked amazing!

Aubrey is much taller than all the other girls - funny that i hadn't noticed until last night.

Marcel played exceptionally well and applied pressure to Selanne the entire time.  She really only hit a few bad shots.  The course looks pretty easy to me.  Appears to be short, flat, with wide fairways and pretty flat greens.  Don't get me wrong, I'd hack it up all over the place, but I wonder what a tour player would shoot out there in those conditions?  -6 without breaking  sweat?

At least the best player won.  Congrats to Marcela.

And when are we going to get a Girls of Big Break?  Come on Hef!

Do we have a winner right here folks?!?  For the most obvious response/comment in this entire thread!?

Also, speaking of the course.  It is a resort course.  Very forgiving.  And I only played it once, but I stress this... If you catch the course on a windy day... It is brutal.  There is very little natural topography to eliminate the blast of the tropical storms/winds.  So if it is windy - and it was windy the day I played in back in 2004... The course can play considerably harder.

For instance, I'll never forget playing the 17th which is a beautiful little Par 4.  I hit a driver into the teeth of the wind and flew into a bunker on the right with close to 70yds on my approach.  And the wind was blowing so hard, you could barely take the flag out of the cup.  It was one of those moments where you definitely needed to be careful not to scar the green with the flag stick when taking it out - it was so windy.

So the 17th looks easy - but it is totally a different hole if the wind is blowing.

Also, the show had the ladies playing way up - on a lot of boxes that made the course considerably shorter than normal.  If you play it from the tips - it will extend beyond 7,000 yards.  Which is pretty legit - especially when playing at sea level.  But you are right - the fairways are nice and wide.  And there aren't many blind shots.  But again, it's a resort course.  So you'll find that in a lot of places to make it friendly to those who are unfamiliar with the layout - and make it playable for all.

Selanee was suspect all along with her "nerves".  Marcela was clearly the best player the entire show.  Hope she can finally breakthrough and make a decent career of it.  Probably won't but she's not a head case like many of the others.  Like to see her succeed.

I was hoping for more, but the hitch in her swing really showed up under the pressure.  Good thing she can putt.

I may have been a little harsh, but her putting in the finale was so off compared to her elimination performances it seemed like the difference in the two women's nerves in the

show's biggest event was huge, and she was my favorite for probably the last month on the show.  She is competing on the Symetra tour this season, but missing most of the cuts; the most

recent event showed Marcela making the cut with a 74-69, and Selanee missing with 80-74. She has the length to play on the big tour, but needs to get more consistent with the short game.

Just watched the finale tonight.  Selanee caved to her nerves while Marcella was a rock.  I was surprised how far off Selanee's putting and irons were.  I know she has a weird swing, but she didn't seem in control of it at all the day.  I wasn't a fan of Marcella but she was the best golfer, and you can't always say in these shows that the best golfer won.  Better season than I expected and at least we got to see some decent golf at the end.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by Bayou Boogie

Nothing like a bus load of strippers at golf tournament--

http://fox2now.com/2012/06/12/residents-unhappy-over-flashing-incident-at-golf-course/

Thanks....signed up for next year's tourney

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Quote:
Two O’Fallon, Missouri women face indecency charges after being hauled off a Madison County, Illinois golf course by sheriff’s deputies Monday.  The two were allegedly showing their breasts on the course and someone didn’t like it.

This doesn't help change the reputation that most golfers are old, cranky and/or prudes.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

This doesn't help change the reputation that most golfers are old, cranky and/or prudes.

Didn't know we were trying to change this perception....

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Nothing like a bus load of strippers at golf tournament-- [URL=http://fox2now.com/2012/06/12/residents-unhappy-over-flashing-incident-at-golf-course/]http://fox2now.com/2012/06/12/residents-unhappy-over-flashing-incident-at-golf-course/[/URL]

Sorry, but two old cougars doesn't constitute a bus load.

Occam's razor

Note: This thread is 4169 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!