IGNORED

AAA quality lostgolfballs.com Pro V1

Note: This thread is 4392 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just found this site, and im just wondering what people's thoughts were buying balls from there. Im looking at AAA Pro v1s. Are these playable or should i consider a different ball?

These balls were lost for a reason - do yourself a favor and buy new

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I would disagree with meenman.  I have purchased from lostgolfballs.com with success.  I have only purchased AAAAA quality, so I can not comment on AAA, but they were indistinguishable from new balls.  Overall my preference would be to stay with AAAA and AAAAA quality for regular play.

Bryan

:wishon:  919, Aldila Voodoo  :callaway: Razr X Tour 3h  :callaway: Razr Hawk 3w, Aldila NV  :callaway: Razr X Forged 4-PW, KBS Tour  :wishon:  52, 56, 60, KBS Tour
 :odyssey: White Ice 330, 33in  :aimpoint:    :true_linkswear:

I have also had success purchasing from them.  I got ProV1x AAAAA's.  Vasaribm is correct that they are basically indistinguishable from new balls, save for the fact that some of them have faint markings on them.  It looks like they attempted to wash the previous owners personal markings off them and did a fairly good job.  Others have random logos, but other than that, they are like brand new balls.  I will definitely keep buying form them.

Agreed with the AAAAA (or whatever is defined as mint, one-hit wonders, etc).  I've purchased from them before and had no problems whatsoever.  However, I'm anal-retentive, so I switched to the ProV1x practice balls ($30/dzn) because I like playing "virgin" golf balls and I can live with the bold "PRACTICE" lettering on them.

:titleist: :scotty_cameron:
915D3 / 712 AP2 / SC Mont 1.5

I ended up buying a dozen of AAA, AAAA, and AAAAA just so i can compare and see what the different is... I can buy all three of them and still pay right around what i would for a brand new box so it's worth a shot. I will report back once i receive them in the mail!

Originally Posted by Clevelandgolf1

I ended up buying a dozen of AAA, AAAA, and AAAAA just so i can compare and see what the different is... I can buy all three of them and still pay right around what i would for a brand new box so it's worth a shot. I will report back once i receive them in the mail!

Thanks ... I am curious to know what the cheaper ones look like.

AAA balls are pretty beat up, and potential to have been sitting at bottom of a water hazard.  I typically order golf balls from lostgolfballs.com but stick with AAAA and AAAAA rated balls.  Great prices on 50 and 100 ball buckets so it doesn't hurt as bad when you lose 1 or 10.

Joe Paradiso

I dont think there is much of a difference between new and AAAAA.

http://www.golfballselector.com/golf/generic!viewBuyersGuide.action#secondo

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Originally Posted by newtogolf

AAA balls are pretty beat up, and potential to have been sitting at bottom of a water hazard.  I typically order golf balls from lostgolfballs.com but stick with AAAA and AAAAA rated balls.  Great prices on 50 and 100 ball buckets so it doesn't hurt as bad when you lose 1 or 10.

I ordered AAAA from Lostgolfballs and was pretty happy with the quality.  Very good condition.  I would not hesitate to recommend AAAA or AAAAA from this vendor.  I don't know about AAA or if it's the same with other vendors.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

I've ordered from www.lostgolfballs.com on and off for a few years.  I've only purchased the higher grades but have been very pleased with the balls received and how quickly they ship their orders.  I would recommend ANYONE to try them at least once or twice.

What's in the Bag:
Driver: Taylormade SLDR 12*
3-wood: Taylormade Burner 15*
Hybrid: Taylormade Burner 19*
Irons: Callaway XR

Wedges: Vokey 50*, 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Newport Studio

alrighty, just got my golf balls today. (placed the order last tuesday) and i have to say im pretty happy with them so far. however i did not receive my dozen of AAAA bridgestone balls. but i've heard their customer service is very good so im not too concerned about that.

here is what i ordered

12 aaa prov1's

12 aaaa prov1's

12 aaaa bridgestone b330-s

12 aaaaa taylormade rocketballz

i bought the rocketballz just out of curiosity, i know they're a relatively new ball so i wanted to see how they played. 3 of these balls had logos, but all of them looked like they literally took them out of the sleeve and into the box shipped to my house. GREAT condition.

as for the aaa pro v1s.... yes they may have MINOR scuffs, but when i mean minor, theres pretty much nothing wrong with the ball. all of them i would consider playable. unless you're on the tour or you're just paranoid about it then there is absolutely nothing wrong with these golf balls. i see no point in buying the AAAAA balls because the AAA's are very close to being perfect. as for the AAAA balls i would honestly like to meet the person who said these weren't perfect.... cause i cant find anything wrong with about 10/12 of them. the other 2 had slight blemishes that i would never had noticed if i wasn't looking for it... overall im very happy with my order and will be placing another one in the future. once i figure out the problem with the bridgestones i will report back and let you know how they handled it!

Originally Posted by meenman

These balls were lost for a reason - do yourself a favor and buy new

Hmmm. Defective balls?

Manufacturing defect or operator error?

Might be changing the course of destiny by putting these lost balls into play again.

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

I have nothing against the company or their customer service, but looks can be decieving. This game is tough enough and ball constentcy is important. It doesnt matter if you play a $9/ dozen box or rocks or pro v1s. You have no idea how long they have sat outside, underwater or if they have been repainted. You are better off buying logo overruns since they are new. I refuse to pick up a ball someone lost on the course, I am definitely not paying for one.

Follow me on twitter

You have no idea how long they have sat outside, underwater or if they have been repainted.

Actually, while I had not thought of this, my experience was that you could see the faint pen markings of the previous owner on a few of the balls.  (Blue dots, red lines, etc)

Furthermore, I have not noticed any difference at all in performance of these balls (aaaaa prov1x) and the new ones I used to play.  And I counted 7 other posters above who all had the same positive reviews of the balls.  So while your conspiracy theory is certainly plausible, it seems to me that the evidence (granted a fairly small sample size) seems to disagree with you.

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Furthermore, I have not noticed any difference at all in performance of these balls (aaaaa prov1x) and the new ones I used to play.  And I counted 7 other posters above who all had the same positive reviews of the balls.  So while your conspiracy theory is certainly plausible, it seems to me that the evidence (granted a fairly small sample size) seems to disagree with you.

And you may never notice a difference, but neither you nor the company selling them to you knows exactly what happened with them before they were picked up. Let's be honest - they arent making a living finding balls that were hit once and lost in the fairway. I would prefer to know that shots that are a bit off are 100% my fault rather than wonder if I hit a water ball.

The posters in this thread seem to have better than average handicaps so I wouldnt say that they are buying the ball for the wrong reasons. A lot of high handicappers tend to buy used because they lose too many balls - if they are buying for that reason, they shouldnt be playing a Pro V1 to begin with,

I may be cynical because I sell consumable products. One thing I have learned during current economic conditions is that people tend to think with their pocket first. People will convince themselves that crap tastes good because it saves them money.

Personally I would rather go without than buy an inferior product, but it takes all kinds of us to keep different companies going.

Follow me on twitter

This, plus as a 20+ handicapper I doubt the small differences in ball quality is going to have that big an impact on my game.

And you may never notice a difference, but neither you nor the company selling them to you knows exactly what happened with them before they were picked up. Let's be honest - they arent making a living finding balls that were hit once and lost in the fairway. I would prefer to know that shots that are a bit off are 100% my fault rather than wonder if I hit a water ball.

The posters in this thread seem to have better than average handicaps so I wouldnt say that they are buying the ball for the wrong reasons. A lot of high handicappers tend to buy used because they lose too many balls - if they are buying for that reason, they shouldnt be playing a Pro V1 to begin with,

I may be cynical because I sell consumable products. One thing I have learned during current economic conditions is that people tend to think with their pocket first. People will convince themselves that crap tastes good because it saves them money.

Personally I would rather go without than buy an inferior product, but it takes all kinds of us to keep different companies going.

Joe Paradiso

I agree with you that I'd hate to be playing with balls that might be defective.  And the second that I found one that was, I would probably never buy used balls again.  But as long as look like new and play like new, and I can get them for 67% of the retail price, I will keep buying them.

For the record, I probably average between 1 and 2 lost balls a round.

Note: This thread is 4392 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!