IGNORED

AAA quality lostgolfballs.com Pro V1

Note: This thread is 4392 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

No need for suspicion.

The company guarantees the product.

Just got 2 dozen Pentas via UPS today.

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

Hate to say it but, too many americans have too much money.  The luxury life is making them soft in the flesh and head.  If golf H'cap >20 no ball on earth will make any difference.  It's you and only you. When H'cap goes below 12 then can buy a new ball, one per round. Otherwise buy only used or 2nds. Give yourself a goal of achievement, not just cash.

Originally Posted by joekelly

Hate to say it but, too many americans have too much money.  The luxury life is making them soft in the flesh and head.  If golf H'cap >20 no ball on earth will make any difference.  It's you and only you. When H'cap goes below 12 then can buy a new ball, one per round. Otherwise buy only used or 2nds. Give yourself a goal of achievement, not just cash.

You are really a piece of work. Used and 2nd hand balls will never be good for anyones game - to put a handicap limit on buying new balls has to be the worst advice ever.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think they can be plenty good for your game. If buying these near new balls allows "us" to play more rounds with a superior product then thats a benefit. I, like EVERY SINGLE PERSON BUT YOU in this thread, have had a solid experience playing Bridgestone E7 AAAA from LGB.com

But yeah dude, spend your money your way and let other do the same.

HiBore XLS 9.5* Driver

AMP 15* SF 3 Wood

R11 3 and 4 hybrid

AP1 712 5-GW

52* Gap Wedge

SV 56* Wedge

SV 60* Wedge

35" Melbourne Putter

Hex Black Tour

meenman , Have you ever bought used balls?  The highest quality are just like new balls.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Okay well after receiving my balls last week i golfed the day after. on numerous occasions with the Prov1's i was hitting wedges into the greens and they were spinning just as much as any other prov1 i've ever played. actually, most of the time when i play prov1s they will just bite hard and roll back maybe a couple inches, however on that particular day i remember a few shots with them spinning back two three and sometimes five feet. so my experience with the balls from LGB.com is great.

Just ordered a dozen 4a ProV1x from LGB for $16.99 + $6 shipping - $23 compared to $45ish for new in the box. Figured it was worth a look from an economic standpoint.

I took some comfort in this from their site:

"At LostGolfBalls.com we offer only the finest quality recycled golf balls. Not Cheap golf balls but quality used golf balls in a variety of recycled golf ball models.  You will not find refinished or refurbished golf balls at lostgolf balls. We offer only the finest in washed golf balls. The golf ball receives special attention at LostGolfBalls.com. We never sell a refurbished or refinished golf ball. Refinishing or refurbishing a used golf ball requires stripping; blasting with coarse aggregate, mechanical preparation that leaves chemical waste, and painting with a chemically enhanced paint. We only recycle golf balls from the finest golf courses in the country and wash them with an environmentally sensitive cleaner to assure you the finest golf ball in the market today without a negative impact on our environment."

Will report back on cosmetics / playability once received.....

In the bag:

TaylorMade R11 Driver (10.5 stiff stock shaft)

TaylorMade R11 3wood (15 degree stiff stock shaft)

Adams IdeaPro 3i hybrid (20 degree)

Titleist DCI 4-PW (photo)

Cleveland CG15 wedges (52, 56, 60)

Odyssey White-Hot 2-Ball (Superstroke oversize grip)

Bushnell Tour V2 Rangefinder

Ping Hoofer 2012 Bag

Originally Posted by wolfsburg2

I think they can be plenty good for your game. If buying these near new balls allows "us" to play more rounds with a superior product then thats a benefit. I, like EVERY SINGLE PERSON BUT YOU in this thread, have had a solid experience playing Bridgestone E7 AAAA from LGB.com

But yeah dude, spend your money your way and let other do the same.

Superior to what? I am not going to say it's bad for your game, but it is not superior to a new ball. I wont even get into my feelings on bridgestone

Originally Posted by dsc123

meenman, Have you ever bought used balls?  The highest quality are just like new balls.

I have dabbled in them like many, once again *like new* is not new. I am not going to say my experiences were good or bad - only that you get what you pay for.

Honestly when I play Pro V1s, I pay $40/dozen for new ones at my club. My current ball is the Srixon Q-star which is about $25 new - a slight savings for aaaaaaaaaaa level balls doesnt seem near worth it to me.

Follow me on twitter

Originally Posted by meenman

Superior to what? I am not going to say it's bad for your game, but it is not superior to a new ball. I wont even get into my feelings on bridgestone

I think he's saying that since you pay $29 for aaaaa ProV1's and they are indistinguishable from new balls (I play with them as well and will attest to that), you are getting a product that is superior to a ball you can buy new at $29.  Obviously, you disagree and that is totally fine.  To each his own.

Golfing dad gets it. My honest feelings are if you can afford to pay $40 for a dozen balls as a 20 handicap good for you! You are absolutely though, NOT getting value out of playing $40 balls as a 20 cap. I also contend that the playing difference between a NIB ball and a Aaaaaaaaaaaa ball is negligible while the price difference is noticeable.

HiBore XLS 9.5* Driver

AMP 15* SF 3 Wood

R11 3 and 4 hybrid

AP1 712 5-GW

52* Gap Wedge

SV 56* Wedge

SV 60* Wedge

35" Melbourne Putter

Hex Black Tour

Golfing dad gets it. My honest feelings are if you can afford to pay $40 for a dozen balls as a 20 handicap good for you! You are absolutely though, NOT getting value out of playing $40 balls as a 20 cap.

I also contend that the playing difference between a NIB ball and a Aaaaaaaaaaaa ball is negligible while the price difference is noticeable.

There is a difference - those few extra $$$ mean when I screw up, I know it is me.

For everyone that talks about a *guarantee*, is the *guarantee fairy* going to fix it if you miss a 150 yard carry by a few yards? In that miss there is a chance that it was the ball and not you - when you lose your weekly game by a stroke or two because of that shot, is the *guarantee fairy* going to cover your lost bets?

I've said it before and I'll say it again - people can convince themselves that something is equal to a real quality product if they save a few bucks - it's all in your head, not fact.

Besides I get to play used balls for free - it's called the ones that stayed with me the previous round.

Follow me on twitter

You are a much better golfer than your handicap suggests if you are worried about a 2 yard carry difference POTENTIALLY being your golf ball's fault.

HiBore XLS 9.5* Driver

AMP 15* SF 3 Wood

R11 3 and 4 hybrid

AP1 712 5-GW

52* Gap Wedge

SV 56* Wedge

SV 60* Wedge

35" Melbourne Putter

Hex Black Tour

I have used some "refurbished" ProV1's from a couple of sources.  The first were some purchased from Target - about $28 per dozen for the AAA balls (their highest rating).  Nice balls and very few flaws on them (one had a rough spot on it but all others flawless).  I have also purchased the AAAAA (or the highest amounts) from lostgolfballs.  These were satisfactory (price about the same) but maybe a little rougher (some were marked, some had logos) than the other option.

As far as the "new versus used" ball debate - with the construction of modern golf balls I'd believe that the potential internal damage to a ball is less likely than in the days of the old "wound" golf balls.  The cover material is much sturdier as well.  And let me pose the philosophical question of when does a golf ball become "used"?  If I use a ball for an entire round (let's call it 80 strokes) is it too poor of condition to play by then?  9 holes?  12?

The ones you bought from target were likely refinished, which would explain the superior appearance.  My understanding is that doing so can affect the performance. Lostgolfballs cleans them, but does not refinish the balls.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Originally Posted by stealthduffer

As far as the "new versus used" ball debate - with the construction of modern golf balls I'd believe that the potential internal damage to a ball is less likely than in the days of the old "wound" golf balls.  The cover material is much sturdier as well.  And let me pose the philosophical question of when does a golf ball become "used"?  If I use a ball for an entire round (let's call it 80 strokes) is it too poor of condition to play by then?  9 holes?  12?

Seriously, it's not like we're talking about balatas here.

I use all of my golf balls until I lose them unless I scuff them or cut them, which almost never happens anymore unless I really smack a tree or bounce one of a cart path.  I would guess that just because they can and they are good enough to be extremely particular (and they're free) that pros probably go through 3 or 4 balls a round (maybe more).

You are a much better golfer than your handicap suggests if you are worried about a 2 yard carry difference POTENTIALLY being your golf ball's fault.

When it bites you in the ass, it is not 2 yards.

Maybe you havent reached your handicap potential due to playing used balls.

Or maybe you havent reached it because you play balls that are out of your skill level, but you like the name so you buy them used to justify your donations.

Follow me on twitter

I play mid grade balls. Like i already said, used aaaa Bridgestone e7 and NXT tours recently. Also playing warbird plus brandy new right now. It's not the ball boss, it's your game that hurts you.
  • Upvote 1

HiBore XLS 9.5* Driver

AMP 15* SF 3 Wood

R11 3 and 4 hybrid

AP1 712 5-GW

52* Gap Wedge

SV 56* Wedge

SV 60* Wedge

35" Melbourne Putter

Hex Black Tour

Note: This thread is 4392 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!