IGNORED

2012 Memorial Tournament Presented by Nationwide Insurance Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4352 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Douche, I guess, can be many things.

To me, Tiger's public persona is very guarded and corporate-like, and he dealt with his personal issues in an absurd way. I don't mind saying he has douche-like traits.

As a golfer, I've always stated that by the end of 2012 we'll be able to judge his game.

That shot on 16 sent chills up and down my spine - it was greatness, and I appreciate his golf.

I also hope he gets other aspects of his life together. But his combativeness with the press, only talking with media who praise him, his statement that he would be calmer on the course, that he'd be a better individual -- well, y'all decide.

Congrats to Tiger, the golfer. I admire the golf.

I have no reason to judge anything about TW, aside from his golf game. And in that respect, when he is on, he is without a doubt the best who has ever played.

While the media and tabloids may disagree, his personal life is his own, and is none of our business. I cant judge a man who lives with the temptations that he must have. He is only a man.

I love how if you go back a few pages, the talk was that he had absolutely no chance. This is exactly why he is the best ever.

• Upvote 1

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

• Administrator

I also hope he gets other aspects of his life together.

How do you know he hasn't?

And why does this matter to you?

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by ApocG10

Man, that was just the most exciting finish i've seen in a golf tournament in a long time. Just seeing that hole in at 16, I was sure he had it. But then to throw down the birdie at 18 to seal it, 3 birdies in 4 holes. Just awesome,. and a great week of golf.

There is a reason why..  the ratings go nuts when Tiger is in contention.  I have to honestly admit, I think the tour has been boring without Tiger...

• Upvote 1

When the new world rankings come out, Tiger will move up to #4, and will be the top ranked American. They mentioned that Tiger had the flu with a temperature of 102 yesterday. But evidently, he was not mentally fatigued. And he hit 93% of his fairways today. Bodes very well for the US Open.
  • Upvote 1

Originally Posted by iacas

How do you know he hasn't?

And why does this matter to you?

How? In this famous press conference after the incident, he stated that he would change his ways. It's over 2 years later, and his behavior with the media is still contentious, his throwing/tossing of clubs is recurrent, and his use of profanity has not abated.

Hey, it's a frustrating game, and we'll see and hear things once in a while. But with Tiger, it seems part of his routine. But it could be that the media focuses on Tiger. Still, he said that he would change his on course behavior. I don't think we expect a saint, but maybe a little more control.

Why?: I'm always interested in an individual reaching their physical, mental, and spiritual potential.

And Tiger is someone that kids look to, no matter whether we like it or not. I don't even talk about Tiger with my 5 yr old, and he knows about Tiger and looks to him. I was surprised.

Tiger is the straw that stirs the PGA drink.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

When the new world rankings come out, Tiger will move up to #4, and will be the top ranked American. They mentioned that Tiger had the flu with a temperature of 102 yesterday. But evidently, he was not mentally fatigued. And he hit 93% of his fairways today. Bodes very well for the US Open.

Impressive that he is already back in the top 5. Tiger has a lot of great golf ahead of him which is exciting for the game. What does he have to do to become #1 again?

• Administrator

How? In this famous press conference after the incident, he stated that he would change his ways. It's over 2 years later, and his behavior with the media is still contentious, his throwing/tossing of clubs is recurrent, and his use of profanity has not abated.

Oh whatever. That's not "his personal life."

And we're going to disagree on how he treats the press (and I couldn't care less about his "use of profanity" - did you catch Spencer Levin today?), so...

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

And Tiger is someone that kids look to, no matter whether we like it or not. I don't even talk about Tiger with my 5 yr old, and he knows about Tiger and looks to him. I was surprised.

My kid doesn't. She knows the way he behaves is not acceptable for her. She makes fun of him the few times he does it.

• Upvote 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

We get it you don't like the guy.  Wouldn't by the same definition you qualify as one too?  Unless you're related to his ex-wife or part of the press I'd say you don't have any personal beef with Tiger that would warrant you calling him a douche.  As for his ethics and morals, I agree he's done some questionable things given he was married and had kids but that's behind him except for when guys like you feel the need to bring it up.  As for the press, sorry you won't see any tears for the likes of Miceli from me, they dug their hole with Tiger, now they can lay in it.

Douche, I guess, can be many things.

_________

From the Urban Dictionary:

Douche: An individual who has an over-inflated sense of self worth, compounded by a low level of intellegence, behaving ridiculously in front of colleagues with no sense of how moronic he appears.

• Upvote 1

Joe Paradiso

imagine if tiger in his 40's even closely resembles the success vjay had in his 40's...that'd be scary.  this dude has so much good golf ahead of him, it isn't even funny.

Originally Posted by iacas

Oh whatever. That's not "his personal life."

And we're going to disagree on how he treats the press (and I couldn't care less about his "use of profanity" - did you catch Spencer Levin today?), so...

My kid doesn't. She knows the way he behaves is not acceptable for her. She makes fun of him the few times he does it.

Word...

Originally Posted by newtogolf

We get it you don't like the guy.  Wouldn't by the same definition you qualify as one too?  Unless you're related to his ex-wife or part of the press I'd say you don't have any personal beef with Tiger that would warrant you calling him a douche.  As for his ethics and morals, I agree he's done some questionable things given he was married and had kids but that's behind him except for when guys like you feel the need to bring it up.  As for the press, sorry you won't see any tears for the likes of Miceli from me, they dug their hole with Tiger, now they can lay in it.

No - my opinion was formed from Tiger's actions on and off the course. It has nothing to do with me.

Just because my opinion differs from yours does not mean that our opinions are right or wrong.

I offered reasonable and rational examples of why I think Tiger has douche-like traits. It's just an opinion. Yours and others are just opinions. I applaud them. You and others do not seem to appreciate mine. That's is your right.

But to jump and state I have an over-inflated sense of self-worth because I showed example of Tiger's poor behavior - is an odd jump for you and others to make. I merely have a different opinion.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Impressive that he is already back in the top 5. Tiger has a lot of great golf ahead of him which is exciting for the game. What does he have to do to become #1 again?

Assuming the other guys' averages remain about the same, winning the US Open would only get him to #3. But a second major this year, or a couple more quality non-major wins, say a WGC and a FedEx Playoff event, should get him to #1 before the Ryder Cup. Of course, if Rory doesn't figure something out, he'll be a lot easier to catch. Or if Luke wins a major, he'll be a lot tougher to catch.

Great press conference too. Tiger and Jack work great together.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Originally Posted by Zwick

Hunter Mahan on Twitter: "Congrats @TigerWoods!! That should quiet chamblee for a couple days. Probably not"

haha, we'll see.

Quote:

No - my opinion was formed from Tiger's actions on and off the course. It has nothing to do with me.

But to jump and state I have an over-inflated sense of self-worth because I showed example of Tiger's poor behavior - is an odd jump for you and others to make. I merely have a different opinion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApocG10

Great press conference too. Tiger and Jack work great together.

The exchange between Jack, the guy who decided the pin placements, and Tiger was pretty good.

Brandon

• Upvote 1

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Zwick

Hunter Mahan on Twitter: "Congrats @TigerWoods!! That should quiet chamblee for a couple days. Probably not"

haha, we'll see.

That's hilarious! :)

Just because my opinion differs from yours does not mean that our opinions are right or wrong.

I offered reasonable and rational examples of why I think Tiger has douche-like traits. It's just an opinion. Yours and others are just opinions. I applaud them. You and others do not seem to appreciate mine. That's is your right.

If nothing else, the expression of your opinion is guilty of horrible timing. That was an epic, 'Old Tiger'-style of win, coming from four back by birdeing 3 of the last 4 holes, including an absolutely amazing hole-out on 16 that will be included in his highlight reel of great shots.

You telling us you don't care for how he handles his personal life in light of this wasn't really needed.

Congrats to Tiger. His game is coming into shape just in time for the US Open. He's peaking perfectly.

Note: This thread is 4352 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!