IGNORED

I will become a tour professional! (Know I am going to get a lot of smack)

FutureTourPro
Note: This thread is 4102 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

Stupid tapatalk here is the image that was supposed to go with this:

Sometimes I wonder, if I played the same easy course all the time, if I could feign a single digit handicap as well.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The course raters were at my track last wednesday. I did not see the calculating the the coefficient of the lateral fairways ;) I do not think that comes into the calculation. I have a 9 hole track that is close by my house and there are houses lining both sides of the fairway on most holes and unplayable lies everywhere else and the slope is lower than that of the course with generous lateral play. But we better get back to topic.

thanks for the info though. i just saw those slopes and thought that they were really low. and besides, it's harder from the other fairway because you have to clear the row of trees on your second shot. that's exactly why i hit over there, (unfortunately it's been left lately so on the first hole of a bunch of laterals i can get in actual trouble) so i can make sure i'm getting proper loft on my irons ;).

anyway, back to the topic.

have you ever thought about playing a harder course futureproguy? or maybe instead of taunting people and calling everyone doubters, just post scores or tourney results?

i mean from what i read a teammate of yours beat you in a recent tourney, so i don't get how you're competing with the best amateurs if you're not even the best kid at your school.

G25 Driver (10.5* Stiff Flex)

G20 3 Wood (15* Stiff Flex)

i15 3 Hybrid (20* Stiff Flex)

i20 Hybrid (23* Stiff Flex)

JPX 800 (5-AW)

T11 54* (9* Bounce) and 58* (10* Bounce) w/DG Spinner Shafts

Tracy

My ball is anything on sale

Yeah, Cmon OP (Zach). You have tried to get people to donate money so you can go to a very expensive golf school, and you come on here continuously telling us all that you will become a tour player, like so many others before you.

Suggestion: The weather in Idaho is very nice right now.  Spend ALL your waking hours toward improving your game, not posting nonsense on golf forums. At the end of the summer, come back here and report on your progress, the tournaments you played, how you did, etc. If you do that, you might get a little better response than you have received thus far. I think the folks here can/will appreciate a young person who is actually working hard toward his goals. Not constantly bickering with other posters.

you can be anything you want in life. When you become a tour pro please consider me to be your caddie. thanks!

Four 5 Stand Bag Blue   PRO V1X

910 D2 9.5° - Diamana Kal'li 65g S

RBZ Stage 2 15° - Diamana Kal'li 72g S  

913H 21° /  910H 24° - Diamana Kal'li 82g S

710 AP2 6-PW - Dynamic Gold S300SL

Vokey Spin Milled 09  56° &  60° 

#1 White Hot 34" - Ionic Grip

My Swing  

When I was playing my very best golf (consistent 2-3 with intermittent GHIN releases at scratch or slightly better), I thought, "Man, if I keep this up, maybe I can qualify for the Senior Tour." Then I had opportunities to play with some touring pros, Loren Roberts and Rich Beem to name a couple, and a couple of very good amateurs, Tim Jackson and Danny Green. Hmm.....What struck me about Roberts was, despite not being a big hitter, how very, very good he was all around. He shot 64 in a casual round at Southwind, I shot 74 and thought I had played just about as well as I ever had (though I'd shot a better number before elsewhere). Good luck...they play a different game, my friend.

In The Bag: - Patience - Persistence - Perseverance - Platitudes

Originally Posted by LovinItAll

When I was playing my very best golf (consistent 2-3 with intermittent GHIN releases at scratch or slightly better), I thought, "Man, if I keep this up, maybe I can qualify for the Senior Tour."

Then I had opportunities to play with some touring pros, Loren Roberts and Rich Beem to name a couple, and a couple of very good amateurs, Tim Jackson and Danny Green.

Hmm.....What struck me about Roberts was, despite not being a big hitter, how very, very good he was all around. He shot 64 in a casual round at Southwind, I shot 74 and thought I had played just about as well as I ever had (though I'd shot a better number before elsewhere).

Good luck...they play a different game, my friend.

Not to mention the courses are set to maximum difficulty for them

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by FutureTourPro

Hey, Ian Poulter didn't start till he was seventeen, Greg norman didn't start till he was 16, Larry Nelson didn't pick up the game till his early twenties and he won a couple of majors. and there are many more where that came from. I have a small window of opportunity and I am going to take it!

But none of them wasted their time posting nonsense on golf discussion boards.  And they weren't 3.8s after 5 years of playing.

Originally Posted by SamCreamer

im not saying I completely agree with what he's saying or doing, I'm just saying we shouldn't put him down. To be successful, sometimes you have to be a bit insane

Yeah, but you don't have to display your insanity in public.  Those who talk, generally don't do.  Those who do, generally don't talk.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Originally Posted by PLAYHOUSE

you can be anything you want in life. When you become a tour pro please consider me to be your caddie. thanks!

When are people going to realise no you can't.

In my mizuno.gif Neo Cart Bag or rife.gif Staff Bag on clicgear.gif 2.0 Trolley
 Driver: R11 10.5* |  3W: CB4 15* | adams.gif Hybrid: Idea Pro (20* & 23*)
bridgestone.gif Irons: J36 Cavity Back (5-PW) | vokey.gif Wedges: S.M Oil Cans: 52.08, 56.08 & 60.04
rife.gif Putter: 2-bar Hybrid Blade | bridgestone.gif Ball: B330-RX  Ball: Pro V1

Originally Posted by the19thhole

Should we make a list of people who have beaten overwhelming odds in the pursuit of their goals?

Originally Posted by the19thhole

You are right in your case.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Originally Posted by Kapanda

Should we make a list of people who have beaten overwhelming odds in the pursuit of their goals?

Why? It still doesn't prove we can be anything we want to be in life and if you think it does then you're as delusional as the original person who said it.

You are right in your case.

Cool, I stand correct in what I said then.

In my mizuno.gif Neo Cart Bag or rife.gif Staff Bag on clicgear.gif 2.0 Trolley
 Driver: R11 10.5* |  3W: CB4 15* | adams.gif Hybrid: Idea Pro (20* & 23*)
bridgestone.gif Irons: J36 Cavity Back (5-PW) | vokey.gif Wedges: S.M Oil Cans: 52.08, 56.08 & 60.04
rife.gif Putter: 2-bar Hybrid Blade | bridgestone.gif Ball: B330-RX  Ball: Pro V1

I think we can all agree that you are the authority on who is and who is not delusional.

I hope you live a blissful life. If you don't, I hope you don't ever complain about it. It's always those with your attitude that - as seen by your your crappy remarks to the OP in this thread - try to bring down others who dare to aim high, while at the same time complaining that their life is "meh, but that's just how life is." That's just a shit way to live.

I'll gladly take delusional over that. Hopefully, you have a great life. From experience, you would be one of the very few that has that attitude AND lives a great life.

• Administrator

You don't have to be delusional to realize that "you can be anything you want to be in life" is bullshit.

A slow, short 40-year-old who can't jump just isn't going to become a star center in the NBA.

You can dream without such an incredible disregard for reality that you cease to exist in the same mental universe as everyone else.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I think having this goal is reasonable IF....you are naturally gifted with golf skills.  I think it takes a special person [naturally suited for golf] to get that good that they can make it as a pro in golf.  If you've been playing golf for several years and you're still just another decent golfer, then I wouldn't worry about trying to go pro.

[IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/43ffce5a-8ee3-ff6c.jpg[/IMG] So you would post a 90 as a 4 handicap? Shooting 90 in a tourney is not going to get you far especially on a track with a 115 slope

I've seen a 4 hc shoot 90 in a tournament. I've also seen a 1 shoot 85. Its entirely possible. Just goes to show you how much better than that the pros are.

Note: This thread is 4102 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!