IGNORED

The Best (worst) Spelling and Grammar Errors Thread

dak4n6

Gee thanks, I am not sure what the " @saevel25 of the Day" award is. However, I am guessing its not a good thing. I know I misuse the wrong "there". Should be "their" I guess. Did not run spell check either, I don't really care.

Just trying to type quickly and possibly help someone out.

I would recommend you do the same. Its not a grammar class its a golf forum.

Fyi, I did not run spell check on this one either, so have a blast!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator

You'll note that this is the spelling and grammar error thread, though. :)

Welcome to the site. It's the place to be so long as you can endure a bit of light ribbing from some pretty easy-going guys.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Gee thanks, I am not sure what the "@saevel25 of the Day" award is. However, I am guessing its not a good thing. I know I misuse the wrong "there". Should be "their" I guess. Did not run spell check either, I don't really care.

Just trying to type quickly and possibly help someone out.

Fyi, I did not run spell check on this one either, so have a blast!

Yep you deserve my award, maybe something worse. At last I am attempting to change my ways. Be warned, you are on the path of taking over my grammar award (though I doubt it, I think the rest of the guys on the forum have to much fun reminding me of how terrible my grammar can be)!! :dance:

Oh FYI buddy, chill out. Its just some fun ribbing that's all. If you get all bent out of shape over this, you must care way too much what other people think of your grammar. Best way to tell if you got to someone, wait to see if they respond like you do, cheers!!! :beer:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Yep you deserve my award, maybe something worse. At last I am attempting to change my ways. Be warned, you are on the path of taking over my grammar award (though I doubt it, I think the rest of the guys on the forum have to much fun reminding me of how terrible my grammar can be)!!

Oh FYI buddy, chill out. Its just some fun ribbing that's all. If you get all bent out of shape over this, you must care way too much what other people think of your grammar. Best way to tell if you got to someone, wait to see if they respond like you do, cheers!!!

You will never be dethroned!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

It was just one of my first posts and first day on the site. I had no clue people made fun of grammar here. Admittedly it did rub me the wrong way as someone I did not know was poking fun at my mistakes.

I mean, if it was a funny mistake I would be right "there" laughing with you. Maybe it was funny? I don't know. I do keep using the wrong form of there and their, so I am sure I deserved to be called out.

Anyway, no harm done.

Happy golfing!

It was just one of my first posts and first day on the site. I had no clue people made fun of grammar here. Admittedly it did rub me the wrong way as someone I did not know was poking fun at my mistakes.

I mean, if it was a funny mistake I would be right "there" laughing with you. Maybe it was funny? I don't know. I do keep using the wrong form of there and their, so I am sure I deserved to be called out.

Anyway, no harm done.

Happy golfing!

No problems. It's pretty tame around here. Though, having a spelling/grammar error in the thread about the best worst grammar on the site is ironic. :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Anyway, no harm done.

Happy golfing!

Welcome to the site @Mwferguson .  Pretty much all of the regular posters have found themselves in this thread.  I have even made mistakes when posting in this thread. "All in good fun", as @saevel25 stated.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Alright......

Who changed the title of my "Forum Profile Handicaps" thread and misspelled indices.... ?! :doh:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Alright......

Who changed the title of my "Forum Profile Handicaps" thread and misspelled indices....?!

Classic Blunder!

Scott

My Swing Thread

Yep you deserve my award, maybe something worse. At last I am attempting to change my ways. Be warned, you are on the path of taking over my grammar award (though I doubt it, I think the rest of the guys on the forum have to much fun reminding me of how terrible my grammar can be)!!

Oh FYI buddy, chill out. Its just some fun ribbing that's all. If you get all bent out of shape over this, you must care way too much what other people think of your grammar. Best way to tell if you got to someone, wait to see if they respond like you do, cheers!!!

You will never be dethroned!

I almost get the impression that @saevel25 wrote the above post as insurance that he wouldn't be dethroned! LOL.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• Administrator

Classic Blunder!

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

That could have been a line in the God Father, "Never go in against a Sicilian, when death in on the line"

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

That could have been a line in the God Father, "Never go in against a Sicilian, when death in on the line"

FFS @saevel25 , really??? LOL.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• Administrator
FFS @saevel25 , really??? LOL.

Give him a break… the s and n keys are really close to each other, errrr, wait…

… that's only on a Dvorak keyboard.

Is saeval Dvorkian? Wasn't Mork from "Mork and Mindy" Dvorkian?

Never mind, I looked it up, Mork was from Ork.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Give him a break… the s and n keys are really close to each other, errrr, wait…

… that's only on a Dvorak keyboard.

Wow, you learn something new every day. Though I don't find the QWERTY keyboard that stressful and it would be a hassle to relearn how to type.

Is saeval Dvorkian? Wasn't Mork from "Mork and Mindy" Dvorkian?

Never mind, I looked it up, Mork was from Ork.

I think you just dated yourself there @Ernest Jones , though I do remember some of Mork and Mindy. Mostly that Robin Williams was in that show! :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator

Wow, you learn something new every day. Though I don't find the QWERTY keyboard that stressful and it would be a hassle to relearn how to type.

There's no actual proof that people type faster with Dvorak than standard keyboards, plus even if you did gain 10% speed, you'd have to carry your keyboard around or reconfigure the settings (if even possible) on every computer, smart phone, etc. you'd ever use.

Its tough to use the "little" finger to hit the shift key. Though I doubt many people actually know the proper way to type, which makes it easier to use the shift key. If a person is just a one finger typer, then using the shift key really breaks up the flow of typing.

It's*

:-P

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)