IGNORED

Playing 9 or 18 by yourself.

formula428
Note: This thread is 3131 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 members have voted

1. 1. Go golfing (9 or 18) by yourself?

• Absolutely, there's nothing wrong with doing that.
    • It's a little lousy, wait until you get another or several before going to a course.

The only thing with that is, that if you watch it down and get the line, depth perception is kind of irrelevant isn't it? Just walk up there on the line and you'll find it. You can feel how well it came off the face and you know how far you hit the club.

This is something people like playing with me for (apart from my witty repartee!). I'm very good at judging where a ball will land whilst it's still in the air. 99 times out of 100 I'll call something as coming up short or long and it'll come down exactly where I said it would.

If only that was an important aspect of golf, I wouldn't be shit!

I usually try to bark out the nearest object to where my ball landed.

"red tree, fluffy bush, trap, post, cart path" and I try to repeat it as I walk to my ball.

However I tend to have 2 problem with this:

1- once the ball gets about 250+ out there, my eyes either cant see it or cant judge the ball in relation to the object.

2- by the 3rd hole I just plain forget my method of keeping track of my ball.

As you can see my swing is not the only thing that needs work in my golf game

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just booked a round of golf for myself.
I will be out of town for a wedding. I asked the bride and groom if any family or friends wanted to golf, none do.

Since my spouse is in wedding party and the wedding does not start until the evening I dont have much else to do but sit around and drink and watch college football.

So $20 for a woodsy muni seems like a good afternoon to me!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

I hate playing with people they usually suck and if they don't their somehow in a different mindset then me. I play for the ''CHALLENGE'' It's the primary reason I play golf striving for near perfection I like to focus and stay intense which is far easier by myself vs making horrible small talk with strangers. I will play 18 and then some if I need to work on some things or doing very well and want to keep it going. Occasionally though it's fun to play with people just to have a non serious round with a few friends and some beers.

I play tournament golf about every other week, and besides that most of the time I play alone.  I'll either go out after work for 9, or try to go out early on the weekend.  On the early morning weekends, some courses seem to have issues being a single, even if I do have a tee time.  Recently I called the evening before and booked the earliest tee time knowing I could get done early because I had plans.  When I get there, they guy at the pro shop said he would have to pair me up with the threesome behind me.  So now my 2.5 hour round turned into 4.5 hours.  Lucky for me they brought a fourth and I was able to get out.

I have played 9 holes by myself before. I think one time in my life. It was nice and gave me time to focus on myself and my game. It helped me in my swing and tempo. However, I do play golf for the purpose of being the best or able to compete. I play for fun. Sometimes it is better to play a worse round with friends then a great round by yourself.

What's in the bag?
2 Iron, 3 Iron, 4 Iron, 5 Iron, 6 Iron, 7 Iron, 8 Iron, 9 Iron, PW, GW, 3 Wood, 5 Wood, Putter
Titleist Irons, Callaway Woods and a Jack Nicklaus putter. Cigars and a case of Stella.

My hunch on this is that showing up as a single and getting thrown in with random players is probably the best thing you can do for your game. The multiple challenges it poses is probably a good kind of trial by fire. I know I'm most comfortable when golfing with 3 old buddies but not sure I learn as much.

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

Played 18, then on the way home, decided to play another 9, at a different course, both by myself. Averaged 4.4 strokes per hole, right handed. Feel pretty good about that.  Never got in a hurry,  never held anyone up, and never pressed those in front of me. Just a decent day of golf.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Play most of my golf by myself. Good to get to work on some stuff or think more about the options of the tees etc. It would be nice to get to play with others more, instead of just in comps but the times I can play there is generally no one else around.

WITB

Callaway Big Berth Alpha Driver 9* Stiff shaft

Adams 18 DHY

Titliest AP2 3-PW Project X 5.5

Nike VR 56*

Never Compromise Sub30 Type 40

My Swing

Play as much as you can! You paid the green fees, right? No else's business after that.

Stop waiting for people to invite you to success!

Late September, while visiting family on Long Island, played Island's End 8am on a Tuesday. Essentially has the course to myself.

Sensational morning!

Left about 6 shots out there, 94 49/45.

Note: This thread is 3131 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!