IGNORED

Tiger Calls Reporters 'Annoying'

joekelly
Note: This thread is 4311 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Screw Tiger Woods and screw humanity. Other than that, it's all good.

I think they're both already working on it. :whistle:

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

Originally Posted by newtogolf

We might have to agree to disagree, but no I think with the exception of a few publications, journalists today have an agenda and their reporting and coverage reflects their agenda.  The days of unbiased neutral reporting of the facts have been replaced with editorialized  news reporting.

The days of unbiased neutral reporting of the facts never existed.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Stretch

I was a filthy hack for about 10 years and can tell you that there used to be a word for reporters who didn't annoy the folks that they covered: shills. Sadly, since the advent and triumph of "entertainment journalism" ( or star****ing, if you prefer), this has now become the default mode.

By the way, "the media" -- like any other profit motivated industry -- just gives the public what it asks for (or, at least, what it will continue to pay to consume.) People are fat because they all they eat is shit. People are stupid because all they watch and listen to is shit. (I was going to put "read" in there too, but that's not a real big factor anymore.) No one shoved that shit into their bellies or their brains. They like it, they pay for it, they want more of it -- even as it rots them from the inside, body and soul.

Screw Tiger Woods and screw humanity. Other than that, it's all good.

Damn you... now I want to sit on the couch, watch Jerry Springer and eat a double Quarter Pounder with cheese.

• Upvote 1

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Journalists either cater to Tiger or pan him at every turn.  Look at Brandel Chamblee (not a "journalist", I know)- he rags on Woods every chance that he gets but when Tiger is going well he'll praise him to the high heavens. Either he's the biggest schmuck that ever played and his 70+ wins mean next to nothing or he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.  You can't have opinions at both extremes depending on how the wind blows, d-bag. Make up your mind and stick with it, will ya?

I agree with Stretch. I haven't watched, listened to, or viewed online any so-called "news" sources in the past couple of years. The media -- including local affiliates -- have morphed into shock-entertainment mode only (not that journalism was ever that objective anyway), so I stick to reading just opinion columns to keep up with events. I have a journalistic background, and regular newspapers began to infuriate me in the way they infected straight news stories with editorializing. I subscribe to nothing of print, which makes for a clutter-free kitchen counter, and mind.

I'm 47 and I feel like I don't fit anywhere into our culture. It's not a suffering from depression, woe is me thing -- not to worry. It's based on, what I feel, is a pragmatic assessment. I'm kind of mesmerized that as the Greatest Generation thins out, large numbers of which are dying each day, a substantial number of the Baby Boomers they've left behind are nothing but immature, whiny creatures competing for their so-called 15 minutes of fame, or desperately sucking that fame from others. And the generation they've bred, the narcissistic, overly self-esteemed spoiled-lings have discarded any chance at wisdom for -- what they have been convinced is -- great knowledge (which is a falsehood when you see how we rank in school test scores compared with other countries). Simply, there are very few adults in charge anymore, and what was once deemed highly valuable -- the seeking of virtue and decency -- is laughable by most.

I don't see why Tiger even bothers with the media anymore, other than to meet the Tour's obligatory rules. Does anybody really watch post-round interviews or read what he or any other player said in the press tent? Tiger's not going to reveal much of anything anyway, and good for him. Who cares what people really think of him personally? We are astonished by what he can do to the back of a golf ball, not the rear end of a hooker.

Damn I feel old and tired... and a tad grumpy. I need a nap. And you probably do to after reading this long, uplifting tirade.

Tiger said something else in that same interview that I liked. He referenced an old friend or roomate who was from WV as a reason he was interested in visiting the state. A reporter asked the roommate's name. Tiger said "No, because then you'll poke and prod him" or something close.

I like that and the Media is CRAZY with Tiger. No one else deals with it to the level he does.

• Upvote 1

HiBore XLS 9.5* Driver

AMP 15* SF 3 Wood

R11 3 and 4 hybrid

AP1 712 5-GW

52* Gap Wedge

SV 56* Wedge

SV 60* Wedge

35" Melbourne Putter

Hex Black Tour

Tiger said something else in that same interview that I liked. He referenced an old friend or roomate who was from WV as a reason he was interested in visiting the state. A reporter asked the roommate's name. Tiger said "No, because then you'll poke and prod him" or something close. I like that and the Media is CRAZY with Tiger. No one else deals with it to the level he does.

I read the transcript. Tiger mentioned the roommate in his answer to the first question of the interview, then later they asked him two more questions about him. Annoying is an understatement.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 4311 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!