IGNORED

Why is it unbelievable I can drive 300+ ?

Jimbo Slice
Note: This thread is 4242 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by luu5

I think with 6i you can not get much higher than 1.43ish. Iron is a different kind of beast to driver, also the hit is totally different.

Oh good point.  Irons don't really have that "trampoline effect" like drivers can, huh?  Still, 1.47 is pushing the max 1.50 of drivers, so I still think that is impressive.

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

Awesome! I never doubted your claim of hitting it 300+, but I am even more impressed that you did it when it counted (with the whole world watching, with the ESPN coverage, with your Sand Trap reputation on the line. Everyone should give you a rep point on your trackman data post.

Seriously ... for that post alone, we should get him to "Member of the Month."  I will give him one.

I'm also hoping that a lot of the "haters" come on here for their medicine.  They were so willing to dish it out before proof was provided, and while Jimbo was away, and certainly some were probably salivating with itchy keyboard fingers when they saw he was going to do trackman, ready at a moment's notice to write "I told you so" when the results came back that he couldn't do it.  I wish more of those guys would actually congratulate Jimbo for his success.  (Mainly give him props for following through on Trackman regardless of the results, but also with the added bonus that he actually proved he could do what he said he did)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Congrats Jimbo.  I have to admit I had my doubts, you proved me wrong.

I hope Shorty is man enough to post in this thread again.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

You guys need to relax and let people post without being in "pounce mode", like you're wanting some sort of drama thread. People will either admit they were wrong if they went out of their way to go after Jimbo, or they will avoid the thread - period. It has nothing to do with manhood or anything of the such. It takes character.

There's nothing wrong with being wrong. It's not being able to admit you were wrong that is a problem.

With that being said, an official "I was wrong and you were right" to you Jimbo and a +1. Good job, I was completely wrong and you have proven the "stereotype" of forum-claims wrong.

Congratulations on your numbers....you've got some good power and if you can get your game into consistent shape tee to green could have some great potential.

FYI, check this link to the Trackman Jan 2010 newsletter to see Tour averages (see page 6).    As one can see, smash factor decreases from driver down through the irons; it's just physics.

http://www.trackman.dk/download/newsletter/newsletter6.pdf

Originally Posted by Spyder

You guys need to relax and let people post without being in "pounce mode", like you're wanting some sort of drama thread. People will either admit they were wrong if they went out of their way to go after Jimbo, or they will avoid the thread - period. It has nothing to do with manhood or anything of the such. It takes character.

There's nothing wrong with being wrong. It's not being able to admit you were wrong that is a problem.

With that being said, an official "I was wrong and you were right" to you Jimbo and a +1. Good job, I was completely wrong and you have proven the "stereotype" of forum-claims wrong.

Yes but some of the nay sayers were more disparaging than they really needed to be. It often seems that some of the users look at people as "HCP = IQ".

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Golfingdad

I'm also hoping that a lot of the "haters" come on here for their medicine. They were so willing to dish it out before proof was provided, and while Jimbo was away, and certainly some were probably salivating with itchy keyboard fingers when they saw he was going to do trackman, ready at a moment's notice to write "I told you so" when the results came back that he couldn't do it.  I wish more of those guys would actually congratulate Jimbo for his success.  (Mainly give him props for following through on Trackman regardless of the results, but also with the added bonus that he actually proved he could do what he said he did)

Oh Shooooooorty.......

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

I'm also hoping that a lot of the "haters" come on here for their medicine. They were so willing to dish it out before proof was provided, and while Jimbo was away, and certainly some were probably salivating with itchy keyboard fingers when they saw he was going to do trackman, ready at a moment's notice to write "I told you so" when the results came back that he couldn't do it.  I wish more of those guys would actually congratulate Jimbo for his success.  (Mainly give him props for following through on Trackman regardless of the results, but also with the added bonus that he actually proved he could do what he said he did)

Oh Shooooooorty.......

Not sure what Shorty will post as a rebuttal, but I posted early on in this thread and I personally . . . stand by everything I post. The OP added his first videos in another thread as evidence of someone who routinely drives 300. Clearly those were not the videos of someone who routinely drives 300 during rounds. If he posted a couple of his Trackman videos though, we'd likely see a swing with a bit more clubhead speed. I never once said he could not drive 300, just that the original videos were not evidence of it. Some said they were sub-200. That was the group representing the short knockers of America and I doubt we'll hear from them.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

lol I think I was mostly laughing and offering rebuttals to "DarkSun" or whatever his username was. I'm not sure I said anything to Jimbo aside from saying he would not be able to hit 300+ on a routine basis, which is true and I don't believe he ever claimed to do so.

Just to be safe though, I gave him my humble apologies.

Good on Jimbo for following through.

If the tone of his pre and post Trackman comments had been similar, there wouldn't have been an issue.

Many people, including myself made intitial judgements based on the evidence presented, which wasn't strong.

Happy to be proven wrong because if someone backs up a claim, or reaches an ambition or does something they're proud of, what's not to like?

Congratulations, Jimbo for taking the challenge and getting some professional feedback which I hope you can use.

You proved that on occasion you can hit it 300 and you also have shown that you understand that it's the rest that need attention.

The trackman data is amazing and in 20 years everyone might have access to it at low cost as it trickles down.

Imagine having a day where every driver and shaft was available for testing and comparison. That would be amazing.

Well done Jimbo.

• Upvote 1

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Looks like you got 2-3 out there around 300.  I think that suffices for me (although I don't know what 75% of the other numbers mean).  Nice job.

This should help you understand the numbers regard to path and face angle.

And this should help with a few of the other data points:

Originally Posted by Shorty

If the tone of his pre and post Trackman comments had been similar, there wouldn't have been an issue.

Many people, including myself made intitial judgements based on the evidence presented, which wasn't strong.

Happy to be proven wrong because if someone backs up a claim, or reaches an ambition or does something they're proud of, what's not to like?

Congratulations, Jimbo for taking the challenge and getting some professional feedback which I hope you can use.

You proved that on occasion you can hit it 300 and you also have shown that you understand that it's the rest that need attention.

The trackman data is amazing and in 20 years everyone might have access to it at low cost as it trickles down.

Imagine having a day where every driver and shaft was available for testing and comparison. That would be amazing.

Well done Jimbo.

MMMmmm, yummy, do you want some chili sauce on that?

Taking the above advice may lead to destruction of your golf game. Laughing at it may reduce stress.

Well done Jimbo.

Sounds like a politician. I bet his fingers hurt typing this.

• Funny 1

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Thanks again for all the support, and I accept all apologies and what not haha.

I just wanted to mention that actual practice session was a full hour and only $45. Jeff was way cool and did shoot me lots of pointers and explained ball flight to me in between the groups of shots I was taking. He made allot of stuff click and I now know exactly what I need to work on. If the facility wasn't so far from my house I would have bought a month pass for $145 allowing you to book a limit of 1hour a day for the entire month.

If someone in town lives anywhere near this place, I highly suggest picking up a month pass or at least an hour to try it out. Just use the money you would have spent golfing for that month and get a pass at Radar Golf. I enjoy playing a round more then practicing, but hitting trackman is much more fun/satisfying then actually playing a round for me. Ill for sure be back there soon.

Sincerely, Jim

Originally Posted by Jimbo Slice

Thanks again for all the support, and I accept all apologies and what not haha.

I just wanted to mention that actual practice session was a full hour and only $45. Jeff was way cool and did shoot me lots of pointers and explained ball flight to me in between the groups of shots I was taking. He made allot of stuff click and I now know exactly what I need to work on. If the facility wasn't so far from my house I would have bought a month pass for $145 allowing you to book a limit of 1hour a day for the entire month.

If someone in town lives anywhere near this place, I highly suggest picking up a month pass or at least an hour to try it out. Just use the money you would have spent golfing for that month and get a pass at Radar Golf. I enjoy playing a round more then practicing, but hitting trackman is much more fun/satisfying then actually playing a round for me. Ill for sure be back there soon.

wow. 45 to actually find out all my numbers and be given some pointers. Sounds like quite a deal. I havent taken lessons for the cost and feeling that I can fix it myself but something I dont feel like I could do would be diagnose my problems.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

And I paid $100? Wow. The results of my Callaway session are in the following thread (per Erik): http://thesandtrap.com/t/58537/the-sand-trap-visits-callaway-golf-razr-fit-driver-fitting-at-the-ely-callaway-performance-center Oh, driver stats were an avg. of 7 swings, 6i 3 swings. Called the guy today and asked about efficiency (smash factor). He said my driver was good and 6i was 'excellent'..he may have been stroking me, idk. He said that's why we only hit 3 of them. He didn't think I'd improve past that with my club (though I'm sure I could've gotten worse, as that never seems to be a problem). His logic, not mine.

In The Bag: - Patience - Persistence - Perseverance - Platitudes

Looks like this thread is beginning to wrap up ROFL. It really turned out to be a good time, and I had a blast. Very interactive, lots of traffic, claims/doubts, good debates, misunderstandings, learning opportunities for both me and others, and proof lol. There wasn't much that this thread didn't have, and it really was fun and even entertaining at times.

I have no hard feelings what so ever and hope I made only friends, and no enemies.

Shorty gets me fired up at times, but that's only because I actually care what he has to say for some odd reason ROFL. Before I ever posted on the forum, I read threw lots of the threads and quickly noticed Shorty was very unique in the way he replied to some of the posts hehe. Not just your average trash talker, lots of underlying intelligence and wittiness. He was my favorite member of the board before I ever posted lol, Shorty you GOON! I new he was gonna get on me rofl....  I hope we are on good terms now ? as well as all the others!

• Upvote 1

Sincerely, Jim

Note: This thread is 4242 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!