IGNORED

Brandel Chamblee (Again) Calls for Tiger to Ditch Sean Foley

iacas
Note:Β This thread is 3672 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Originally Posted by brocks

Brandel went on at length last night about how players were worse today because of all the coaching and video analysis they get. He offered "proof" of his thesis by pointing out that video analysis really got going 30 or so years ago, and that's when parity hit the game. He is a classic example of somebody who starts with his conclusion, namely Jack is the best ever, and then argues backwards from that, and doesn't realize how dumb he sounds when he tries to shoehorn square facts into round holes.

Nobilo had a bemused expression on his face, and quietly noted that that's also when the international players started becoming a force in the majors, which made it harder for players to compile the kind of numbers you saw in the 60's.

That is exactly what I was talking about. Β I wish I had a tape of it. Β It was hilarious to just sit there and listen to him. Β I was amused at how he truly believed what he was saying. Β LOL

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by walk18

Chamblee doesn't have the credentials to bash Tiger or his coach. What has he done in his career?? At least when Nick Faldo says stuff, whom I also dislike and disagree with btw, at least that guy had a stellar career.

That is not a good argument though. You shouldnt need to have great credentials to be an educated critique and analyst. Bill Belichick wasnt exactly Joe Montana, but he sure as hell knows what he is talking about. Jay Bilas didnt do shit in the NBA, but he is one of the best NBA and college basketball analysts around these days.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland:Β CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Originally Posted by atb5079

That is not a good argument though. You shouldnt need to have great credentials to be an educated critique and analyst. Bill Belichick wasnt exactly Joe Montana, but he sure as hell knows what he is talking about. Jay Bilas didnt do shit in the NBA, but he is one of the best NBA and college basketball analysts around these days.

That is true.Β  Chamblee's lack of qualification is not in his playing career, but in his playing career coupled with his complete lack of any kind of coaching career.Β  Belichick knows what he is talking about because he has an actual record that validates his expertise.Β  Chamblee is in more of a position of, say, Brady Quinn criticizing the way that John Harbaugh coaches the Ravens.Β  Harbaugh has had some actual success, while not yet attaining the ultimate prize, which is about where Foley stands in the world of golf.Β  Brady Quinn has had a mediocre career (like Chamblee), and has no coaching experience or success to his credit, like Chamblee.

Quinn might even have better hair, although his hair seems to be Chamblee's chief qualification.

• Upvote 1

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

• 3 weeks later...

I saw Sean Foley working with Jason Dufner last night on the range via the Golf Channel. Β It made me think of this thread.

Did Foley just start teaching Dufner? Β I was surprised to see the two working together... Especially at this stage of the season when Dufner has been playing quite well this season. Β Thoughts? Β Comments?

I didn't see it but I know Dufner has worked with Chuck Cook for a while and they work towards a Hogan "model". Β It's not uncommon on tour to have guys ask other instructors questions but would be surprised if he's officially working with Foley.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends onΒ Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap onΒ Twitter!Β  andΒ onΒ Facebook!Β 
Golf TerminologyΒ -Β Β AnalyzrΒ Β -Β Β My Facebook,Β TwitterΒ andΒ InstagramΒ 

I saw that and was wondering the same thing. Β Foley took a video, then showed Duf. Β Duf started making practice swings that made it look like they were trying to get his elbows closer together.

Dan

:tmade:Β R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14Β 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron:Β Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Originally Posted by dsc123

I saw that and was wondering the same thing. Β Foley took a video, then showed Duf. Β Duf started making practice swings that made it look like they were trying to get his elbows closer together.

Yeah that is what I noticed too. Β Looked like he was trying to maintain the wedge.

Originally Posted by dsc123

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Yeah that is what I noticed too. Β Looked like he was trying to maintain the wedge.

Are you guys sure?Β  I just thought that Foley was showing him vacation pictures! "Those shorts are for a younger person?Β  Wouldn't you say??"

• Upvote 2

Are you guys sure?Β  I just thought that Foley was showing him vacation pictures! :dance: "Those shorts are for a younger person?Β  Wouldn't you say??"

Hahaha! That's a great commercial....

Colin P.

• Administrator

His elbows closer together? Seriously?

How much closer can they frickin' get?

Anyway, back to the topic (if there's anything more to talk about).

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

His elbows closer together? Seriously?

How much closer can they frickin' get?

Anyway, back to the topic (if there's anything more to talk about).

The camera was from Caddy View... And Foley had his camera. Β He was filming Duf's swing and then went up and started talking to him and showing him the frames. Β It looked like they were talking about the 'wedge' post impact as Duf did a move which looked like he was commenting on something Foley said.

I have no idea if Foley is 'instructing' Duf or not? Β But he was definitely filming his swing - and they were talking about it.

The only thing i can say about Dufner is that i hope he gets MRSA on his grundle for having such a hot wife and being so ugly...

Colin P.

Originally Posted by colin007

The only thing i can say about Dufner is that i hope he gets MRSA on his grundle for having such a hot wife and being so ugly...

He needs to cut his hair. Β Dude looks rough. :D

• 2 weeks later...

If duffner wins a tournament next year I will either slit my wrist or quit watching golf which he is ever leading again, as he is the most BORING person on the planet. He sinks birdies like theyre on sale and wont crack a smile on his snooty face...what a total dork. I understand he is quite fond of the drink also....maybe that explains his perverse demeanor, maybe he's hung over or even still drunk?

Now, my wife and her friends who watch golf make fun of him now too and they say he should be forced to drive a gravel truck for 3 years.

Funny part is he *thinks* he's being cool......Hahahaaaa....

Originally Posted by dennis6514

Do you think that video and technology (e.g. trackman) actually help people to learn or just get people confused? Do you think there are any negatives to getting too much feedback when learning golf?

When you do things wrong, you need all the feedback you can get. If you're no longer screwing up the fundamentals, there's no issue. The issue is people not understanding how to analyze their swing properly.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putterΒ 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Foley has gotten Tiger back to a balanced in control golf swing that is producing results.What more could Tiger ask for.It now comes down to his putter and whether or not he can get back to the great pressure putter he once was.

Note:Β This thread is 3672 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!