IGNORED

My Swing (Golfingdad)

Golfingdad
Note: This thread is 1305 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Saturday morning is booked. We'll be available at about 1 or 2pm Saturday afternoon. The FlightScope will be available for people to chart their Shot Zones. It's not capable of emailing, though, so as dumb as it is, you'll just have to hit your shots, take a photo with your phone, and then clear them and hit the next club.

Cool, thanks. I have golflogix and it maps all my shots with specific clubs. Not sure if I can get coordinates out of it, though.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Hmmm .... looks like they are about to get themselves some competition:  https://arccosgolf.com/

A few problems I see with that:

1) What if you take a practice swing? Will it register that as impact if you catch turf?

2) What if you have the iPhone on the cart path only in your cart, but your ball is 30 yards away? i.e. What if the iPhone isn't in your pocket?

3) Why's it $50 extra ($150 after "pre-orders" are done)? GAME GOLF is $249. The GPS is on your hip.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'm having them send a few. We may have one as a prize for the MVP at our Erie get-together.

I'm curious about the accuracy, particularly on putts. How does it know where the hole is, for example?

I know for things like the fairway, you can adjust it after the round on your computer to nudge a ball a few yards (since GPS is only within about ten feet or so).

You do the same thing with a putt that you do with your other shots. You mark the start and the end of each putt. It keeps track of how many times you used the putter on that hole. Obviously if you take a gimme it will screw up the readings though.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

• Administrator
You do the same thing with a putt that you do with your other shots. You mark the start and the end of each putt. It keeps track of how many times you used the putter on that hole. Obviously if you take a gimme it will screw up the readings though.

And if you make a 40-footer, you have to show it where the hole is at some point, no? Otherwise it will not know if you made a 40-footer or a 4-footer.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

And if you make a 40-footer, you have to show it where the hole is at some point, no? Otherwise it will not know if you made a 40-footer or a 4-footer.

There is a way to mark the end of the putt I'm pretty sure. I played with a guy who used one and he did something when he holed out every time to mark the hole. I don't remember if it's a button or what. I can try to get in touch with him to ask if you like.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

• Administrator

There is a way to mark the end of the putt I'm pretty sure. I played with a guy who used one and he did something when he holed out every time to mark the hole. I don't remember if it's a button or what. I can try to get in touch with him to ask if you like.

I'll probably find out for myself soon enough. Thank you for the offer.

Yes, I'd eliminate those two. They're outside the 80%. Not the 90%, but they're a stretch, so I'd get rid of them. If you suddenly start missing greens long and left, add them back in.

OK, so here's the updated zone.

I tried to make it as small as possible, but at the same time push the extra "air" towards the two I left out.  This way they're sort of halfway included, instead of having some random dead space short and right.

Guess this simply means I'll be aiming my PW about 5 1/2 yards left of it's preferred final destination from now on and see where that gets me. :beer:

OK, so here's the updated zone.

I tried to make it as small as possible, but at the same time push the extra "air" towards the two I left out.  This way they're sort of halfway included, instead of having some random dead space short and right.

Guess this simply means I'll be aiming my PW about 5 1/2 yards left of it's preferred final destination from now on and see where that gets me.

This is an impressive shot zone, even for a PW.  80% of the time you land it within 18-20 feet of your average!  That's ridiculously good!  Especially now if you start aiming 15 feet left.  You'll have a reasonable birdie putt 80% of the time, and a really makable short one something like 40%!

Also, @billchao , Themistocles literally made me LOL.  Can't say that happens a ton at TST!

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

This is an impressive shot zone, even for a PW.  80% of the time you land it within 18-20 feet of your average!  That's ridiculously good!  Especially now if you start aiming 15 feet left.  You'll have a reasonable birdie putt 80% of the time, and a really makable short one something like 40%!

Also, @billchao, Themistocles literally made me LOL.  Can't say that happens a ton at TST!

Well, I don't know about that.  Certainly, in theory, thats the idea.  I'm going to be aiming my PW about 5 yards left now and see what happens.  (Oh, and I'm going to just to the same exact thing with all of the rest of my clubs, but just scaled up or down a bit)  The edges of that zone would leave me about a 22 foot putt, which I'd always be happy with at this point in my game from that distance.

But that is 80% of 21 consecutive shots at the range.  My bet is that it doesn't exactly correlate on the course, when you don't get to keep re-teeing.  Further, you are supposed to throw out really bad mishits and I had a couple of those.  So it's probably closer to 70% true average.

Also, keep in mind that we're talking about a range that I use all of the time and have hit PW's to that same pole several 100's of times.  When I'm on the course, it's up to me to choose the correct club, and that plays a huge part in hitting the north-south part of that zone.  So factor that in, and it's probably even a lot closer to 60% (or even less) of the time where I might hit a PW within 22 feet.

We shall see.  My next tee time to give this a shot is Friday afternoon. :dance:

• 4 months later...

My thread here has been dormant for awhile, but I finally got a new phone that does high speed video AND an adaptor for a tripod, so I'm going to start updating a lot more now.  Here are a couple of videos from yesterday (a 7 iron and a driver):

Still working on (and failing at) straightening that right leg through impact.  The "jumping" feel.  Also noticed through these videos that my Key 1 is really, really bad....

And gotta work on the pitching motion as well ...

IMO the head and tailbone are moving (early extension) in an effort to try and shallow things out. I'll put something together for you.

A3-5

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Quick summary of the video I sent you.

- A1- Right ear slightly closer to your right shoulder.

- "Softer" upper back throughout the entire backswing. I also mentioned the feeling of the sternum pointing towards the ground.

Mike McLoughlin

@Golfingdad ,

Your videos are in safety mode, whatever that is.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

My thread here has been dormant for awhile, but I finally got a new phone that does high speed video AND an adaptor for a tripod, so I'm going to start updating a lot more now.  Here are a couple of videos from yesterday (a 7 iron and a driver):

Still working on (and failing at) straightening that right leg through impact.  The "jumping" feel.  Also noticed through these videos that my Key 1 is really, really bad....

And gotta work on the pitching motion as well ...

Those looked like pulls, or is that just camera distortion?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

@Golfingdad , Your videos are in safety mode, whatever that is.

Still working out the kinks. Like an ahole, I sent a slo-mo video of me putting a ball on a tee to some friends. ;). And I didn't realize that those above wouldn't come thru in their original (slo mo) format. Getting lots of help and will figure it out soon. [quote name="Ernest Jones" url="/t/60622/my-swing-golfingdad/420#post_1086961"]Those looked like pulls, or is that just camera distortion? [/quote]Not camera distortion. They were quite playable (slight pulls and even cut a pinch) but there were several other that session that were huuuuuge pulls. That's the downside. The upside is that I'm not hitting many of those giant and weak push cuts.

First time out today working on stuff from Mike last week.  Right ear closer to right shoulder at address and softer upper back.

And, not surprisingly, from A3 on it looks the same.  Goal next time out - check that, right now here in my living room - will be to find that better A3 position.

First time out today working on stuff from Mike last week.  Right ear closer to right shoulder at address and softer upper back. And, not surprisingly, from A3 on it looks the same.  Goal next time out - check that, right now here in my living room - will be to find that better A3 position.

A1 looks good. Really like how A2 looks, shoulder turn is more shallow. I'd be curious to see how it looks at A3 and 4 face-on.

Mike McLoughlin

A1 looks good. Really like how A2 looks, shoulder turn is more shallow. I'd be curious to see how it looks at A3 and 4 face-on.

So this is a situation where I'd vote "mirror" in the mirror vs. video thread. :-P I have a picture of you that I want to get to, and if I continue to go to the range and videotape myself, then go home and watch it, it'll possibly take several iterations.  Each time trying to feel a little less around the back from A2-A4 but not getting the INSTANT feedback.  Last night, after posting, I just stood up and grabbed my old 7-iron and posed at A2-A3-A4 while checking my reflection in the window.

It'll still be a challenge but at least I already have a sense of what I need to feel.

And I'll try and get more FO today as well.

Thanks!!

Note: This thread is 1305 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!