IGNORED

What ball(s) is in your bag?

Note:Β This thread is 3961 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Originally Posted by Goonsidious

Sometimes it's not our fault!

Seriously, yesterday morning I hit a wonderful 2nd shot on a par 5.. landed on fairway.. I drive up to where the ball landed.. GONE. Had no idea where it went.

Maybe the hot sun was affecting my sight while looking for a white ball.. but yes.. lost a perfectly good ball after looking for 5 minutes.

Depressing :(.

To be fair though.. I'm really bad at following my ball during flight.. so many times I'm like 10-15 yards past or behind where my ball actually is. Lol.

glad I'm not the only one! Β I can't count how many blind tee shots I've thought were going to be easily findable in the fairway (or at least first cut, not far off) just to see they've vanished. But it's even worse when you watch the balls flight in its entirety, try to make a mental note of something near where it landed, and STILL can't find it

Back on topic: currently playing laddie x balls, Β but I'm currently testing a new 5w in the bag thats been helping me hit A LOT more fairways compared to my driver. Β If the trend continues for a while, I'll be tempted to test out a few pricier balls.

• 2 weeks later...

I have some Bridgestone Tour B330 RXS, which is my current golf ball.Β  Some Pro v1's, which I hate, and I'm thinking about maybe moving to a Callaway HX Diablo Tour, less spin than the RXS.

Putter: Β Classic Black Platinum 1

Driver: Β R1 Stiff flex

3 Wood: Β AMP - Regular flex, 15 degrees

3 Hybrid: Β Baffler T-Rail - Regular flex, 19 degrees

Irons:Β :tmade:Β MC Forged - PW-4

Wedges: :cleve: 588 RTX 2.0 Tour Blade Black Satin - 52.10 and 58.10

Ball:Β Β Pro V1x

lucky me, the really inexpensive Top Flites hit fine and feel good.

also, most Titleists and Calloways

Bill -Β 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by rehmwa

lucky me, the really inexpensive Top Flites hit fine and feel good.

also, most Titleists and Calloways

I use either Callaway balls, or Top Flites cause they are cheap and I feel that for a very inexpensive ball, they are good.Β  I feel that the newer Top Flites are much better balls than they used to be.

In my bag:
Driver - Diablo Octane 10.5*
Fairway Wood - Diablo Octane 15*
Hybrid -Β  Edge 21*
Irons - X20's 4I - 9I
Wedges -Β X20's PW/SW
Putter - White Ice 1
Ball - Warbird
Β 

Β 

• 4 weeks later...

So far liking the Srixon Z Star Tour Yellow for fall / winter.Β  Picked up a few dozen on discount shelf and like how they play.

Joe Paradiso

ive played pro v1's and v1x's for years up until i bought a sleeve of the new titleist velocity's this year. less expensive and easily a club longer than any other ball ive used. absolutely love them and at 27$/dozen nearly half the price of the pro v's. they will be in my bag for as long as titleist makes them.

• 1 month later...
Pro v1 all day every day!!!! I won't even pick up pro v1x and put them in my bag (my playing partners love me). I should start keeping all the balls I find and sell them to help with my Pro v1 habit. I was a big fan of Pentas but I hate Taylormade so bad I refuse to give them any of my hard earned money anymore. Next week the R1s tour spec ambidextrous driver comes out and your 4 day old R1 is now worth 12 bucks trade in!!!

Cally HX Chrome Yellow - will give low speed players some spin and height

Just picked up 2 dz Innovex V Motion - I received a sleeve and they were very predictable around the greens - better than the ProV1 - so I bought a couple of dozen to try this spring. Supposedly, a ProV1 with higher launch and lower spin. At $31 out the door, I like the savings.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22Β HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7Β Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Β 

Originally Posted by Goonsidious

I'll hold you to that! I live in Illinois so it would be a quick pay & ship. I do want to try a variety of balls[unsure what's best for me], but not really liking the fact that I will have to purchase a dozen just to see., and i cant afford those expensive balls/dozen.

I'm obviously not sure what you have, but if you do have a sleeve or two of a ball that would work well with a swing speed of 100, [well my ball speed is 136, so i'm guessing my swing speed]. I don't have a slice really, the driver if I don't stay disciplined in my swing(but iv'e been doing fine recently). That would be great. green spin would be nice.. but im more worried about keeping the ball straight and long.. but obviously don't want just a distance ball, as my iron/short game is good enough to be effected by balls stopping on the green. I'm just blabbering I know.

if you haven't already done so i would be happy to help you out....I currently have well over 1300 balls in my possession of every make and model you can think of and would be happy to send you some free samples to try out.....living on a golf course definitely has its advantages :) Β been ranked the #2 golf course in the state so I am always finding nice balls while on the course

I went from the srixon q star to the Bridgestone e6 this year I haven't gotten much use out of it but I'm hoping I get the same ball flight with a little more spin around the green. Anyone made that switch ?

I recently switched to Srixon Z star tour yellow because they offer good spin Β and are relatively durable from what I have read and at times I have a hard time seeing the ball against the horizon so I am hoping the yellow will help with that.

• 2 weeks later...
How user friendly is the Prov1x the ball fitting guide at Titleist said it was the one for me. But I struggle with my ball flight off the tee. Any ideas ?

The Pro V1x is pretty consistent off the tee, the Pro V1 is not as user friendly. But you make up for that on the short game. Although I would suggest the TM Lethal, way better off the tee and just a better all around ball.

Putter: Β Classic Black Platinum 1

Driver: Β R1 Stiff flex

3 Wood: Β AMP - Regular flex, 15 degrees

3 Hybrid: Β Baffler T-Rail - Regular flex, 19 degrees

Irons:Β :tmade:Β MC Forged - PW-4

Wedges: :cleve: 588 RTX 2.0 Tour Blade Black Satin - 52.10 and 58.10

Ball:Β Β Pro V1x

Titleist NXT Tour for me. Really like the way the ball feels off the club face and I like the performance. I want to try a Top Flite Gamer V2 this year, I hear and read good things about them.

Titleist 913 D3
Taylormade RBZ 3 Wood

Taylormade RBZ 3 Hybrid

Taylormade RBZ 4 Hybrid

MIzuno MP52 5-PW

MIzuno 52* MP-T10 Wedge

Mizuno 56* R Series Wedge

Mizuno 60* R Series Wedge
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

I'm kind of all over the place... I'll find one I like, buy a bunch and then switch when they're gone as I try to buy whatever is fairly cheap. For a while I was using the MacGregor VIP which is a 3 piece urethane covered ball. Had good feel to me and the distance was good. I kind of thought of it as a poor man's Pro V1 or whatever. I got them for $8/dz as they were clearing them out at Golfsmith (they got discontinued). I still have some of those left but I found a good deal (buy one get one) on the Maxfli U/4, which is their version of a Pro V1... Bought 4 dozen of those for about $60 and I like them quite a bit too. Now they have the U/6, which I want to try as well. In the past I've played the Gamer V2s (looking forward to playing the Gamer Tour), Penta (original version), Pro V1 and V1x, Srixon Z Stars, and the Bridgestone B330 RX just to name a few... The more expensive ones were either found or bought as good quality used balls.

I guess if money wasn't an issue at all and I could play what ever ball I wanted it'd be the Pro V1... I like it but it's just so expensive.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment:Β 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5Β°) Β· PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15Β° and 21Β°)Β Β· PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22Β°, 25Β°, and 28Β°) Β· PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) Β·Β Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50Β°, 55Β°, 60Β°) Β·Β Edel Classic BladeΒ Putter (32") Β· Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour Β· Pinned Prism RangefinderΒ Β· Star Grips Β· Flightscope Mevo Β· TRUE Linkswear Shoes Β·Β Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
AnalyzrΒ Pro

Note:Β This thread is 3961 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!