IGNORED

5SK Video Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3046 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Originally Posted by boogielicious

The whole time I was hoping James was going to drill one through the opening in the building that is lined up perfectly in front of him.

That wouldn't be very HIGH though would it?

Overdraws always curve left of the target. It's a relatively straight draw.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure if it's a problem with my computer but the only video I see and can open in this thread is the 1st one. I have ordered the 5SK DVD's and got the notice they were shipped. I have been on the PureStrike site watching the videos there in the mean time. I went to the course trying to implement the keys into my game and had mixed results. In general I hit more solid shots than I have been recently but had some directional control issues which must be path & clubface related. Most misses were left. Starting on line or left of line and going further left. Great hits and flight but not on target. I could not seem to get the path & club face right often enough. Wondering this morning if I was not getting deep enough on the back swing? Anyway I am looking forward to receiving the DVD's. I am also trying to contact the Evolution group in Erie to see about a possible lesson. Steve

Originally Posted by mvmac

I worked on this yesterday.  I worked out very well for me and reminded me that shoulder and hip alignment are very important for Key 4 and 5.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I worked on this yesterday.  I worked out very well for me and reminded me that shoulder and hip alignment are very important for Key 4 and 5.

Worked on it yesterday evening - it reminded me to move the ball more forward, and then more forward  than I am comfortable doing. If not, the ball ends up fore right.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

• 4 weeks later...

Testimonial for you:

I played golf Thursday, shot 88. Haven't been playing well lately, frustrated, came back to this thread that I was referred to by mvmac. Watched the videos on the first two pages taking notes on things to focus on, drills to work on, etc.

Friday, went to the driving range with my notepad. Large bucket of balls (~100) really took my time. Hit them over about 2 hours at the range. Did the drills, focused on the pointers and specifically #4 and #5 which I realized I had maybe let slip into some bad habits over time. Felt good about my practice.

Saturday, went out played 27 holes, still keeping those items in mind. Hit the ball much better, scores of 39, 40, 37. I really think the 5 simple keys were a big part of it. Even in that short a turnaround, I'm a believer and will work on those drills moving forward. Hopefully the long term results continue to be as good as the short term!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

It's like Christmas coming early!  What about club selection?  I tend to go to my 4 to 6 iron depending on how low I need to hit it.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

What about club selection?

As you can imagine, that depends on what length and height you need.

Originally Posted by iacas

As you can imagine, that depends on what length and height you need.

But all things being equal, do you have a go to club for punching out of trouble or do you always evaluate the situation and adjust?

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

But all things being equal, do you have a go to club for punching out of trouble or do you always evaluate the situation and adjust?

I've hit anything from about a 9-iron to a 5-iron. If you get good at it you can't take too little loft because you can actually just hit the ball horizontal or even downward with negative loft. And a pitching wedge or higher can be finicky (and really, if you're punching out with a pitching wedge, something isn't right - take an 8-iron and don't punch it, just play it softer and with more normal loft).

I don't have a go-to club. I take as much loft as possible (it's unlikely I am going for distance) that will safely keep it under things.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

This is an easy one, and honestly, something most of you should be doing in conjunction with other drills when you're practicing.

This is an easy one, and honestly, something most of you should be doing in conjunction with other drills when you're practicing.

I honestly didn't think this video was THAT interesting, but apparently she did ... ;) As soon as I turned it on, she ran over and spun the computer around so she could see it. Right after this pic she looks at me and goes "goffeen?? ... daddy goffeen?" :)

kute

• Upvote 1

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

It's as if she is looking at the flight of the ball... cute.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Excellent!

Scott

My Swing Thread

Man, wish I could change my clubface as easily as that. I'm pulling a lot lately.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Note: This thread is 3046 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!