IGNORED

In Hand Pics! TaylorMade RocketBladez Tour and RocketBladez irons! New Pics Added! 1-3-13

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4039 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Here are in hand pics of the 2013 TaylorMade RocketBladez Tour Irons

For pics of the 2013 TaylorMade woods go HERE

4 Iron

7 Iron

Pitching Wedge

8 iron comparison pics with standard RocketBladez irons

Original Post from 10/23/12

TaylorMade has been counting down to a big announcement the past few weeks.  That announcement was the RocketBladez irons. We got a sneak peak at the tour version HERE Below is a pic of the real thing.  RocketBladez irons will be available 11/30/12 while the Tour RocketBladez will be available Feb 2013

Package arrived this morning

Watch as TaylorMade-adidas Golf CEO Mark King and Executive Vice President Sean Toulon introduce the new RocketBladez and RocketBladez Tour irons

Tour RocketBladez

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have a hard time believing they are as consistent as they state, but who knows maybe they are.  They look nice though.  Hopefully they will come with some kind of pick to clean the dirt out of the slot after every shot as well.  ;)  I had the woods for a while.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Originally Posted by cipher

I have a hard time believing they are as consistent as they state, but who knows maybe they are.  They look nice though.  Hopefully they will come with some kind of pick to clean the dirt out of the slot after every shot as well.  ;)  I had the woods for a while.

I read earlier today on another forum, the guy did some testing and his distance numbers were crazy consistent. He started off the review saying he despises TM and he will not bag these but the consistency numbers TM claims are legit. Also supposedly there is some goop inserted to keep dirt out of the speed channel thing. I dont know a better way to decribe it but it's some goop 3M developed.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

I was just on the website, they say it is a polymer that is put in the slot.  Makes sense as it would stay flexible.  I do like the look of the tour ones.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

Originally Posted by RonTheSavage

I read earlier today on another forum, the guy did some testing and his distance numbers were crazy consistent. He started off the review saying he despises TM and he will not bag these but the consistency numbers TM claims are legit. Also supposedly there is some goop inserted to keep dirt out of the speed channel thing. I dont know a better way to decribe it but it's some goop 3M developed.

You better start carrying a pin knife in your pocket if you game these.  3M is pretty genius with their various adhesives, glues, films, textiles, etc... But there is no 'goop' that is going to keep muddy/sandy sod from creeping into that 'speed slot'.

Another comment... The offset makes the unplayable for me.  I'd be taking folks out down the right side of the fairway!!

I was just on the website, they say it is a polymer that is put in the slot.  Makes sense as it would stay flexible.  I do like the look of the tour ones.

Yeah Polymer sounds wayyyy better than goop! lol

But there is no 'goop' that is going to keep muddy/sandy sod from creeping into that 'speed slot'.

Im with you, not sure Im buying that either.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

You better start carrying a pin knife in your pocket if you game these.  3M is pretty genius with their various adhesives, glues, films, textiles, etc... But there is no 'goop' that is going to keep muddy/sandy sod from creeping into that 'speed slot'.

Another comment... The offset makes the unplayable for me.  I'd be taking folks out down the right side of the fairway!!

The slot looks to be completely filled with polymer.  It should be ok at fist.  The question is, will it hold up over time?  I think it would eventually have to start separating but maybe not.  Call me a skeptic, but this is coming from the guy who had his irons de-laminate on him.

Nate

Ummm....those arent blades and its a joke that TM would name them, "RocketBladez".

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Originally Posted by GaijinGolfer

Ummm....those arent blades and its a joke that TM would name them, "RocketBladez".

Who cares?  It's just a name.

You know what else these clubs aren't?

They aren't rockets.  Anybody here from NASA wanna complain about that too?

• Upvote 4

Yes that's exactly what it is, few more pics of the standard RocketBladez 6 iron

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

The slot looks to be completely filled with polymer.  It should be ok at fist.  The question is, will it hold up over time?  I think it would eventually have to start separating but maybe not.  Call me a skeptic, but this is coming from the guy who had his irons de-laminate on him.

Here is some close-ups of the irons. I didn't realize they eliminated the speed slot on the 8i down... Makes sense as distance control is critical for shorter irons and you don't want a ball hitting hot of the face.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151303501359665.523010.119500444664&type;=1

Regarding the comment on the 3M polymer insert... I guess they could use a clear polymer - similar to what we use in the electronics manufacturing world, to fill the void/air gap between a touch screen and an LCD.  The process is called optically bonding - where the adhesive polymer is injected under a vacuum and it ultimately adheres the two component layers together...  But the polymer is transparent to the human eye.

The problem I see with this polymer insert is regarding it's shear strength and elasticity.  I would think it's shear strength would be lower than that of steel?  And thus, over time would begin to flake and crumble??

They're not blades. They're bladez. :-D [quote name="Beachcomber" url="/t/62844/taylormade-introduces-rocketbladez-and-rocketbladez-tour-irons/0_30#post_779568"]Here is some close-ups of the irons. I didn't realize they eliminated the speed slot on the 8i down... Makes sense as distance control is critical for shorter irons and you don't want a ball hitting hot of the face. [URL=https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151303501359665.523010.119500444664&type;=1]https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151303501359665.523010.119500444664&type;=1[/URL] Regarding the comment on the 3M polymer insert... I guess they could use a clear polymer - similar to what we use in the electronics manufacturing world, to fill the void/air gap between a touch screen and an LCD.  The process is called optically bonding - where the adhesive polymer is injected under a vacuum and it ultimately adheres the two component layers together...  But the polymer is transparent to the human eye. The problem I see with this polymer insert is regarding it's shear strength and elasticity.  I would think it's shear strength would be lower than that of steel?  And thus, over time would begin to flake and crumble?? [/quote] http://thesandtrap.com/b/clubs/nike_cci_cast_irons_review Nike tried something similar a few years ago with the CCi cast irons. I don't remember hearing about any problems with the polymer breaking apart, but I don think those irons ever sold very well. They also use polymer in the Method putters, but of course the speed at which putters hit the ground is entirely different from what irons experience. .

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Is anyone other than O'Hair using the tour version yet?

Quote:
Here is some close-ups of the irons. I didn't realize they eliminated the speed slot on the 8i down... Makes sense as distance control is critical for shorter irons and you don't want a ball hitting hot of the face.

I do like this idea.  The longer irons are really the only place it would be of use anyway.

Nate

I think TaylorMade makes better irons than most people think. I for one was very pleasantly surprised with how well the R11 irons performed during my review. I would bet that these irons are much better than people expect.

Michael

Interested to see how the top line looks on the tour model....looks pretty good though.  I'm a typical sucker for Taylormade's marketing,  but I will say my OCD wouldn't get along with that slot for very long.  q-tips/toothpicks+flashlight after every round =p

Originally Posted by NOVAgolfer

Interested to see how the top line looks on the tour model....looks pretty good though.  I'm a typical sucker for Taylormade's marketing,  but I will say my OCD wouldn't get along with that slot for very long.  q-tips/toothpicks+flashlight after every round =p

Here is the top line of the Tour taken from TM's Facebook page.

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by jamo

They also use polymer in the Method putters, but of course the speed at which putters hit the ground is entirely different from what irons experience.

Clearly coming from a man who hasn't seen my post-shot putting routine.

• Upvote 1

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Note: This thread is 4039 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!