• Announcements

• iacas

Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:
Sign in to follow this  
Vinniet

How to remove labels on shafts?

Vinniet    0

I have these annoying stickers on all of my clubs and I wanted to know if anybody knew of a good method of removing them that doesn't damage the graphite/steel shafts? (Prefer if you have tried the method first)

Audaxi    2

Rubbing alcohol is pretty handy for this. Took the sticker with the barcode off of my wedges fairly quickly.

LBlack14    21
Heat it up, peel it off then clean off with nail polish remover, acetone or even lighter fluid.

clarky75    2
I have the same issue on my clubs have the price tag labels on the shafts of the wedges woods etc its a pain to remove and then to get the adhesive off I'll try some of these tips see how it goes Thanks

Jmdmbike    29
Peel the label / sticker and use Goo Gone. I put the GG on a paper towel to wipe off the remaining glue. Comes right off.

jamo    701
I know the OP has already responded with a success story, but I'm also in the Goof Off and paper towel camp.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

clarky75    2
I just removed the price tags off my clubs essentially I just removed the stickers by my hands fingernails then removed the sticky adhesive with some baby oil as advised in another post worked well and looks much better.

mvmac    1,760

I use a heat gun or hair dryer on the label, makes it easier to peel off, then use Goo Gone

http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/S-18415/Cleaning-Supplies/Goo-Gone-8-oz-Bottle?pricode=WU338&gadtype;=pla&gclid;=CMmEnPbVubMCFQtxQgodhBsAyQ

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades