IGNORED

TheSandTrap Socal Golfers - Spring 2013 Outing - Discussion

Beachcomber
Note: This thread is 4032 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by hacker101

I forgot all about Industry Hill, they use to hold a lot of tournaments there, I would assume they have been keeping it up.

I think it will come down to how much you want to spend $$ and if you can get a tee time, it is starting to get crowed now.

Have fun let us know what you decided.

Industry is a GREAT course, especially the Ike. We play it every year for my work's golf tournament.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Funny it is just over the hill from me not sure why we have not played it, could get there in 15 min.

Will need to add to the list, just forgot it was there.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Booked Oak Quarry on early Saturday - looked interesting, scenic and rocky...

Plenty of time to recover. And what the hey, they had a coupon

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Nice will be looking for what you think, I have never played there before.

Have a great time.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Originally Posted by hacker101

Nice will be looking for what you think, I have never played there before.

Have a great time.

Thanks.

Still looking for the morning of the 9th -- was thinking Black Gold ... but must wait until the date is closer.

Watch the review section after I return - courses, clubs ...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Booked Oak Quarry on early Saturday - looked interesting, scenic and rocky...

Plenty of time to recover. And what the hey, they had a coupon

I haven't played there myself but know people who have. They've said that it is a GREAT course. I think you'll have a great time there.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Bad news from my side...  I just got pulled into meetings being held in Taiwan on April 8th.

Therefore, I'll be flying out of LAX on Saturday, April 6th to arrive on Sunday, April 7th in Taipei... I have to do this just to make the meeting which is on Monday.

Thus, I'm out of the mix for this outing... Sorry guys... I'll have to catch you on the next one.

My buddy Mike - I'll let him know how to get a hold of Golfingdad, in case he wants to still play, even though I'm out.

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Bad news from my side...  I just got pulled into meetings being held in Taiwan on April 8th.

Therefore, I'll be flying out of LAX on Saturday, April 6th to arrive on Sunday, April 7th in Taipei... I have to do this just to make the meeting which is on Monday.

Thus, I'm out of the mix for this outing...Sorry guys... I'll have to catch you on the next one.

My buddy Mike - I'll let him know how to get a hold of Golfingdad, in case he wants to still play, even though I'm out.

Then you really have to come Friday to make up for it!

Yes, definitely give Mike my info ... I'll be happy to give him a ride.

Thus, I'm out of the mix for this outing...Sorry guys... I'll have to catch you on the next one.

Wow, that sucks! Good thing we are going to do this a few times each year. Now who is going to be on my team?

Post back when you find out if your buddy is still playing so Erik can update the teams.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

• Administrator

Will do... Sorry guys.

So we'll see you Friday.

That isn't a question. :D

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

So we'll see you Friday.

That isn't a question. :D

Hahha I'm working on it.  Def want to do SOMETHING.  Just need to make sure there are no conflicts with work.

Let the countdown begin....Can't wait to get out and play!!!

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Then you really have to come Friday to make up for it!

Yes, definitely give Mike my info ... I'll be happy to give him a ride.

Sucks that Beach can't make it but if he and Mike are out, that gives us 16 players.  Unless Mike really wants to play, I'd say 16 is a nice number and makes things easy with 4 foursomes.

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

Wow, that sucks! Good thing we are going to do this a few times each year. Now who is going to be on my team?

Post back when you find out if your buddy is still playing so Erik can update the teams.

Yeah I think Erik will be posting revised groups in the next few days.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Sorry guys, Mike is out too. I had Easter brunch with him yesterday. He has to go to Vegas for NAB so he's going out early to watch the final four and gamble his monies away.

Originally Posted by mvmac

Sucks that Beach can't make it but if he and Mike are out, that gives us 16 players.  Unless Mike really wants to play, I'd say 16 is a nice number and makes things easy with 4 foursomes.

Yeah I think Erik will be posting revised groups in the next few days.

Sorry guys, Mike is out too. I had Easter brunch with him yesterday. He has to go to Vegas for NAB so he's going out early to watch the final four and gamble his monies away.

Yeah, 16 will work out perfectly ... as long as nobody else backs out?!?!?!

By the way, I checked the early weather reports, and we are suppsoed to have basically clear skies with "patchy morning fog" and a high of 68 on Sunday.  Saturday overnight low is 47, so it might be a bit chilly when we are warming up.

For Friday in Riverside its the same forecast (partly cloudy/a little morning fog) but with a high of 78.  Overnight low is 52.  Brrr.

By the way, I checked the early weather reports, and we are suppsoed to have basically clear skies with "patchy morning fog" and a high of 68 on Sunday.  Saturday overnight low is 47, so it might be a bit chilly when we are warming up. For Friday in Riverside its the same forecast (partly cloudy/a little morning fog) but with a high of 78.  Overnight low is 52.  Brrr.

Awwwwwww. :-)

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

What time is everybody planning on getting there Sunday?

FYI, according to their website, they have a restaurant that opens for breakfast at 7am.  That's about when golfswine and myself will be getting there if alarm clocks and traffic allow.

Mike/Erik:  5SK Friday is at 9am, right?

Note: This thread is 4032 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!