IGNORED

TheSandTrap Socal Golfers - Spring 2013 Outing - Discussion

Beachcomber
Note: This thread is 4026 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Many thanks to Mike and Erik and all others to make this happened.

My partner and I had so much fun during our round with Lihu and his son, Kaili (you're GOOD! Keep it up kid).

It was my pleasure to meeting you all as well.

I'm already looking forward to next outing!

Driver: Mizuno MP-630 10.5* S-Flex

Irons: 4-6 Mizuno JPX 800 S-Flex, 7-P Mizuno MP-58 S-Flex

Wedge: Mizuno MP-10 56*

Putter: Odyssey Black Series Tour Design #2

Ball: Gamer V2, Q-Star, e-6

Guys,

Again I want to apologize for not making our commitment. Looks like you all had a great time, Mike and Erik I know this was a lot of work thank you for all you guys did.

Mom is doing better, got home late last night and will be flying back this Friday night to driver her and her husband home from Monterrey. Sounds like she will be in a rehab for a couple weeks close to her home in San Diego. Will see you all next time and again I apologize.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

• Administrator
Originally Posted by hacker101

Mom is doing better, got home late last night and will be flying back this Friday night to driver her and her husband home from Monterrey. Sounds like she will be in a rehab for a couple weeks close to her home in San Diego. Will see you all next time and again I apologize.

No apology necessary, and great news about your mom. Best wishes to her continued recovery.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Guys,

Again I want to apologize for not making our commitment. Looks like you all had a great time, Mike and Eric I know this was a lot of work thank you for all you guys did.

No need to apologize, it's just golf! Glad to hear that your mom is doing better, and we will definitely catch you at the next one.  (Kinda surprised Beachcomber hasn't already started the thread for the next one since he'll be itching after having missed this one!)

Haven't had much time on the site in the last few days but want to thank everyone for coming out and great to see all you guys.  Also want to thank Erik for making the long trip across the country, lots of fun to get to play some golf and teach with him.

Guys,

Again I want to apologize for not making our commitment. Looks like you all had a great time, Mike and Erik I know this was a lot of work thank you for all you guys did.

Originally Posted by iacas

No apology necessary, and great news about your mom. Best wishes to her continued recovery.

As Erik said, no worries at all, good to hear about your mom.  Look forward to seeing you at the next outing!

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

My son and I had a great time. I needed to coax him to detach himself from his handicap and his performance on this course. Like the course ambassador said "You're making this little kid play from the black tees? That's brutal..." It was funny that there was some sort of qualifier on the course, and even some of the black tees were moved back to the gold.

I enjoyed having an excuse for using the black/gold tees again, and, of course, successfully detached myself from the scores I got.

The course was beautiful, and I got to see two of the mountains I used to climb and ski. It was picture perfect scenery. I would love to play it again (from the blue tees, of course).

I think our team mates also had a good time, and would like to play some more rounds with them as I improve.

Thanks to Mike and Erik (long trip) for making the trip our there. I wish I could have hung around for the ceremonies, I think I could have made LVP.

We are definitely up for another round! .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Guys, I added Morongo as a course to review. Please head over there and post your thoughts as well.

Hoping to get to play the balls tomorrow, so I'll post a review of them too provided no one beats me to it.

Also, forgot to thank my playing partners for tolerating me hacking about the course....

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

Hacker, no worries about not making it. Glad to hear your mom is doing better.

It was fun to do this for the second time and can't wait for the third. This time we went from 10 to 15 players so hopefully next time we can get to 20.

Originally Posted by jefkve

Guys, I added Morongo as a course to review. Please head over there and post your thoughts as well.

Hoping to get to play the balls tomorrow, so I'll post a review of them too provided no one beats me to it.

Also, forgot to thank my playing partners for tolerating me hacking about the course....

Hey no worries... It's not like me or my brother were exactly playing great either. It was just fun to get out there and play.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Thanks guys,

We will be there next time even if I have to stay at a hotel by the course.

Liked the pictures it sure sounds like you all had a great time.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Thanks guys,

We will be there next time even if I have to stay at a hotel by the course.

Liked the pictures it sure sounds like you all had a great time.

I have this vision in my head that in 5 years time there will be a "Sandtrap.com 5SK Classic Pro-Am presented by Kick-X."  They'll have it in Vegas or Scottsdale or Orlando and each foursome will get to play with one of the 5SK instructors or some special guests (I'm thinking Mac O'Grady, Andy Plummer and Mike Bennett as a start ;)).  It will be complete with a dinner, silent auction, raffle, the whole shebang, and it will all have been born out of our little get-togethers.  (And because of that, we'll all get discounted rates in the tournament each year as "founders")

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

I have this vision in my head that in 5 years time there will be a "Sandtrap.com 5SK Classic Pro-Am presented by Kick-X."  They'll have it in Vegas or Scottsdale or Orlando and each foursome will get to play with one of the 5SK instructors or some special guests (I'm thinking Mac O'Grady, Andy Plummer and Mike Bennett as a start ;)).  It will be complete with a dinner, silent auction, raffle, the whole shebang, and it will all have been born out of our little get-togethers.  (And because of that, we'll all get discounted rates in the tournament each year as "founders")

Sounds good to me!

Mike McLoughlin

More pics I am still in SoCal - in Long Beach tonight

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

More pics

I am still in SoCal - in Long Beach tonight

Nice!

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Got the putter!!!  Looks like a stealth bomber!    Thanks a lot Sand Trap!!!!

Probably take it for a spin on the course when i go out tomorrow to pelican hill...   review to follow!

Thanks, Guys, back in DFW, and have had time to collect thoughts.

Great company and Great Instructors!

Thanks, Erik, Mike, and All SoCal TST Members whom I met and with whom I played.

After a 5SK Clinic, Pitching Clinic, On Course Coaching, Aimpoint Clinic, and a couple of lessons, my head was ... and still is processing.

Went to the range and an LM Tuesday and yesterday, practicing drills and attempting to ingrain good swing habits learned from the clinics and lessons. Swung with more aggression, and can tell that my mojo is returning after a 5 year absence. I spent the last 1.5 years here, and with videos, books, etc. BUT nothing replaces an excellent instructor(s) with great communication skills. What you feel in a practice session is not real - which is why someone with skills needs to hammer good swing habits into your swing.

The sessions with Mike and Erik were wake-up calls - they changed my full swing, putting (going more to an Utley style now without thinking) and pitching. My son commented yesterday how he'd never seen me hole more 20 footers in practice.

I am very analytical and must process everything. So before any athleticism kicks in, it must make sense. That takes time.

But the long weekend was a revelation.

Now on to Aimpoint drills....

Thanks, Everyone!

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

The sessions with Mike and Erik were wake-up calls - they changed my full swing, putting (going more to an Utley style now without thinking) and pitching. My son commented yesterday how he'd never seen me hole more 20 footers in practice.

I am very analytical and must process everything. So before any athleticism kicks in, it must make sense. That takes time.

But the long weekend was a revelation.

Now on to Aimpoint drills....

Keep it up. :)

Just one picture from Monday morning, when Mike and Jerry and I played The Crossings:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by Pakoh

Got the putter!!!  Looks like a stealth bomber!    Thanks a lot Sand Trap!!!!

Probably take it for a spin on the course when i go out tomorrow to pelican hill...   review to follow!

Nice putter did you win this at the outting?

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Nice putter did you win this at the outting?

Yep, he was in the winning group and won the playoff, which was a putting contest.

Mike McLoughlin

Note: This thread is 4026 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!