IGNORED

Hole in three today

logman
Note: This thread is 4109 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by logman

Thank's guys, but It wasn't an ace........ I scored a par 3

Looking for affirmation in all the wrong places...are you sure you are patrick57 come back to haunt us?

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

I take back my congrats... Nice par but don't try to call it a hole in one because it's not.

Nah, I think it is. I think its possible to hit 20 balls into the scrub and STILL hit a hole in one.

Taking the above advice may lead to destruction of your golf game. Laughing at it may reduce stress.

Maybe this is the secret behind of these different alternatives to the golf swing that you are always supporting. The game becomes a lot easier if you can make a 3, but write down a 1 on the scorecard.

Driver - Titleist 913D2 10.5* 3 Wood - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 3 15* Hybrid - Ping G20 20* Hybrid - Ping G20 23* Irons - Ping i20 5-PW KBS Tour Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM4 50* 54* 58* Putter - Tom Slighter Snubnose

• Administrator

Nah, I think it is. I think its possible to hit 20 balls into the scrub and STILL hit a hole in one.

It's not a hole in one.

I'm tempted to close the thread because it's not going to go well for you from here on out.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was about to say.....can a bowler can throw 9 gutter balls, then three strikes and call it a perfect game? Maybe that's not the best analogy.

You made a great single shot to the bottom of the cup...  technically it wasn't a hole in one but I suppose you could call it an ace to save par? How about calling it a two-Mulligan in one. I've had a few very long single sinkers from the sand after two embedded in the bank. Those kind of shots are what keep me playing. They tell me I am not completely hopeless as a golfer.

You made a great hole in three...the title of this thread described it the best.

In my  bag:

Driver, Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 9.5 stiff

3, 5 woods: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15,18 degrees Stiff

2 hybrid: Callaway Diable Edge Tour 18 degrees R (out when the 5 wood is in)

3,6 hybrids: Callaway Diablo Edge 21 S and 30 degrees R

4,5 hybrids: Callaway Razr X HL 24 and 27 degrees Stiff

7-AW irons: Callaway Razr HL graphite R shafts 

SW 54 Callaway X Series Jaws CC Slate Fujikura Graphite Stiff

Putter: Odessey White Ice 1 Blade Putter. 

Ball...looking for any ball that hates water, sand, long grass, and getting lost in the woods. 

I can't find any, so forced to use ones that seem to love all the above. 

Nah, I think it is. I think its possible to hit 20 balls into the scrub and STILL hit a hole in on

Well, the rules of golf would disagree with you. You actually would have scored a 41.

I'm done in this thread.

Originally Posted by SCfanatic35

Well, the rules of golf would disagree with you. You actually would have scored a 41.

I'm done in this thread.

Yes, they would ... also the rules of math would disagree with you, Loggy.

Yeah, on the next par 3

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

If logman was ever asked if he has hit a hole in one right handed his answer would be "yes, however,it was a  re tee and it only counted as a par"   That is what i think logman is trying to say. He has hit a hole in one by definition, he is not arguing the ROG . It is a hole in one.

Originally Posted by thescarecrow

If logman was ever asked if he has hit a hole in one right handed his answer would be "yes, however,it was a  re tee and it only counted as a par"   That is what i think logman is trying to say. He has hit a hole in one by definition, he is not arguing the ROG . It is a hole in one.

No he hasn't.  "By definition", he got a par.  The only thing he's "trying" to do is be funny and rile us up.  And, argh, it's working! ;)

P.S.  You should know that the title of thread was revised by a mod to be accurate, as opposed to it's original incorrect title "hole in one today"

Originally Posted by thescarecrow

A definition of a hole in one.........

A shot that enters the hole from the tee with no intervening shots.

This is what he did

That's what I thought. I never even thought of the "one ", in hole in one referred to the scorecard. I always thought it referred to a tee shot that that went into the cup.....in one shot ...."hole in one". So my 20 shots into the scrub then a "hole in one would score a 41, INCLUDING a hole in one. That's all I thought.

Taking the above advice may lead to destruction of your golf game. Laughing at it may reduce stress.

Give it the rest of the night then close it, he deserves to take some lumps for trolling.

Originally Posted by iacas

It's not a hole in one.

I'm tempted to close the thread because it's not going to go well for you from here on out.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by Jhwarren

Maybe this is the secret behind of these different alternatives to the golf swing that you are always supporting.

The game becomes a lot easier if you can make a 3, but write down a 1 on the scorecard.

No, if I was scoring, it'd be a 3, including a hole in one

Not a hole in one, it was your 2nd swing on the hole.

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 4109 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!