IGNORED

PGA Tour Pro Swings Thread: 2013 Northern Trust Open

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4044 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

For pics of the players and the course make sure to check out this thread 2013 Northern Trust Open

• Upvote 3

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

There's a Kevin Stadler posterior joke there, somewhere.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Nice Mike. Love the John Rollins 3/4 view. That guy drives it great .

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Thanks Mike!  Love Ishikawa's form.  Perfect.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

My lesson is your lesson This is a good drill to do for a few reasons but you don't really need a big towel lol  For O'Hair I think it's good because it helps him keep the head more steady.  He tends to translate a little on the back swing and gets his alignments rotated too far to the right.  So the towel helps him "stretch" more on the back swing in order to load his arms up and back.  Notice how the entire right arm isn't pinned to his side, just in the upper/arm pit area.

This drill prob works for Vijay because it helps his swings feel more "around" on the downswing/followthrough and keep the upper right arm on the body.  Vijay can get the right arm disconnected too soon, elbow too far behind him.  Vijay also tends to play a cut or at least that was 95% of the shots I was seeing him hit during two range sessions.

Mike McLoughlin

Originally Posted by mvmac

My lesson is your lesson    This is a good drill to do for a few reasons but you don't really need a big towel lol  For O'Hair I think it's good because it helps him keep the head more steady.  He tends to translate a little on the back swing and gets his alignments rotated too far to the right.  So the towel helps him "stretch" more on the back swing in order to load his arms up and back.  Notice how the entire right arm isn't pinned to his side, just in the upper/arm pit area.

This drill prob works for Vijay because it helps his swings feel more "around" on the downswing/followthrough and keep the upper right arm on the body.  Vijay can get the right arm disconnected too soon, elbow too far behind him.  Vijay also tends to play a cut or at least that was 95% of the shots I was seeing him hit during two range sessions.

Thanks for the clips! Is that Mike Bennett stepping into the left around the 35 sec mark?

Brands I use:

:tmade::cobra: :titleist: 

Looked like him. Must be there with his one remaining tour student the winless charlie wi who putts and chips like a magician. [quote name="scopek" url="/t/64790/pga-tour-pro-swings-thread-2013-northern-trust-open#post_809141"]Thanks for the clips! Is that Mike Bennett stepping into the left around the 35 sec mark? [/quote]

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Meow.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Originally Posted by vanpooten

Awesome stuff, can we expect more of this from future tournaments? It would be awesome if you could get footage of them swinging during practice rounds.

Thanks, yes will be doing a few more of these in the future.  Did you see the coverage from the US Open and Vegas?

http://thesandtrap.com/t/58926/2012-us-open-pictures-holes-range-swings

http://thesandtrap.com/t/58942/2012-us-open-olympic-club-video-blog-and-players-swing-thread

http://thesandtrap.com/t/62479/2012-justin-timerlake-shriners-open-discussion-thread

http://thesandtrap.com/t/62501/inside-the-ropes-pics-and-video-from-the-justin-timberlake-shriners-open

Mike McLoughlin

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted by JohnC

I think the best swing is Ryo Ishikawa. It looks like all the check points are perfect AND it is smooth as silk.

Yeah it's pretty good.  Couple others good ones if we're looking at solid alignments are Noh and Oberholser.  Obviously they are all good swings ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Note: This thread is 4044 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!