• Announcements

    • iacas

      Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

      No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:
Sign in to follow this  
mvmac

PGA Tour Pro Swings Thread: 2013 Northern Trust Open

Recommended Posts

Sign up (or log in) today! It's free (and you won't see this ad anymore)!

Sign up (or log in) today! It's free (and you won't see this ad anymore)!

Stretch    392

Nice Mike. Love the John Rollins 3/4 view. That guy drives it great .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

mvmac    1,759

My lesson is your lesson This is a good drill to do for a few reasons but you don't really need a big towel lol  For O'Hair I think it's good because it helps him keep the head more steady.  He tends to translate a little on the back swing and gets his alignments rotated too far to the right.  So the towel helps him "stretch" more on the back swing in order to load his arms up and back.  Notice how the entire right arm isn't pinned to his side, just in the upper/arm pit area.

This drill prob works for Vijay because it helps his swings feel more "around" on the downswing/followthrough and keep the upper right arm on the body.  Vijay can get the right arm disconnected too soon, elbow too far behind him.  Vijay also tends to play a cut or at least that was 95% of the shots I was seeing him hit during two range sessions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

scopek    2
Originally Posted by mvmac

My lesson is your lesson    This is a good drill to do for a few reasons but you don't really need a big towel lol  For O'Hair I think it's good because it helps him keep the head more steady.  He tends to translate a little on the back swing and gets his alignments rotated too far to the right.  So the towel helps him "stretch" more on the back swing in order to load his arms up and back.  Notice how the entire right arm isn't pinned to his side, just in the upper/arm pit area.

This drill prob works for Vijay because it helps his swings feel more "around" on the downswing/followthrough and keep the upper right arm on the body.  Vijay can get the right arm disconnected too soon, elbow too far behind him.  Vijay also tends to play a cut or at least that was 95% of the shots I was seeing him hit during two range sessions.

Thanks for the clips! Is that Mike Bennett stepping into the left around the 35 sec mark?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Phil McGleno    282
Looked like him. Must be there with his one remaining tour student the winless charlie wi who putts and chips like a magician. [quote name="scopek" url="/t/64790/pga-tour-pro-swings-thread-2013-northern-trust-open#post_809141"]Thanks for the clips! Is that Mike Bennett stepping into the left around the 35 sec mark? [/quote]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

vanpooten    3

Awesome stuff, can we expect more of this from future tournaments? It would be awesome if you could get footage of them swinging during practice rounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mvmac    1,759
Originally Posted by vanpooten

Awesome stuff, can we expect more of this from future tournaments? It would be awesome if you could get footage of them swinging during practice rounds.

Thanks, yes will be doing a few more of these in the future.  Did you see the coverage from the US Open and Vegas?

http://thesandtrap.com/t/58926/2012-us-open-pictures-holes-range-swings

http://thesandtrap.com/t/58942/2012-us-open-olympic-club-video-blog-and-players-swing-thread

http://thesandtrap.com/t/62479/2012-justin-timerlake-shriners-open-discussion-thread

http://thesandtrap.com/t/62501/inside-the-ropes-pics-and-video-from-the-justin-timberlake-shriners-open

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

JohnC    0

I think the best swing is Ryo Ishikawa. It looks like all the check points are perfect AND it is smooth as silk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mvmac    1,759
Originally Posted by JohnC

I think the best swing is Ryo Ishikawa. It looks like all the check points are perfect AND it is smooth as silk.

Yeah it's pretty good.  Couple others good ones if we're looking at solid alignments are Noh and Oberholser.  Obviously they are all good swings ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this