IGNORED

My Swing (cipher)

cipher
Note: This thread is 973 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Very nice swing still!!  You must give the guys from Evolvr a run for their money in finding your priority piece :)

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Very nice swing still!!  You must give the guys from Evolvr a run for their money in finding your priority piece :)

Maybe once I improve my back swing for the key#4 stuff related to my swing path/exit it will be harder.  Until then I think it is pretty easy for Brian to figure out what I need to do.  Also I am still continuing to work on the key #3 stuff I did in Erie last fall.  I have not got that where we would like, and it is pretty easy to see as well.  I am hoping we will clean it up pretty well by the end of the season and next year will be more about evolvr monitoring my swing about once a month to make sure there is not regression, and tweaking little things here and there.

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

• Administrator

I tried the 240 setting on my camera and I think it is a bit too blurry.  I will go back to the 120 setting from now on.

It wouldn't be so bad if you took up more than 1/3 of the frame. :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

It wouldn't be so bad if you took up more than 1/3 of the frame. :)

Ha! Yeah good point. I'll move it closer next time. I just don't like when the DTL gets distorted if you are too close. But I am probably about a mile away from that happening.

Nate

Played a practice round this morning. I will eventually do a Vlog of this nine in which I will probaby lose my mind. I hate this nine so much. One of the reasons why:

Nate

Played a practice round this morning. I will eventually do a Vlog of this nine in which I will probaby lose my mind. I hate this nine so much. One of the reasons why:

Don't go towards the light!!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Don't go towards the light!!!

You have to go towards the light, I however always lose my soul into the darkness. :scared:

Nate

LOL.  You probably wouldn't hate it as much at noon I imagine?  ;)

Off topic:  I am excited about doing a vlog as well, just trying to figure out the logistics of when and where.  I don't think anybody is terribly interested to see me and @jefkve playing our junky par 3 course, so I'm thinking about dragging myself out to the course I practice at one of these mornings for an early back nine.  So, because I'm thinking about it .. what happened this morning after the wife left for work and I fell back asleep??  I had a dream nightmare about it.  It went a little something like this:

It started as I got to the tee of number 10, and I decided to play the tips.  For whatever reason, even though this was 6am and they still charge $45, there was a foursome in the fairway.  I decided to use a weird space age club that is cylindrical (that I do not own and probably doesn't exist) and I guess resembles a fairway wood (more like a croquet mallet).  Before my first shot, another foursome rolls up behind me.  I top my drive about 50 feet.  Now I walk back to the cart (which takes forever!) to switch to a regular 3 wood, which I hook 50 yards right and 50 feet downhill to a bunker (that doesn't actually exist) that is being raked by a maintenance worker.  He "politely" grabs my ball and throws it up the hill into my fairway so I don't have to figure out how to get down there.  And thankfully, before I have to make any more decisions, the kids wake me up.

Not as excited for a vlog now as I was yesterday. ;-)

LOL.  You probably wouldn't hate it as much at noon I imagine?  ;)

Off topic:  I am excited about doing a vlog as well, just trying to figure out the logistics of when and where.  I don't think anybody is terribly interested to see me and @jefkve playing our junky par 3 course, so I'm thinking about dragging myself out to the course I practice at one of these mornings for an early back nine.  So, because I'm thinking about it .. what happened this morning after the wife left for work and I fell back asleep??  I had a dream nightmare about it.  It went a little something like this:

It started as I got to the tee of number 10, and I decided to play the tips.  For whatever reason, even though this was 6am and they still charge $45, there was a foursome in the fairway.  I decided to use a weird space age club that is cylindrical (that I do not own and probably doesn't exist) and I guess resembles a fairway wood (more like a croquet mallet).  Before my first shot, another foursome rolls up behind me.  I top my drive about 50 feet.  Now I walk back to the cart (which takes forever!) to switch to a regular 3 wood, which I hook 50 yards right and 50 feet downhill to a bunker (that doesn't actually exist) that is being raked by a maintenance worker.  He "politely" grabs my ball and throws it up the hill into my fairway so I don't have to figure out how to get down there.  And thankfully, before I have to make any more decisions, the kids wake me up.

Not as excited for a vlog now as I was yesterday.

Well at least you don't shank it in the nightmare.  So you got that goin' for you...which is nice.  Sounds a bit like my course vlog on the "nightmare nine" I practiced on this morning might go though. I have been thinking about doing that one in "character"... ;-) I am sure you will have a blast with it when you do it!   They are fun.

Nate

LOL.  You probably wouldn't hate it as much at noon I imagine?  ;) [rule]Off topic:  I am excited about doing a vlog as well, just trying to figure out the logistics of when and where.  I don't think anybody is terribly interested to see me and @jefkve playing our junky par 3 course, so I'm thinking about dragging myself out to the course I practice at one of these mornings for an early back nine.

That's why I went to a junky 9-hole course at 7AM. No one around at all except me and Heisenberg. I suppose I looked a little goofy carrying around my camera on a tripod, but it's not like the mowers were grading me on my coolness. B-)

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I have a new priority piece and I am very, very excited about this one.

Nate

I have a new priority piece and I am very, very excited about this one.

Well don't leave us hanging. What is it?

Backswing, I will get into it more later.  It is now that we have improved some other things, the big glaring problem in my swing that I have been thinking needs to be addressed.

Nate

Something like this.  I have not really found the "feel" for it, and probably wont for a while. It is also probably exaggerated and not correct.  But...more "UP" less "IN" starting that backswing.  when I get this it will be big because I should not have the tendency to have my arms fly off my body so much in the downswing, leading to path/face and shanking issues.

VVS here on purpose BTW.

Here is a comparison:

Nate

Something like this.  I have not really found the "feel" for it, and probably wont for a while. It is also probably exaggerated and not correct.  But...more "UP" less "IN" starting that backswing.  when I get this it will be big because I should not have the tendency to have my arms fly off my body so much in the downswing, leading to path/face and shanking issues.

VVS here on purpose BTW.

Here is a comparison:

Sooo ... more Rickie Fowler then?? :-P

Sooo ... more Rickie Fowler then??

Yeah, I think that is what I was feeling here.  I am not sure that ultimately it will be this, but I think it is heading in the right direction.  It feels like I have no idea where the club is at the top.  It will be hard to find the ball at first.  I have tried this before but struggled with it.  I have to completely commit to it this time. My sores are going to suck for a while.

Nate

This has been a huge part of my swing changes.  Feel for me is probably different than for you cause I was sucking the right elbow back way more than you and crossing the line at the top as well.  But thought I'd share what I've been doing in case you can use part of it.

For the A2/A3 positions, a lot of that was just drilling the heck out of dry swings.  Doing a bunch with pauses at A2 and A3, then a couple all the way through to try to feel which of the moving parts encouraged me not to get to those, back and forth.  For me it's been a combo of up along with out that's helped me.  I had my hands inside at A2 (as do you, though mine were much worse), and getting them to a good position at A2 and A3 felt for a while like they were way out in front of me.  If you have trouble in real swings with just the up feel you might try that.

The up feel did help me with the wrists/hands.  If I kept my hands out but still rolled my wrists like I was before to get the club way under plane at A2, the club would still get under plane but with my hands out in a good position everything was weird and out of whack.  In your last dry video it doesn't look like you'll have this problem, but I'd get my club head way too flat at A3 (instead of pointing at or inside the ball there), and the up feel with the hands helped get over that.  I still have to drill dry swings stopping at A3 with the club pointing super vertical, near my toes, to keep it so my club head isn't too flat at A3 in real swings.

Got a few other feels that have helped me for stuff related to these fixes past A3, but you haven't talked about that yet and I don't know if we'll share any issues there, so I'll leave it there.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

This has been a huge part of my swing changes.  Feel for me is probably different than for you cause I was sucking the right elbow back way more than you and crossing the line at the top as well.  But thought I'd share what I've been doing in case you can use part of it.

For the A2/A3 positions, a lot of that was just drilling the heck out of dry swings.  Doing a bunch with pauses at A2 and A3, then a couple all the way through to try to feel which of the moving parts encouraged me not to get to those, back and forth.  For me it's been a combo of up along with out that's helped me.  I had my hands inside at A2 (as do you, though mine were much worse), and getting them to a good position at A2 and A3 felt for a while like they were way out in front of me.  If you have trouble in real swings with just the up feel you might try that.

The up feel did help me with the wrists/hands.  If I kept my hands out but still rolled my wrists like I was before to get the club way under plane at A2, the club would still get under plane but with my hands out in a good position everything was weird and out of whack.  In your last dry video it doesn't look like you'll have this problem, but I'd get my club head way too flat at A3 (instead of pointing at or inside the ball there), and the up feel with the hands helped get over that.  I still have to drill dry swings stopping at A3 with the club pointing super vertical, near my toes, to keep it so my club head isn't too flat at A3 in real swings.

Got a few other feels that have helped me for stuff related to these fixes past A3, but you haven't talked about that yet and I don't know if we'll share any issues there, so I'll leave it there.

Thanks for sharing this.  I appreciate it.  Yeah the "out" feeling feels really weird right now.  I was not sure if I should be feeling that, so I am glad you mentioned it.  Past A3 I think I will still fight a tendency to get too deep with the hands/club, but hopefully all this will help make it less severe.  I have noticed as well that I can go out and up but still lay the club down too flat, so I have to keep an eye on that.  I will be working on it a lot into A2 and A3 to really work in the feel for this.  Thanks!

Nate

Note: This thread is 973 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!