IGNORED

more than 14 clubs

wedgeman
Note: This thread is 4060 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I did tee off one day with 15 because I was down on the range with a number of wedges, trying to figure out which ones I was going to use that day (I have about 7-8 wedges). It was just a friendly match and I noticed it before I got to the first green. I just declared I wasn't using my 54 that day (which was the decision I had made on the range). I wasn't going to take it out of the bag and leave it out there.

casual round i dont think anyone would care. i wouldnt care if you brought 20 clubs as long as we werent playing for anything and you didnt slow me down.

I would say, "I am shocked, shocked that you .... Joe ..... are using 15 clubs.  How could you do that, knowing as you do that our group always adheres to every rule of golf, to the very letter.  Shame on you Joe.".   Remind you of a good ad on the TV at the moment (at the airport, clubs thrown into water feature)?

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

I am willing to bet a buck or two that pros play practice rounds on Mondays with more than fourteen clubs in their bags.

In my  bag:

Driver, Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 9.5 stiff

3, 5 woods: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15,18 degrees Stiff

2 hybrid: Callaway Diable Edge Tour 18 degrees R (out when the 5 wood is in)

3,6 hybrids: Callaway Diablo Edge 21 S and 30 degrees R

4,5 hybrids: Callaway Razr X HL 24 and 27 degrees Stiff

7-AW irons: Callaway Razr HL graphite R shafts 

SW 54 Callaway X Series Jaws CC Slate Fujikura Graphite Stiff

Putter: Odessey White Ice 1 Blade Putter. 

Ball...looking for any ball that hates water, sand, long grass, and getting lost in the woods. 

I can't find any, so forced to use ones that seem to love all the above. 

I am willing to bet a buck or two that pros play practice rounds on Mondays with more than fourteen clubs in their bags.

That's practice before a tournament. It has NOTHING to do with an actual, competitive round of golf. Don't confuse the two....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Derrick Parker

And I'm willing to bet they aren't posing that score for handicap.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Originally Posted by turtleback

And I'm willing to bet they aren't posing that score for handicap.

Do PGA players post scores for handicap purposes?

Bill M

Originally Posted by phan52

Yes.

Starting next year they will be playing the Firestone WGC event as a Net event to make it a little bit more of an even playing field.  They're tired of Tiger winning it every year.

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Quote:

Yes.

Starting next year they will be playing the Firestone WGC event as a Net event to make it a little bit more of an even playing field.  They're tired of Tiger winning it every year.

Yeah... Tiger has to give 2 strokes per round to the field.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Originally Posted by Fourputt

Yeah... Tiger has to give 2 strokes per round to the field.

Well as of right now, sure.  But he's a cheater, so he'll probably try and discreetly sandbag during a few insignificant tournaments in the days leading up so he can pad that handicap. ;)

Well as of right now, sure.  But he's a cheater, so he'll probably try and discreetly sandbag during a few insignificant tournaments in the days leading up so he can pad that handicap. ;)

Is that what he was doing yesterday?  Saw he had a decent lead and decided to bogey 16 & 18

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Is that what he was doing yesterday?  Saw he had a decent lead and decided to bogey 16 & 18

Good point!  He also did it at Torrey on the last few holes as well.

Yes.

I was taking a lesson recently and I asked my Pro what his handicap was. He said he really didn't have one, as he never plays in net events.

But I know he will play for money in friendly matches at our club, playing at scratch. He does the same thing on golf trips (the dude is wired at some great clubs). Maybe he is snookering us.

Bill M

Quote:

Yes.

I was taking a lesson recently and I asked my Pro what his handicap was. He said he really didn't have one, as he never plays in net events.

But I know he will play for money in friendly matches at our club, playing at scratch. He does the same thing on golf trips (the dude is wired at some great clubs). Maybe he is snookering us.

The only downside to that is if he is actually better than scratch.  Then any handicap player in the game probably isn't getting all of the strokes he has coming.

Rick

In the UK the pro usually plays off scratch.

A lot of clubs will have a Captain & Pro challenge - you play them 4 ball better ball - matchplay - 3/4 difference off of the pro. The Captain usually puts up a prize for the pair that beat them by the most during his year in office.

Me and a mate won this a couple of years ago - supposed to be a 4 ball round Sunningdale - the Captain welshed on it.

Originally Posted by Wansteadimp

In the UK the pro usually plays off scratch.

A lot of clubs will have a Captain & Pro challenge - you play them 4 ball better ball - matchplay - 3/4 difference off of the pro. The Captain usually puts up a prize for the pair that beat them by the most during his year in office.

Me and a mate won this a couple of years ago - supposed to be a 4 ball round Sunningdale - the Captain welshed on it.

This is true in the US too.  They may carry a calculated handicap for wagering purposes but would not normally use it unless there was a really significant spread, like my home course head pro (who I actually beat one time heads up ) playing against Tiger in a casual match or something like that.

Rick

Note: This thread is 4060 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!