IGNORED

The 2013 Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by MasterCard

Rick Martin
Note: This thread is 4057 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Can't believe Fowler blew his chance with the water ballS.  The pressure a professional must feel.  And then to flub a sw! I'm not in the Tiger camp.  I respect his play, but don't like the man.  Unfortunately, he appears to be in control of his swing right now and that doesn't bode well for the rest of the tour. I guess we are back to Tiger vs. "the field".

Driver :tmade: R1

Fairwaywood :tmade: Rocketballz Stage 2 15*

Hybrids :ping: i15 20* and 23* Hybrids

Irons :mizuno: MP64 4 - PW

Wedges :edel: 54* and 58* 

Putter :edel: 

Golf Ball :titleist: Pro V1 

Even though I felt bad for Ricky, did anybody else get a slight kick out of him calling for another ball before his 2nd one even landed in the water...a la Tin Cup?

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Even though I felt bad for Ricky, did anybody else get a slight kick out of him calling for another ball before his 2nd one even landed in the water...a la Tin Cup?

LOL!  Noticed the exact same thing.  You know it as soon as you hit it - CHUNK!

Driver :tmade: R1

Fairwaywood :tmade: Rocketballz Stage 2 15*

Hybrids :ping: i15 20* and 23* Hybrids

Irons :mizuno: MP64 4 - PW

Wedges :edel: 54* and 58* 

Putter :edel: 

Golf Ball :titleist: Pro V1 

Can't wait to watch it.  Stupid work keeps getting in the way.

Good to see that Rose was able to bounce back up the board after starting so strong and then losing so much in the third round, tough tourny for him.

Bill - 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

How about Tiger saying "Goddammit" and "****" (once each) when he hit his tee shot right on some hole, and Johnny and Dan talking for two minutes about how he said he'd change, it's "salty" language, etc.

I'm still of the opinion that I couldn't care less about Tiger swearing. It's better than him being a robot and quite honestly it shows he cares. Could he show he cares without cursing? I suppose, but in a moment of frustration and anger, "****" goes a lot farther than "golly gee."

And I think they're two sides of the same coin: you don't get the celebrations and fist pumps you like without the reactions on the "negative" side. He's emotional - and again, that beats being a robot as far as I'm concerned.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I think it's funny that the announcers are so scared of an uptight response that they feel the need to apologize to the viewing public for verbalizations of people that don't work for the network in the first place.  Golf Channel might just need to be a bit more diligent on the 'buzzer/delay' device - and the announcers would likely garner a better response, then, by showing humor instead of whatever it is I've seen them doing

players are real people, they'll show frustration, ....... just like humans -

maybe the network needs to reassess their audience, they just might be catering to an outdated demographic and golf fans are a bit more diverse than the current preconceptions

Bill - 

How about Tiger saying "Goddammit" and "****" (once each) when he hit his tee shot right on some hole, and Johnny and Dan talking for two minutes about how he said he'd change, it's "salty" language, etc. I'm still of the opinion that I couldn't care less about Tiger swearing. It's better than him being a robot and quite honestly it shows he cares. Could he show he cares without cursing? I suppose, but in a moment of frustration and anger, "****" goes a lot farther than "golly gee." And I think they're two sides of the same coin: you don't get the celebrations and fist pumps you like without the reactions on the "negative" side. He's emotional - and again, that beats being a robot as far as I'm concerned.

It's a good thing that those "One Trillion Parents Against Swearing" or whatever groups who got all in a tizzy about Joe Flacco dropping an f-bomb while celebrating after the Super Bowl don't watch golf at noon on a Monday. And, frankly, I don't think something like swearing after a bad shot is particularly easy to change or stop doing, nor should anyone take it as indicative at all about someone's personality.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

All I can say is I've heard and said all that and worse in my time, daily would be more like it. I've never understood why the media and LCD feel celebs should be held to a different standard. Being on the other side of a camera doesn't change anything. Too many busy bodies out there if you ask me. The same people tsk-tsking are probably going to watch a seedy TV show later.

Dave :-)

Originally Posted by iacas

How about Tiger saying "Goddammit" and "****" (once each) when he hit his tee shot right on some hole, and Johnny and Dan talking for two minutes about how he said he'd change, it's "salty" language, etc.

I'm still of the opinion that I couldn't care less about Tiger swearing. It's better than him being a robot and quite honestly it shows he cares. Could he show he cares without cursing? I suppose, but in a moment of frustration and anger, "****" goes a lot farther than "golly gee."

And I think they're two sides of the same coin: you don't get the celebrations and fist pumps you like without the reactions on the "negative" side. He's emotional - and again, that beats being a robot as far as I'm concerned.

I "cared" a whole lot that day when we played at Crag Burn then.  Especially after hitting that huge bomb to the right on 18 when I looked at Dave and said, "Well, you're the ****ing pro... tell me what to do to fix it!!!!

• Upvote 1

fantastic win by a true athlete who shows some emotion. Turns out he is human after all. I really enjoyed watching him and see him smile when he reached the 18th hole.

Originally Posted by amac

LOL!  Noticed the exact same thing.  You know it as soon as you hit it - CHUNK!

They showed a slo mo video of his 1st water ball and it looked like he didnt chunk it IMO.Johnny miller

agreed that he did but it didnt look like it to me.Maybe it was the wrong club or the wind?I guess the pros chunk shot looks different than when I do it.

They showed a slo mo video of his 1st water ball and it looked like he didnt chunk it IMO.The announcer agreed that he did but it didnt look like it to me.Maybe it was the wrong club or the wind?I guess the pros chunk shot looks different than when I do it.

I noticed the same thing. It was an 80-yard shot, though, and he missed by what looked like 10 or more yards. It's not like he's got a club that only goes 65, and what little wind there was wouldn't do that much. I think it was a combination of poor contact and just not enough speed on the swing to begin with. EDIT: Sorry, I was referring to the second ball in the water.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by Blitz28179

They showed a slo mo video of his 1st water ball and it looked like he didnt chunk it IMO.Johnny miller

agreed that he did but it didnt look like it to me.Maybe it was the wrong club or the wind?I guess the pros chunk shot looks different than when I do it.

I think we're referring to the 2nd water ball as the chunk.  No idea what Johnny Miller was talking about, though, as I was watching the Live@ online coverage.  I didn't get to see Fowler's approach 'cause my boss walked in my office just as he was hitting.

The funny thing is, if he wins The Masters, the Player of the Year award may have been locked up by April 14th.  Ha.

Another funny thing is hes only hitting 50% of fairways.Thats probaly not ranked in the top 50 for the tourney.When he gets up to 65-70% he will be winning by 5-8 shots every tourney he plays in!

Originally Posted by Blitz28179

Another funny thing is hes only hitting 50% of fairways.Thats probaly not ranked in the top 50 for the tourney.When he gets up to 65-70% he will be winning by 5-8 shots every tourney he plays in!

Before today's round started he was last in the field in driving accuracy among people who made the cut.

Before today's round started he was last in the field in driving accuracy among people who made the cut.

yeah, thats not good.  its really bad when hes hitting 5 and 3 woods 15 yards into the rough...he needs to fix that ish...

Colin P.

Originally Posted by colin007

yeah, thats not good.  its really bad when hes hitting 5 and 3 woods 15 yards into the rough...he needs to fix that ish...

I still believe it won't be a huge factor at the Masters.  US Open?  Different story.

Perfect day for me: got in 18 holes out on my home course (shot 84, not bad since I haven't played/practiced for a couple of weeks and it was windy as hell).  Then watched round 4 on the HDTV DVR (stayed away from this message board and any internet until I saw the last putt drop).

Sorry to see Fowler mess things up on 16.  Good effort but he's got a ways to go. Good to see Justin Rose make a mini-comeback after the third round.  He's got to fix that putting stroke.

Looking forward to Augusta National in a few weeks. Wish I could be there in person.

Note: This thread is 4057 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!