IGNORED

My Scotty Cameron H-12 Jetsetter has arrived!

Note: This thread is 4048 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ever since these came out a few months ago, I loved the way they looked.  In person, it's even better.  I splurged and purchased one brand new on Ebay.  Yes it was the most expensive putter that I have ever purchased.  Some of my friends think I'm nuts. Maybe their right, but it is without a doubt the nicest putter I have ever seen/used.  The craftsmanship is incredible.  It has so many little things that just makes it amazing to me, like the aircraft aluminum shaft ring, the black smoked-out shaft, the lime green pittards leather grip, the sight line (Golo's do not have this as a stock option).

It putts very well too.  I as a bit leary of it because it has a plumbers neck and I prefer no plumbers neck usually because it means that the face of the putter is more balanced.  Despite having a plumbers neck the face is still very well balanced.  I had a regular Golo before and I know that the Jetsetter is basically a Golo but there seems to be a difference in feel in that the Jetsetter feels better.  The Golo felt good too and I'm not sure if my mind is playing tricks on me or not but it seems as though the Jetsetter is softer.

Was it worth almost a grand?  I can't answer that because that answer depends on the person.  I'm sure many out there think it's crazy to spend that much and then there are those like me that do.  At least the good think about this putter is that if I decide to sell it in the future, I should not lose any money and should make money.  That's not why I bought it though, but it is reassuring to know that one can get all their money back if they decide to sell in the future even if they decide to game it for a while (and hell yes I plan on gaming this bad boy!).

They say that people that dress up in a suit and tie to work every day usually feel better than those that can wear jeans and a t-shirt to work.  While I'm sure I will not make every single putt I try with this putter, at least I will know standing over the ball that I have the highest quality and best looking putter I've ever seen with me about to putt the ball.  Maybe it will make a difference or maybe I'm just and idiot......

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by bjwestner

I splurged and purchased one brand new on Ebay.

Some of my friends think I'm nuts.

I wouldn't call you nuts for buying the putter - to each his own (and it does look really nice) - but I might call you nuts for buying it on ebay.

That place scares me after some of the counterfeit club horror stories I've seen on here.

Hope you make a lot of putts with it!

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

I wouldn't call you nuts for buying the putter - to each his own (and it does look really nice) - but I might call you nuts for buying it on ebay.

That place scares me after some of the counterfeit club horror stories I've seen on here.

Hope you make a lot of putts with it!

I was also scared too when I first went on.  I do a lot of research and if there is any question about it then I pass.  If you know what to look for on a club then you can usually tell if it's legit or not.  I've purchased about 10 different putters on Ebay and many of them Camerons.  I have never had an issue yet, but I am also very careful and examine everything closely before making a purchase.

I was also scared too when I first went on.  I do a lot of research and if there is any question about it then I pass.  If you know what to look for on a club then you can usually tell if it's legit or not.  I've purchased about 10 different putters on Ebay and many of them Camerons.  I have never had an issue yet, but I am also very careful and examine everything closely before making a purchase.

What do you look for exactly?

I just purchased 3 Fujikura Rombax Type-X Shafts for basically $160 each. That's almost half off. I know they are being phased out, but it's still a huge discount. It turned out to be a Golf Pro Shop in South Carolina which is an authorized dealer. So that put my mind more at ease. I'd flip if those were fake though.

But on the putters what do you look for or on anything in general? I'm very curious.

D:      Titleist 913 D2 (10.5, Stiff, Diamana D+ 62 / Tipped 1/2 inch)

F:      TaylorMade RBZ (15.0, 43 inches & 19.0, 42 inches, Fujikura Rombax Type-X, 75S)

H:      Adams A12 (21 degree, 40 inches, Diamana HY92, Stiff)

I:        Mizuno JPX 800 Pro 5-PW (KBS Tour, X-Flex, Soft Stepped 1x)

GW:   Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 50 (KBS Tour, X-Flex, non-conforming)

SW    Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 56 (bent one degree strong, KBS Tour, Stiff, non-conforming)

LW:    Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 60 (non-conforming, stock shaft)

P1:     Scotty Cameron California Coranado

Having owned several Camerons, even before he went to Titleist - I just can't think of spending $1k on something that takes 30 strokes per round without a custom fit. My $$$ would have gone to an Edel VariLoft where everything is custom. But they are your dollars. It is an attractive putter. I'm just not inspired by Cameron any longer.

Good luck with it!

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Beautiful putter!

Might be worth it to have it certified......

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

If you are looking at Camerons, just ask the seller for the serial #. Call Scotty and check it. They will tell you if it its real or fake. Then make sure you pay through Paypal or similar service.

Happy Gilmore was a Hack!

Your confidence with the club is most important. Price is totally subjective, and of course also based on one's discretionary income. Would I spend that much on a putter? No, but I think it's perfectly fine if someone else wants to. Enjoy the club, and as you said, if the honeymoon phase ever ends, you can likely get you money back (possibly more) if you sell it.

Originally Posted by antnee94

What do you look for exactly?

I just purchased 3 Fujikura Rombax Type-X Shafts for basically $160 each. That's almost half off. I know they are being phased out, but it's still a huge discount. It turned out to be a Golf Pro Shop in South Carolina which is an authorized dealer. So that put my mind more at ease. I'd flip if those were fake though.

But on the putters what do you look for or on anything in general? I'm very curious.

It depends on the putter.  In this case, there was a photo of the serial number on the putter as well as a tag that was sold with this putter with numbers on it that I could verify as being legit.  If you are looking at a regular SC though, there are many things to look for.  If there is any question at all then I ask for a picture of the id number and you can then verify it with Titleist.  I've also study fakes and then compare to legit SC's.  Thus there is no one magical thing to check for but there are lots of them.  Also, I only buy from reputable sellers with high satisfaction rates.  Ebay and Paypal also offer guarantees that they are authentic, I hope never to have to use that option but it is good to know that it is there if need be.  So far so good as I have not had an issue yet.  Everyone I have dealt with and purchased from and those that have purchased from me have been great.  If you have questions then ask the seller, if there is nothing to hide then there is no reason not to supply you with the information you are requesting.....that's how I look at it.

Originally Posted by David in FL

Beautiful putter!

Might be worth it to have it certified......

It already kind of is.  It comes with a tag with identifying numbers that Titleist has verified.  It's not a COA, but it's the next best thing.  I could get a COA but that requires sending it out for weeks and paying $$ when I already know and have confirmed that it's legit.

Originally Posted by ilikefishes

If you are looking at Camerons, just ask the seller for the serial #. Call Scotty and check it. They will tell you if it its real or fake. Then make sure you pay through Paypal or similar service.

Bingo.....

wow!  I thought you said you finally found the one?  On your thread that listed the 75 different scotty camerons you purchased this year?  lol.  I hope you like this one!

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Originally Posted by dsc123

wow!  I thought you said you finally found the one?  On your thread that listed the 75 different scotty camerons you purchased this year?  lol.  I hope you like this one!

I'm quickly turning into a collector.  I buy a lot of putters and then I'm selling many of them on Ebay as well.  I'm definitely not making money but it helps offset what I pay for them.

I'm having lots of fun doing it and while people may think I'm nuts, I am getting to try basically any putter I want.  If I do not like it then I just sell it on Ebay to someone else that wants it.  I've realized that I'm going to have 5 or 6 putters at any one time as I continue to buy the ones I like and then sell the ones that are not for me.

By the way, the Jetsetter is a great putter.  I gamed it for the first time on Sunday.  I had 33 putts and made some "bombs" so it worked out well.  One guy at my country club recognized what it was as I was warming up on the practice green before the round.  He came up to me and was shocked to see it as he had only seen them online.  He could not believe that I was actually using it to roll putts and was going to use it in the round.  The performance of the putter definitely backed up it's looks.

As stupid as this sounds, I actually also purchased another California Fastback.  I had one previously, in fact, it was the first SC I ever bought.  I realized that it was a much better putter and was stupid for getting rid of it several months ago.  So I bought another one.  I used the new one on Saturday and moving forward it's definitely going to be a putter I use a lot.  I had it "custom" made from custom shop 911 on ebay.  Thus it's a brand new Cali Fastback but I had special coloring (yellow which is my fav color) installed instead of red dots and also on the lettering along with custom stamping.

Originally Posted by bjwestner

I'm quickly turning into a collector.  I buy a lot of putters and then I'm selling many of them on Ebay as well.  I'm definitely not making money but it helps offset what I pay for them.

I'm having lots of fun doing it and while people may think I'm nuts, I am getting to try basically any putter I want.  If I do not like it then I just sell it on Ebay to someone else that wants it.  I've realized that I'm going to have 5 or 6 putters at any one time as I continue to buy the ones I like and then sell the ones that are not for me.

Hey, i'm not judging.  Personally, I want one putter and don't want to ever think about cheating on it.  But there's nothing wrong with feeling differently.  I enjoy reading about your putter ho'ing!

By the way, the Jetsetter is a great putter.  I gamed it for the first time on Sunday.  I had 33 putts and made some "bombs" so it worked out well.  One guy at my country club recognized what it was as I was warming up on the practice green before the round.  He came up to me and was shocked to see it as he had only seen them online.  He could not believe that I was actually using it to roll putts and was going to use it in the round.  The performance of the putter definitely backed up it's looks.

As stupid as this sounds, I actually also purchased another California Fastback.  I had one previously, in fact, it was the first SC I ever bought.  I realized that it was a much better putter and was stupid for getting rid of it several months ago.  So I bought another one.  I used the new one on Saturday and moving forward it's definitely going to be a putter I use a lot.  I had it "custom" made from custom shop 911 on ebay.  Thus it's a brand new Cali Fastback but I had special coloring (yellow which is my fav color) installed instead of red dots and also on the lettering along with custom stamping.

lol

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Looks great ! I'm personally not a huge fan of green, much more a blue and red guy but still great putter.

Titleist 913D2 9.5 (UST VTS 65)

Titleist 913F 15 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 913H 19 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 714 AP2 (4-PW) (DG XP-95)

Titleist Vokey SM5 (52,56,58) (DG XP-95)

Ping Anser 2 Classic

Note: This thread is 4048 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!