• Announcements

    • iacas

      Visit FlagstickRule.com   03/13/2017

      Visit the site flagstickrule.com to read about and sign a petition for the USGA/R&A regarding the one terrible rule in the proposed "modernized" rules for 2019.
    • iacas

      Win a Cart with Sun Mountain and TST!   06/02/2017

      You can win a Speed Cart GT or a Micro Cart GT from Sun Mountain!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jakester23

What computer program do you use to draw lines on a video of your swing (Mac)?

16 posts in this topic

I recorded my swing and am making some changes and was wondering what program you use to put a line on your swing and still move the video.

Thanks Jake

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sign up (or log in) today! It's free (and you won't see this ad anymore)!

Sign up (or log in) today! It's free (and you won't see this ad anymore)!

Analyzr

http://analyzrgolf.com/

Simple to use and does everything you need. The non-pro version doesn't have any bells and whistles but it gives you all the tools you need to learn whats going on in your swing.

Edit* you'll be able to draw lines, circles, measure angles, frame by frame, side by side comparisons..etc...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Jakester23

I recorded my swing and am making some changes and was wondering what program you use to put a line on your swing and still move the video.

Thanks Jake

Since you're on a Mac, I hear this one is pretty great: http://analyzrgolf.com/ .

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You won't be disappointed with analyzr.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Erik I was hoping you'd tear apart my swing
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Jakester23

Erik I was hoping you'd tear apart my swing

Have you checked out evolvr yet?  That is what I have been doing for lessons.  You will get videos sent back to you with all those little lines drawn all over it! Fun stuff, and it is only $40 a month or so.  If you want to draw the lines yourself that is fun, and you could still do that, it is just better to have an expert pro who knows where to draw them.

http://evolvr.thegolfevolution.com/

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I would love to but its kinda out of my budget this month. got married in October and my wifes in school. I got home late night and tried standing with more knee bend and closer to the ball and it seemed to let me turn through much easier. I'm going to the range tomorrow probably ill throw up another video once I get comfortable in the new position.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Jakester23

I would love to but its kinda out of my budget this month. got married in October and my wifes in school. I got home late night and tried standing with more knee bend and closer to the ball and it seemed to let me turn through much easier. I'm going to the range tomorrow probably ill throw up another video once I get comfortable in the new position.

Ah ok, well if you can do it one day it is pretty great, and a lot less than regular lessons.  Congrats by the way as well.  Keep checking out those threads in the meantime.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Analyzr

http://analyzrgolf.com/

Simple to use and does everything you need. The non-pro version doesn't have any bells and whistles but it gives you all the tools you need to learn whats going on in your swing.

Edit* you'll be able to draw lines, circles, measure angles, frame by frame, side by side comparisons..etc...

Originally Posted by iacas

Since you're on a Mac, I hear this one is pretty great: http://analyzrgolf.com/ .

Originally Posted by sk golf

You won't be disappointed with analyzr.

Originally Posted by cipher

Have you checked out evolvr yet?  That is what I have been doing for lessons.  You will get videos sent back to you with all those little lines drawn all over it!   Fun stuff, and it is only $40 a month or so.  If you want to draw the lines yourself that is fun, and you could still do that, it is just better to have an expert pro who knows where to draw them.

http://evolvr.thegolfevolution.com/

Umm. what he ... and he ... and he ... and he said.  If you're getting lessons from the guys at Evolvr, then that's what they use.  (Pretty sure the program was written by some computer dork who also knows a teeny little bit about golf )

And there is a student version that you can buy for yourself for $50 or something like that.  I find it useful because after receiving a lesson, rather than going out, trying it once, and sending in another video to let them see if I'm doing it right (when, more than likely I'm not yet) I can check a few of those things by myself.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On Windows platform I use MotionView.  It's a little pricey but very feature rich.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have V1 and CSwing.   I like CSwing better.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Last year when working on improving my swing, I would just play video, pause video at key points in backswing and downswing, and then take screen shots.   Then I'd paste screenshots into MS Paint where I can draw my lines and analyze.  To take it even further, you can create a sequence of several consecutive pics in swing with the same line drawn in each, then paste the consecutive string of pics into MS Word to review.   Yeah, it takes more time and not as nice as software that does it all for you, but it's free.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have leadbetter and v1 home. But I use a program called kinovea now which is free and doesn't to need to put my pc I to basic video mode to run like the others. Its not golf specific but it does all that the other two do. Though i'd get analyzr if i had a mac or if it was available on windows or linux.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Powerchalk is a good one. Not sure if it cost money or not.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by keeps21

I have leadbetter and v1 home. But I use a program called kinovea now which is free and doesn't to need to put my pc I to basic video mode to run like the others.

Its not golf specific but it does all that the other two do.

Though i'd get analyzr if i had a mac or if it was available on windows or linux.

+1 for Kinovea. Free and has quite a bit of stuff.

IIRC it only works on PC and it is nowhere near as simple and efficient to use as Analyzr but if you don't have a Mac I'd recommend Kinovea.

Free is a pretty attractive price point!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • 2017 TST Partners

    PING Golf
    Leupold Golf
    Snell Golf
    Talamore Golf Resort
    Lowest Score Wins
  • Posts

    • Number 10. Boise, Idaho Saturday 06/24/2017. I played Quail Hollow golf Club, white tees 5727 yards. This is visually the best course I've played to date. It's built into the hills which allows for many elevated holes. The views at the top are fantastic and challenging. Yes, its short in yardage but difficult to play. There are many blind shots over hills and around corners, plus sagebrush, trees, thick rough and water. The greens vary in size from very large, to small and narrow, but they were fast and difficult to putt. I should have brought two putters, a lighter putter for the fast greens and a heavy putter for the slow greens. I only have my heavy putter. I played with three guys, the Boise guys, who were part a larger money group. I was asked which course was my favorite, and prior to playing this course, I didn't have one. Whenever I think about the places that I've gone, it's the people that I remember. We can all relate to the challenges of golf and tend to be our true selfs on the golf course. Today was no different, a lot of laughs, frustration and camaraderie. I think one of the best moments we had was when one of the Boise guys drove the green on a par 4 and 4-putted from about 12 feet. He hit a great drive over trees that blocked the green from our view. We were all happy to see his ball on the green for an eagle putt. We had all struggled with the putts, but we thought he would at least get a birdie, which would help their team score. I know he was disappointed when he 4-putted and we understand, but it was also so funny I asked him if he could replay the hole and do the same thing so that I could record it. We all had a big laugh, and that's the bond that we golfers have. I shot 49 on the front and 45 on the back, with an 8 on a par 3 and par 4, total 94.   
    • I haven't heard a pro credit PB for a win. But this guy credits the PB Pro with the win, implying and sometimes stating that PB helped him.
    • This local rule is used primarily in the UK on links courses where putting from long distances off the green is the norm. IMO it should only be used if chipping over is not a reasonable proposition.
    • (https://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/94053-win-a-new-cart-from-sun-mountain) https://shop.sunmountain.com/Speed-Cart-GT-20119-detail.html I'd love to win the Speed Cart GT in Navy White Red. I like the patriotic colors.  This cart not only looks great, but it would make life so much easier.  Believe it or not, my current golf cart is actually a "pull cart".  Yes, the old fashioned kind that you just don't see anymore, but I still use it. Thus, I'd love to win a new Speed Cart GT in Navy White Red from @SunMountainGolf and @the_sand_trap.   I thank you, my sore shoulder thanks you, and my aching back thanks you :)      
    • So the kid did something stupid - he shouldn't get killed for it. I really hope to see the end of that bizarre cult regime some day.
  • TST Blog Entries

  • Blog Entries

  • Today's Birthdays

  • Get Great Gear with Amazon