IGNORED

What's for dinner?

Ernest Jones
Note: This thread is 3255 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Guys,

My son is on a kick right now, so we picked up Ground Turkey does anypne have a way to season it?

I really don't like the taste of Ground Turkey meat or Turkey burgers.

I've used it in dishes in place of ground beef, but it definitely needs something to kick it up.  Ground turkey is pretty bland.  I've used it in sloppy joes, in spicy tacos, in chili with beans - all dishes which carry a lot of flavor on their own so that you can get away with using a less flavorful meat.

Yeah.  My wife is not a fan of ground beef.  She's not a vegetarian or anything, just not a big fan of red meat.  So at our house, ground turkey is the go-to substitute for things like spaghetti with meat sauce, or enchiladas.  Basically what fourputt says is on the money.  It carries very little flavor itself, so you better stick it in something that has its own kick.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah.  My wife is not a fan of ground beef.  She's not a vegetarian or anything, just not a big fan of red meat.  So at our house, ground turkey is the go-to substitute for things like spaghetti with meat sauce, or enchiladas.  Basically what fourputt says is on the money.  It carries very little flavor itself, so you better stick it in something that has its own kick.

Have you tried ground pork?  Or better yet, for your spaghetti sauce, ground Italian pork sausage......

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Have you tried ground pork?  Or better yet, for your spaghetti sauce, ground Italian pork sausage......

Yes, yes, yes!!!  When I made (I'd say make, but it's been a long time) spaghetti that's all I used ... even when ground beef was "on limits." ;)

Dee-lish-us!!!

Guys,

My son is on a kick right now, so we picked up Ground Turkey does anypne have a way to season it?

I really don't like the taste of Ground Turkey meat or Turkey burgers.

One word, "bacon."

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

One word, "bacon."

Just make sure it isn't turkey bacon. That would suck...

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

One word, "bacon."

Or low sodium bacon. Got that at Costco last week and I sure wish I got regular.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

Or low sodium bacon. Got that at Costco last week and I sure wish I got regular.

Low salt salt.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Quote:

Originally Posted by David in FL

Yes, yes, yes!!!  When I made (I'd say make, but it's been a long time) spaghetti that's all I used ... even when ground beef was "on limits." ;)

Dee-lish-us!!!

Spicy Italian sausage - good stuff.  Believe it or not (and this may be sacrilege to some) it's really good in jambalaya instead of andouille (which is unavailable down here).

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Spicy Italian sausage - good stuff.  Believe it or not (and this may be sacrilege to some) it's really good in jambalaya instead of andouille (which is unavailable down here).

Spicy Italian sausage could make bark mulch taste good!  Great idea for a substitute.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Mmmmm, spicy Italian is the only way to go.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

There has to be a line drawn in the sand at this point.

Bad enough Ground Turkey no way in hell it will be Turkey bacon too.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

I bought a beef brisket on sale the other day, looking for ideas on how to prepare it. I don't have the facilities to smoke it or slowly grill it, and I'm not sure I have any roast pan or dutch oven large enough to use the oven. Also don't have a slow cooker or pressure cooker. Thinking of braising. Ideas?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I bought a beef brisket on sale the other day, looking for ideas on how to prepare it. I don't have the facilities to smoke it or slowly grill it, and I'm not sure I have any roast pan or dutch oven large enough to use the oven. Also don't have a slow cooker or pressure cooker. Thinking of braising. Ideas?

I'd stick with an easy oven roast. If you don't have one, you can get a big disposable roasting pan for a buck or two at your grocery store. A good dry rub is a must.....

In David's bag....

I'd stick with an easy oven roast. If you don't have one, you can get a big disposable roasting pan for a buck or two at your grocery store. A good dry rub is a must.....

Or, look for a braising recipe.  Low and slow for 2 - 4 hours depending on the size of the cut.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

Made an authentic Chicago-style deep dish pizza tonight.

Sausage was a bit thick and next time I'll separate it (so it doesn't just shrink into the middle an inch or two all the way around), but it was GREAT.

(Also, the sausage was only in patties when I went to the store yesterday - I've sourced some good mild Italian that's just ground without being pre-formed.)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Made an authentic Chicago-style deep dish pizza tonight. Sausage was a bit thick and next time I'll separate it (so it doesn't just shrink into the middle an inch or two all the way around), but it was GREAT. (Also, the sausage was only in patties when I went to the store yesterday - I've sourced some good mild Italian that's just ground without being pre-formed.) [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/87557/] [/URL] [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/87558/] [/URL] [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/87559/] [/URL] [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/87560/] [/URL] [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/87561/] [/URL]

That looks insanely good!! If I wasn't full of homemade baked ziti and watching the wife bake some sort of banana cream pie right now, I'd be pissed! ;)

Made an authentic Chicago-style deep dish pizza tonight. Sausage was a bit thick and next time I'll separate it (so it doesn't just shrink into the middle an inch or two all the way around), but it was GREAT. (Also, the sausage was only in patties when I went to the store yesterday - I've sourced some good mild Italian that's just ground without being pre-formed.) [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/87557/] [/URL] [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/87558/] [/URL] [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/87559/] [/URL] [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/87560/] [/URL] [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/87561/] [/URL]

Outstanding! :beer: If you find a good fresh Italian sausage that you really like, don't forget, you can just buy the links and slice open the casings.......voila, ground sausage.

In David's bag....

Note: This thread is 3255 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!