IGNORED

Fed Ex Cup- Jordan Spieth

MEfree
Note: This thread is 3871 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Should "Special Temporary" PGA Tour Members like Jordan Spieth be allowed to earn Fed Ex Cup points and compete in the playoffs?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

What it means: The implications for the 19-year-old Spieth are immense. He earns his first career PGA Tour win, garnering trips to next week's Open Championship as well as the 2014 Masters in the process. After starting the year with no status on any worldwide tour, though, Spieth is now a full-fledged PGA Tour member, immediately eligible for the FedEx Cup Playoffs and vaults to 11th in the overall points standings, gaining an inside track on advancing to the Tour Championship.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Originally Posted by saturday

wow, impressive. How did he get special temporary playing status on the tour anyway? I don't know enough about those kind of things.

He earned more entering tournaments through sponsor's exemptions this season than the 150th-ranked player on the 2012 money list: $474,295, if you need to know exactly how much.

Spieth's going to be 11th in FedEx Cup points tomorrow morning.

• Upvote 1

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

• Administrator

Uhm… yes.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That was awesome! I enjoyed watching today's round more than playing yesterday's round lol

Yup. That was one of the most entertaining rounds of golf I've watched in a long time!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Originally Posted by David in FL

Yup. That was one of the most entertaining rounds of golf I've watched in a long time!

Yes, yes.  I enjoyed watching Phil win today.. and then it was topped off with this great playoff.

I am super impressed with Jordan and completely envious at the same time!

Jeff

Originally Posted by SloverUT

I am super impressed with Jordan and completely envious at the same time!

Me too. It must be terrible being him right now.

Let's hope he's not as greedy as McIlroy and realises that riches and titles will come if he just keeps doing what he's doing.

I really like him.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Welcome to the PGA Tour, Fed Ex, etc. Well done JS!

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

How did you guys watch the ending yesterday - it was not on the Golf Channel, ESPN or any major network ??????     I was never so frustrated at golf coverage ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Originally Posted by inthehole

How did you guys watch the ending yesterday - it was not on the Golf Channel, ESPN or any major network ??????     I was never so frustrated at golf coverage ...

It stayed on CBS until about 7:15 at which point a 60 minutes re-run took over. Then it shifted back to Golf Channel where it took over the Web.com's Utah Championship broadcast. When the playoff went to break, instead of commercial, it went to the Utah tourney, but GC (I think) broadcast the last two playoff holes.

Yea it's a pain in the butt, but that's the system they run when a playoff runs extra long.

Constantine

How awesome for this kid. He's really starting to look like he could be something special. Now he gets to play Murfield next weekend too, we'll see how he does.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Very, very impressed with how he has handled himself this season.  Many of us could learn something from how he composes himself out there.  It is pretty incredible at just 19 years old.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Originally Posted by cipher

Very, very impressed with how he has handled himself this season.  Many of us could learn something from how he composes himself out there.  It is pretty incredible at just 19 years old.

Hey, it's easy to be that composed when you play like that! Not much to get mad about.

Constantine

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Hey, it's easy to be that composed when you play like that! Not much to get mad about.

I am 33 and could not handle the stress of a state am qualifier.  He is 19 trying to win a tournament that will afford him a bunch of opportunities.  I was just more or less commenting on how he handled the pressure.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

I am 33 and could not handle the stress of a state am qualifier.  He is 19 trying to win a tournament that will afford him a bunch of opportunities.  I was just more or less commenting on how he handled the pressure.

I think JetFan's post was a little tongue in cheek. Haha.

Ryan M

Quote:

If you got your index to a +3 on your home course I bet you could handle the stress better than you would as a 3.9!

Sorry if I'm coming off as a douche right now, Ciph. Hopefully what I'm saying makes sense.

Hey, that doesn't mean I was cheering for him down the stretch though! It amazes me when these guys can still pummel their drivers under such intense pressure. My take away was more, "wow, these guys can play," than anything else.

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

Quote:

Originally Posted by cipher

I think JetFan's post was a little tongue in cheek. Haha.

Yea, more or less. I agree with Cipher for the most part, but I also wanted to point out how handling pressure is easier when you got the game to back it up! Maybe I looked at it less as him "handling the pressure" than I did seeing it as him "trusting the hell out of his swing, hardwork, talent, etc."

Devil's advocate here more than anything.

Constantine

Ok, maybe it wasn't...lol

Ryan M

If you got your index to a +3 on your home course I bet you could handle the stress better than you would as a 3.9!

Sorry if I'm coming off as a douche right now, Ciph. Hopefully what I'm saying makes sense.

Hey, that doesn't mean I was cheering for him down the stretch though! It amazes me when these guys can still pummel their drivers under such intense pressure. My take away was more, "wow, these guys can play," than anything else.

Yea, more or less. I agree with Cipher for the most part, but I also wanted to point out how handling pressure is easier when you got the game to back it up! Maybe I looked at it less as him "handling the pressure" than I did seeing it as him "trusting the hell out of his swing, hardwork, talent, etc."

Devil's advocate here more than anything.

I got ya and yes you are right, we all would at a +3. It just still amazes me though at 19.  But I spoze he really does not have a care in the world right now either.

Nate

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

Ok, maybe it wasn't...lol

No, no, it was. But in the back of my mind I can't shake this feeling that skill breeds confidence and confidence defeats pressure.

It can be complicated because there are still talented as hell players out there who can't handle the pressure unless they do some serious work on their mental games outside the ropes... it's like that old military mantra of "craving fear" or learning to love the fear. And some guys have that and some guys don't. Or maybe they just aren't born with that part of the brain? It's hard to know the answer.

So I'm not so much being argumentative as I am just having a conversation trying to gain more insight on it.

Constantine

Note: This thread is 3871 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!