IGNORED

What kind of car do you drive?

Jeepthrills
Note: This thread is 3039 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am driving an 09 Jetta. It sits too low, and it's a pain getting in and out of the thing. Also, with my tunk locker, I can barely fit one cart bag and one small stand bag in the trunk. For myself only, if I have both my cart bag and push cart, one must go in the back seat. On weekend trips with my two brothers, I must fold on 1/2 of the back seats down to fit everything. This summer, am thinking of getting a Toyota Higlander or 4runner, or to save gas, a Subaru Outback. Definately want AWD and ground clearance to park in NYC winters. Just curious for ideas and opinions.

I drive a 2006 Honda Pilot when it is my turn to drive.  I can fit 5 adults and there gear in it, albeit more comfortable with 4.  It gets about 18 MPG in town and so far is a great vehicle. :-)

Butch

My Jeep Cherokee (as in a proper, old one from the early 1990s - the XJ model - not that recent abomination Jeep brought out this year). Great for carrying dogs, golf clubs, and anything else that might provoke wifely anger if placed in the interior of the new car. Jeep knew how to build SUVs in those days. That old straight 6 engine has intergalactic mileage on it. Change the oil every now and then, keep a casual eye on the cooling system, and never worry about anything else. Going to keep that Jeep forever...

I am driving an 09 Jetta. It sits too low, and it's a pain getting in and out of the thing. Also, with my tunk locker, I can barely fit one cart bag and one small stand bag in the trunk. For myself only, if I have both my cart bag and push cart, one must go in the back seat. On weekend trips with my two brothers, I must fold on 1/2 of the back seats down to fit everything. This summer, am thinking of getting a Toyota Higlander or 4runner, or to save gas, a Subaru Outback. Definately want AWD and ground clearance to park in NYC winters.

Just curious for ideas and opinions.

I like my GMC Terrain. You can go high-end with the Denali package, SLT2, or the base "as-is" model for like $24K. I get great gas mileage, you get a great stereo with the SLE-2/Denali, has enough room for several golf bags and the AWD is amazing in the snow (I'm from NE Ohio). I hated to be "that guy" but I drove my wife's Terrain every weekend when we would go shopping or run errands and I loved it, so I had to get my own. I've owned it for about 6 months now and love it. I drive 90 miles round-trip, 5 days a week and I average about 25mpg on the highway. This winter has been hell and I never once had a questionable or "iffy" situation driving so far. I was a die-hard Ford loyalist until I bought this thing and I can say I would most likely buy another one or step up to the Acadia/Tahoe in the future.

I like my GMC Terrain. You can go high-end with the Denali package, SLT2, or the base "as-is" model for like $24K. I get great gas mileage, you get a great stereo with the SLE-2/Denali, has enough room for several golf bags and the AWD is amazing in the snow (I'm from NE Ohio). I hated to be "that guy" but I drove my wife's Terrain every weekend when we would go shopping or run errands and I loved it, so I had to get my own. I've owned it for about 6 months now and love it. I drive 90 miles round-trip, 5 days a week and I average about 25mpg on the highway. This winter has been hell and I never once had a questionable or "iffy" situation driving so far. I was a die-hard Ford loyalist until I bought this thing and I can say I would most likely buy another one or step up to the Acadia/Tahoe in the future.

I have a Yukon Denali with AWD.  Absolutely love it.  Carries everything you could ever want to cram into it, will tow a house if you want, and just goes and goes.  Will probably downsize to the Acadia next time around, but absolutely going to keep with GMC and their SUV's.

:beer:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I walk across the street to the 12th tee and get at it if I am playing at home. If at work, I walk out of the office and go grab a cart and get hot. So I guess in answer to the question, I drive the Corolla to work. Don't laugh, I get awesome gas mileage. Were pushing 3.50 here in GA.

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

Unfortunately my wife got a new job about 55 miles away, so we got her a small commuter car......which stuck me with a Kia Sedona minivan. Now, as far as minivans go, it's not too bad, but a far cry from the cars I owned prior (MazdaSpeed 3, Infiniti G35, Mercedes E500, Porsche Bosxter, Nissan Maxima, Porsche 911, etc). But we need to have a minivan-like vehicle as we travel with the kids a bunch. At least I have no issues loading the clubs in it.

Nice life snapfade!!!! Nothing wrong with that hilmar. If I lived where there was no snow, I would consider a minivan. Hey, back in the mid 90s, I had a Ford Winstar. Was a lemon and had so many problems with it, lost tons of money on it. But it drove great and fit all my skis stuff, luggage and golf stuff when I first took up the great sport, along with plenty of room for my buddies. Love driving a vehicle sitting high. Not to mention no poblems when buying large items that won't fit in a car.

Still driving my club cab Chevy Silverado 4WD truck that I bought new in 1995.

Funny thing is that from 1977 to 1995 I traded trucks every year. Since 1995 driving the same truck.

Still driving my club cab Chevy Silverado 4WD truck that I bought new in 1995.

Funny thing is that from 1977 to 1995 I traded trucks every year. Since 1995 driving the same truck.

I used to hate GM. I had a 2000 Ford SVT Lightning pushing 580hp to the ground. I had a "GM Killer" windshield decal that used to draw a ton of attention as well. I then ditched it when I was 21 and light flurries caught me by surprise when I was watching March Madness basketball at a buddies house and sure enough, a big GMC Sierra tow rig pulled me out of a ditch with a "Saving Fords" decal on his rear window. Seeing my baby on the back of a GM made my pride disappear. Then, I traded that in for a Ford Fusion SEL when we had kiddo #1 on the way since my wife said I couldn't have a baby seat rigged up in a 4 pt. harness with no backseat.. That damn thing missed the lemon law by literally 2 days (24 total shop visits in 4 years for major breakdowns). I'll never own another Ford!

I used to hate GM. I had a 2000 Ford SVT Lightning pushing 580hp to the ground. I had a "GM Killer" windshield decal that used to draw a ton of attention as well. I then ditched it when I was 21 and light flurries caught me by surprise when I was watching March Madness basketball at a buddies house and sure enough, a big GMC Sierra tow rig pulled me out of a ditch with a "Saving Fords" decal on his rear window. Seeing my baby on the back of a GM made my pride disappear. Then, I traded that in for a Ford Fusion SEL when we had kiddo #1 on the way since my wife said I couldn't have a baby seat rigged up in a 4 pt. harness with no backseat.. That damn thing missed the lemon law by literally 2 days (24 total shop visits in 4 years for major breakdowns). I'll never own another Ford!

Most people I know that have owned a Ford for a while, have had trouble with it. My family has been driving hondas for a long time and they are very reliable. I've got a 99' CR-V right now.

In the Bag:
:titleist: 913 D3 - 9.5* - Diamana Stiff 62g
:mizuno: MP 64s 3-PW - DGS300
:cleveland: CG12 52* & 56*
:tmade: Rosa

Usually a Jeep Compass with the rear seats folded down.  Smaller SUV for 2 golfers but great mileage, performance, and 4w drive.

Either my 2003 F350 dually or our 2013 Ford Explorer, depending on whether my wife needs the Explorer that day or not.   The with the rearmost seat down, the Explorer will seat 5 and still hold 5 bags.   Not sure about carts.   The truck can obviously carry a hell of a lot more gear than the 5 people it will seat need....

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

I drive a 2011 Dodge Charger

In my :tmade: Burner Golf Bag

:tmade:R1 Black Driver 10.5 degrees

:tmade:RBZ 3-Wood

:tmade:Burner Superfast 2.0 3-hybrid

:tmade:Burner 2.0 irons 4-PW, AW, SW, LW

:tmade:Spiderblade putter

:adidas:Audizero Golf shoes

Note: This thread is 3039 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!