IGNORED

Forum Profile Handicap Indices....

David in FL
Note: This thread is 1190 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

That's kind of what I thought.......a nice clean place to start from.  Have you been down near 2.5 before?  That'll be a helluva move......good luck!

Thank you, nope 4.3 is the lowest so far and that was right before I got injured first week of December 2012 and it ballooned up to 8 and then plantar fasciitis settled in a couple months later during the rise, it took about 7 months to start swinging the club better without pain, I really thought I was going to get down to nearly 2 the next year. I'm basically back where I was in November 2012,I just feel ability wise I can get to that number and then the really hard work will begin to get to 0, I play alongside scratch and + indexes weekly and see the differences and guys who play to 2 and 3 and really think I can play right alongside the 2-3 guys with just a slight improvement consistency wise and a little better putting. earlier this year I played a match against a guy who was a 3 and beat him 3 and 2 with no strokes. I play my best  best golf in the summer so I think it will happen by October golf gods willing.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

19.8.   Went up a fraction.   Will likely post 4 - 5 rounds before next update.

18.9 and dropping fast.    I've got my swing back and back to playing high 80 & low 90 scores, with occasional foray into low 80s.   I expect my HI to fall to 17 by next update.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Down to a 23.5 after going up for months. I was helped by the fact that I will end up with 10 rounds over a 2 week period and the 8 I have already played are part of my low 10. With some cold weather the next couple of days, I hope to get back up to around 24 so I can go back to my 28 course HC by our February tourney - nothing pisses of the low handicappers more than me getting 2 strokes on 2 part 3s. (I'll only be a 27 for the January tourney)

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

LOL ... didn't know that my handicap was a calendar year type of thing.  I signed up with my club at the end of last January, so I thought I still had a couple of weeks.  However, I was wrong ... my up-to-date handicap is "inactive."  Whoops.  Re-upped yesterday so it should kick back in soon ... and it's actually at 7.9, so I need to start playing better!!!!

LOL ... didn't know that my handicap was a calendar year type of thing.  I signed up with my club at the end of last January, so I thought I still had a couple of weeks.  However, I was wrong ... my up-to-date handicap is "inactive."  Whoops.  Re-upped yesterday so it should kick back in soon ... and it's actually at 7.9, so I need to start playing better!!!!

Check that ... it finally updated for this revision, and it's actually 8.2.  Argh!!!

I played two decent rounds in December and that dropped my handicap from 12.2 to 11.1. Slowly heading towards my goal of getting into single digits. Just hoping to maintain it :-)

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

Great reminder for everyone.

Handicap services (at least GHIN) are based off the calendar year.  Don't forget to renew or you may find yourself in no man's land....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Handicap services (at least GHIN) are based off the calendar year.  Don't forget to renew or you may find yourself in no man's land....

what is the best outlet to register for a handicap if you dont belong to a particular course / club? I think Golfsmith has something? Would like your opinion. thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Having never established a handicap before, I called the eclub number for my region and they said membership goes from April - March but that if I signed up now, it would go to March 2015.  I guess that's because they don't expect people to play golf regularly up here until April.  :)

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

what is the best outlet to register for a handicap if you dont belong to a particular course / club? I think Golfsmith has something? Would like your opinion. thanks

Nevermind me! just joined eclub today: http://www.carolinasgolf.org/join-eclub

[QUOTE name="GolfGuy123" url="/t/68730/forum-profile-handicaps/504#post_935510"]   what is the best outlet to register for a handicap if you dont belong to a particular course / club? I think Golfsmith has something? Would like your opinion. thanks [/QUOTE] Nevermind me! just joined eclub today: [URL=http://www.carolinasgolf.org/join-eclub]http://www.carolinasgolf.org/join-eclub[/URL]

Yah, I just did mine today but they don't let me put in scores for rounds I played after October.

Christian

Yah, I just did mine today but they don't let me put in scores for rounds I played after October.

Gotcha - They told me I can start inputting right now if I want and they will update 1st and 15th. But I am in Carolina, so assuming geographic location makes a difference? Im stoked to figure out what my exact / real handicap is!

Gotcha - They told me I can start inputting right now if I want and they will update 1st and 15th. But I am in Carolina, so assuming geographic location makes a difference? Im stoked to figure out what my exact / real handicap is!

Good for you! :beer:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFKFREAK

Yeah, I inputted all the rounds I could.

A bit sad, though, because I couldn't input the last 7 rounds I played in 2013 and 4 of those scores would have been part of the lowest 10 of the last 20 rounds for calculating my handicap.

Christian

mine just got updated 2 days ago. mine is through diablo golf and the GC Am Tour

For Sale: Ping i3+ 2i-UW

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Odyssey Versa Black/White LH Putter

Everyone should be posting their index not their handicap number...my friends won't play me as a two because I tend to focus and execute better when we're playing for something ... If I practice and my bones(neck) feel good I'll shoot in the 60's more than the 70's and if I don't practice I'm probably closer to -2 ... This last year I had a lot more fun playing just to play and not keeping score or worrying about it. I really enjoy tinkering with and trying out new clubs so to try to maintain a legitimate index pointless and not accurate anyway...with that said I didn't represent myself as a -2 in any handicapped events or men's club events at my club this last year(or I would've got the sandbagger award from Pope of Slope) and had a ball playing for the love of playing not caring about scoring UNLESS it was a skins game that everyone was playing straight up

Everyone should be posting their index not their handicap number.

What's the difference? I know how to calculate handicap. How do you come up with the index number?

Christian

Note: This thread is 1190 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!