IGNORED

Forum Profile Handicap Indices....

David in FL
Note: This thread is 1182 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

4.9.  No change.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8.3 is my first official handicap. But I "only" played 7 rounds in the last 16 days. Not counting a 9 hole and 18 hole rounds that I played as practice rounds because the greens were punched and sanded really bad. I think I can do that. No wonder my body feels like I am old as heck I may play too much golf lol.

James

Bleh, went from 11.8 to 12.2. I don't think I've been happy with my play since late June.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

8.3 is my first official handicap. But I "only" played 7 rounds in the last 16 days. Not counting a 9 hole and 18 hole rounds that I played as practice rounds because the greens were punched and sanded really bad. I think I can do that. No wonder my body feels like I am old as heck I may play too much golf lol.

Congratulations on your official handicap! :beer:

FWIW, even on punched and sanded greens, you should post your scores as long as you played the round properly, under the rules of golf.

In David's bag....

Don't get nervouse Dave ...but I'm coming up behind you !!!

5.4 this time around, another PB!!!

Nervous?  I'm holding out for the day you've gotta give me one a side!  Then we play!

Nice job purple man! :beer:

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

I finally sprung for the GHIN membership and got my first revision after playing golf all summer.....which sucks because I could have been considerably lower at certain points but not sure. I can go back and calculate it again I guess. Regardless, I am trending upward with a 12.0 revision. Well deserved IMHO.

• Upvote 1

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I finally sprung for the GHIN membership and got my first revision after playing golf all summer.....which sucks because I could have been considerably lower at certain points but not sure. I can go back and calculate it again I guess. Regardless, I am trending upward with a 12.0 revision. Well deserved IMHO.

Good for you! :beer:

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Congratulations on your official handicap!

FWIW, even on punched and sanded greens, you should post your scores as long as you played the round properly, under the rules of golf.

Thank you.

On the second part is that even if they were the biggest, deepest holes ever and completely covered in tons of sand? I think  I would still post on aerated greens but both were the same course and these things were rough. I thought as long as I declared it a practice round prior to the round I could play without posting. Normally I wouldn't do that without good reason but when the greens were in that kind of shape I thought it wouldn't really reflect my actual ability.

James

Not so sure this is going to be very good for handicap purposes. Some of us could lose up to 8-10 strokes to this velcro like substance they call putting greens. The stuff we were subjected to today would require you to get chips and pitches to 3 feet. :-$

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I'm figuring on starting the handicap next season and just had a round on recently punched greens. I'm guessing the condition of the greens added at least five strokes to what I would have done otherwise. The number is what it is, but if we really should post em, so be it.

I'm figuring on starting the handicap next season and just had a round on recently punched greens. I'm guessing the condition of the greens added at least five strokes to what I would have done otherwise. The number is what it is, but if we really should post em, so be it.

Why not start now?  Your scores will carry over to next season, and you'll be that much further towards getting a full 20 scores posted.....

No time like the present! :-)

In David's bag....

Basically its because I'm still bad enough that I'll occasionally throw score cards in garbage cans. I like the freedom to just let it go after I yack up a 10 spot.

The handicap index is just a number. It is what it is. No one....and I mean NO ONE is ever happy with theirs and not hoping to improve it. But the best way to measure your improvement is to begin to post all of your scores. Then you'll be able to tell when you're "yacking it up" less. ;-) Don't deprive yourself of the joy that comes with breaking those thresholds..... :-)

In David's bag....

• Administrator
The handicap index is just a number. It is what it is. No one....and I mean NO ONE is ever happy with theirs and not hoping to improve it. But the best way to measure your improvement is to begin to post all of your scores. Then you'll be able to tell when you're "yacking it up" less. ;-) Don't deprive yourself of the joy that comes with breaking those thresholds..... :-)

Plus, ESC takes care of 10s.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Guy I was paired with in the senior tournament yesterday took a 10 on a tough, but fairly mundane par-4, and managed it without any penalty strokes.  6 hcp.....he shot 80, but had the privilege of posting 76.

Some of those "old guys" have an outstanding command of the more, ahem...... colorful aspects of the English language! ;-)

In David's bag....

Unfortunately for me, it doesn't take care of 8's on a par 5. :cry:

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Note: This thread is 1182 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!