IGNORED

Who is worse to play with? Cheaters or High Handicappers?

Snowman
Note: This thread is 6075 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How about a high handicapped cheater? Its not their fault they are high handicapped, they are either just starting the game or dont care much to get better. We all cant be all-stars at the game, but a cheater makes that decision. Once a cheater always a cheater.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would rather play with a high handicapper, being a high handicapper currently. i recently was invited to play with my wifes uncle,who said he shot in the 70s, so i was real worried that he was gonna blow me away. and embarass me. but i think he played a whole dozen balls just to shoot a 86. not counting the balls he lost. i ended up shooting a 91 using 2 balls. it really got under my skin.

Driver- 580XD
3wood and 5 wood- Wal-Mart special
Irons- MX-25 4-pw
Wedges- MX-25 gw 51* 588 56*
Putter- DFX5500

Playing with a cheater when there's money on the line could be bad, if you allow it to be bad. Make sure to offer to help them search for their ball when it's lost, and that way you can make sure they can't just drop one out of their pocket and say they found it. Also, you can keep a running count on their score for them as well, and make sure they know you're watching them.

Once they realize you're actively paying attention to every stroke they take, they'll probably be less likely to try anything funny.
"The only thing in my bag that works is the bug spray."

In My Bag:
Big Bertha 454 Titanium (10º)
Big Bertha Fairway Woods Ping G2 HL (Black Dot) Ping M/B (56º & 52º) Mizuno MP-R Series (60º) Odyssey Black Series i #7

I cheated like a mofo when I couldnt break 100. The OB penalty didnt really exist for me lol

I am reformed now.

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom

I hate cheaters though, one dude I played with once hit two mulligans off the tee and kept bragging about how he got a birdie, finally another guy I was playing with said, "You hit 3 tee shots, and played the third, how did you possibly get a birdie?"

I was laughing so hard...

But yeah, I rather just play with someone who is a high handicap and is trying to get better instead of someone who is a high handicap and just cheats his way through rounds claiming hes a 15 handicap when he's really a 25.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

To be honest though-High Handicappers-Anywhere from like 20 all the way up, as long as they can hit the ball well none bother me. The type of players who annoy me are the kind that hit it like 20 yards at a time, who can't maintain at least a decent swing.
What's in my Mizuno Aerolite Stand bag:

r7 460 10.5*, stock Stiff Flex Shaft
CLK Fli-Hi 17* hybrid, Prolaunch Blue Stiff shaft
Slingshot Tour 21*, DGS300 shaft Baffler DWS Hybrid 26*, Aldila NVS-HL shaft MP-60 5-PW DG S300 shafts Tour Action 900 54*/12* WedgeVokey Spin Milled 58*/08* Wedge...

I cheated like a mofo when I couldnt break 100. The OB penalty didnt really exist for me lol

That sounds familiar. I remember shooting in the high 90s a couple of years after i started playing. Then a couple of years later I was MUCH better, but I was still scoring high 90s. I finally realized that I was actually playing by the rules and the old scores were bunk.

Driver: Superquad 9.5° - XS
3 Wood: Big Bertha II 15° - S
Irons: Mizuno MX-20
Wedges: Mizuno 50-06, 56-11, 60-05
Putter: Hog Mallet

Me, being a current high handicapper, can actually keep up the pace quite well.

I prefer playing with lower handicap friends because they can give me tips, as well as give me that edge to not get off my game.

Honestly though, I don't care what handicap player I'm playing with as long as they don't sulk the whole round, don't cheat (friendly rules, ie taking ball out of divot in fairway, one mulligan per round are fine), and aren't jerks about my current wild ball striking.
in the bag:
R580XD 10.5°
Rescue Dual 19°
Titleist 755 4-PW
Vokey Black Nickel 54.10° Vokey Oil Can 60.08° Circa 62 No. 2 Charcoal Mist

Cheaters.

I don't get upset when someone cheats, because they know it an I know it.

I don't mind high handicappers- we all were high handicappers for a time. If they don't get to play with better players, they will never become one. A scratch player played with me every week when I ranged from 33 on down to 18. Without him it would have taken much longer.

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

Honestly though, I don't care what handicap player I'm playing with as long as they don't sulk the whole round, don't cheat (friendly rules, ie taking ball out of divot in fairway, one mulligan per round are fine), and aren't jerks about my current wild ball striking.

Taking a ball out of a divot and any mulligan is cheating. period.

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

MY golf buddy always talks about the low scores he shoots I have been golfing with him for seven years and yet to see him shoot these amazing low scores I guess it must be Me! Or maybe he's just having an off day! lol

High handicappers are much better to play with than cheaters. I'm a high handicapper but I play fast, I'm not like the high handicappers that are everywhere. I play with a lot of high handicappers anyway. Cheaters are just stupid, golf is the #1 sport to not cheat in, and it's even more annoying when you know they've cheated yet they brag about their score to someone else afterwards.
In My Bag:
Driver: Cobra F Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
3 Wood: Cobra F Speed 15°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
Irons: Cobra 2300 I/M 3-PW
Wedge: Cobra M 54°Putter: Yes! SophiaBall: TaylorMade TP Red

being a high capper myself a persons hcp doesn't bother me, and to a certain degree a cheater doesn't bother me either, (seeing I'm not out there playing against him), I'm out there playing old man Par.

who is worse to play with...ahh..
I really hate cheaters but on the tournaments you go almost 3-4 golfers together and that's also because:
You are watching them if they are not cheating!!
You are writing their scores 'cause they would deffinetely cheat!!
You are giving them penalties 4example playing with a wrong ball, described in official rules!!
But remember one thing: You will never get to PGA where is everybody watching you and I know that every cheater before he goes to bed get the bad feeling...e.g."Have I done a good thing?" I H8 CHEATERS!!! Cheaters are noobs who don't know how to play golf!It's not about the number you get! It's about the feeling and being!!! The truth wins...remember

People laugh 'cos I'm different.. I laugh because they are the same..

I think this quote is appropriate for this thread:

"80% of golfers say they've cheated. The other 20% lied"

"The only thing in my bag that works is the bug spray."

In My Bag:
Big Bertha 454 Titanium (10º)
Big Bertha Fairway Woods Ping G2 HL (Black Dot) Ping M/B (56º & 52º) Mizuno MP-R Series (60º) Odyssey Black Series i #7

Cheaters, what really gripes me is that they usually try to get you to cheat also. Your not really going to play it from that lie, you didn't deserve that, hit till your happy etc. I guess it validates their doing it. I guess the saying shoud go life and golf aren't fair.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Interesting that last night our leagues resident cheater posted his lowest round of the year. Their opponents weren't there and they went out first as a twosome. They also won't be there next week when we play them. I am going to be pissed if he posts something low. I am giving him 15 shots for 9 holes. Their makeup rounds and byes have all been lower than their rounds when playing opposed. Go figure.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

, mostly from balls being lost after rolling into the rough.

I just played in Va. and the roughs were 3 inches deep. You could not find the ball if you were not directly over it, even though you saw it land a few feet from the green or a fairway. If you have markers or caddies, that's one thing but to lose a ball every time it goes a few inches into a rough is tough. My group agreed to take free drops if it was clear the ball went into the rough and could not be found after a reasonable time due solely to the length of the grass.(We were just playing amongst ourselves, no tournament) How many balls would the pros lose if they did not have the gallery, markers or caddies to locate and mark the balls. In a friendly game I do not see a problem if EVERYONE agrees. Otherwise, you need to play a provisional ball for each ball you hit that goes into a rough. Now did you do that and how much fun is that and time consuming to beat. Just food for thought.

Note: This thread is 6075 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!