IGNORED

What are some of the most annoying golfers out there?

ccRichard
Note: This thread is 2516 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

25 members have voted

1. 1. The Worst Type of Golfer

• The Wannabe Pro
    • The Slow Golfer
    • The Vice-Ridden (Excuses, excuses, excuses)
    • The Rageaholic
    • The Cheater
    • The Distracter

The slow bad golfer.  I don't mind a sub 10 HC being somewhat slow as long as he's playing golf ready.  Most of a low HC seems to be spent on the greens which we all know is where scoring really happens.  But the 25HC that takes 6 practice swings on his drive just to slice it OB drives me nuts.  Those extra 15-20 strokes times the pre shot marathon equals a lot of wasted time.

Originally Posted by kw purp

There should be another. The Talker. The guy who talks constantly whether it be about golf, his family, his health, his wife's health, his kids, his job. After about 4 holes of this I started getting the urge say no one f******* cares. Completely ruins a round for me.

Ever heard of a guy named Trevino?

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The slow moron.

I don't care how bad you are, hit the damn ball and move on!

Be as slow as you want to be on the range, but move on the course. Take 60 seconds or less to find your ball where you think it should be.

I'm a 20+ index but I play a round in 3-1/2 hours if I'm not paired with some jerk in a foursome that takes 3 minutes to walk off a putt.

"While we're young"?

I don't mind a slow player if he can play. I've found that my score improves significantly when I slow my round down. However, don't play slow and shoot 100. My vote went to the rageaholic and the distractor. Can't stand either of those.

Don't you hate golfers who complain about other golfers?

Come on, folks.   We all have been there and done that when we started out and didn't know better.   I have joined the forum less than two months and I have already seen half a doze threads complaining about other golfers.   Before another member post yet another "who do you hate" type of thread, please do a search for similar topic, read all about it, and post something new and original.

• Upvote 1

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I voted for slow play but the other one that really gets on my nerves. These guys with these high dollar adjustable drivers who have to make an adjustment on every hole and then cant hit it out of their shadow! Just pick a loft and lie and play with it!

The guy who gives you no space

So you're taking your shot and he either drives or walks up and plops himself in right in front of you. Like close talkers. I understand if the teeing area is tight, but there's the whole golf course available to you. Give your partners some breathing room. I live in an high density population area although nothing like Hong Kong or Tokyo and even though I'm used to having no space, on a golf course, there's plenty of it and getting up close and personal where there's so much space. Come on.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Without a doubt the slow player, regardless of skill level.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I think slow golfers are the worst for the following reasons:

1 - Their slow play effects everyone.  You can't get into a rhythm.  I know for myself I start getting frustrated and that affects my game mentally, which in turns affects my game technically, and so forth.

2 - Most slow golfers usually have one of the other labels as well.  And of course this is their regular foursome every week.

3 - Most of the slow golfers I see are older (no offense) and have this sense of entitlement to play slow ("I've been a member here since 1940 so and so").

4 - Slow golfers spend Kevin Na time with their pre-shot routine yet never hit it straight.  They then analysis it for 2 - 3 minutes.  After that they walk to their cart, clean their club, inspect it, and put the head cover on.  then they get a drink and finally drive their cart to their next shot.

5 - Slow golfers in groups never play ready golf.  All three have to watch the 4ths shot and comment on it which delay's the shooters analysis segment adding an additional 3 - 4 minutes.

Trust me, I could go on and on since my local Muni has a lot of the above.

In my bag:

Driver: Covert Performance
Super Hybrid : :nike: 2H - 17* Covert Performance

Irons: :nike:Covert 4I - PW

Wedges: :nike:X3X Wedges (52*, 56*, 60*)

Putter: Method Core 1i

Ball: :nike:One RZN

Upgrading Always.

Originally Posted by jlewis74

I voted for slow play but the other one that really gets on my nerves. These guys with these high dollar adjustable drivers who have to make an adjustment on every hole and then cant hit it out of their shadow! Just pick a loft and lie and play with it!

Not trying to be the "rule guy".

This actually also puts them in the cheater category since you can't make club adjustments once the round has started.

In my bag:

Driver: Covert Performance
Super Hybrid : :nike: 2H - 17* Covert Performance

Irons: :nike:Covert 4I - PW

Wedges: :nike:X3X Wedges (52*, 56*, 60*)

Putter: Method Core 1i

Ball: :nike:One RZN

Upgrading Always.

The player who wants to play through when we're in the middle of the fairway, then insists on playing the hole we are on so he can show his stuff. Then ends up driving the ball right next to mine, and drives his cart up to the hole "looking" for his 437 yard drive. :-D In the latest case, the guy drove off the course. :-P That's what I get for letting someone play through on the same hole. Good thing he didn't hit either of us. Oversized egos would be my vote.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Originally Posted by Teamanglerx

Not trying to be the "rule guy".

This actually also puts them in the cheater category since you can't make club adjustments once the round has started.

Yeah they usually are not worried about the rules either!

Where does the "unsolicited advice-giver" fit into this poll?  Without that option, I suppose I'd vote for the slow golfer.

I just tune out distractions, for the most part.  I can easily ignore a person who talks too much.  And I don't really care if a guy is a wannabe pro. Do you. But the guy who wants to stop me before I swing and give me advice on the course about how to completely change my takeaway, that is annoying.  After the round I may be more interested in what you have to say, but now is not a good time.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Where does the "unsolicited advice-giver" fit into this poll?  Without that option, I suppose I'd vote for the slow golfer.

I just tune out distractions, for the most part.  I can easily ignore a person who talks too much.  And I don't really care if a guy is a wannabe pro.  Do you.  But the guy who wants to stop me before I swing and give me advice on the course about how to completely change my takeaway, that is annoying.  After the round I may be more interested in what you have to say, but now is not a good time.

There it is. I knew something was missing but I didn't think of it (mostly because all of the people I play with already know that I don't want to hear it). The ones I hate the worst are the ones that want to tell me what I did "wrong" on a bad shot even though it's the same thing I did on the last 10 good shots.

Funny that most of the unsolicited advice givers aren't even any good, but just want to repeat what they just read in Golf Digest . I usually tell them that once they get their own game under control, and can actually beat me, I might listen to them.

I played the last 3 days with 3 retired golf pros and not one of them ever had the urge to tell me what I was doing "wrong"...Even though I'm very sure they saw plenty.

Originally Posted by kw purp

There should be another. The Talker. The guy who talks constantly whether it be about golf, his family, his health, his wife's health, his kids, his job. After about 4 holes of this I started getting the urge say no one f******* cares. Completely ruins a round for me.

Someone in my Wednesday foursome is like this, but only about his golf game.   I could be standing there bleeding profusely and he would tell me how he crushed his drive.   Bonus round is when he gripes that he is playing terrible and going to shoot $xyz score, and it happens to be around what I am shooting that day.   Perfect when he says that totally sucks.

Completely oblivious guy.  I started saying "I'll pray for you" when he would complain about a shot.   After a few times he just glared at me.

Driver:  TaylorMade Burner 9.5 degree R Flex

3-Wood:  TaylorMade RocketBallz 15 Stiff flex

Hybrid:  Cobra Baffler 19 degree

Irons:  Cobra S2 irons  4-PW

Wedges:  52.08 Hogan, 56.14 Vokey and 60.07 Vokey

Putter:  1967 Muirfield Blade putter

i played a guy the other day who was a hybrid of almost all of the listed qualities.  he kept dispensing unsolicited "advice," most of which was either half- or totally wrong.  kept talking about what a great player he was.  when he'd miss a shot he'd get really mad, then when he'd calm down he'd start making excuses.  he never finished a putt inside of 4-5 feet.  he took a mulligan every four or five holes.  he played pretty fast, so i can't hold speed against him, but he was a very irritating golfer.

Originally Posted by mirv

i played a guy the other day who was a hybrid of almost all of the listed qualities.  he kept dispensing unsolicited "advice," most of which was either half- or totally wrong.  kept talking about what a great player he was.  when he'd miss a shot he'd get really mad, then when he'd calm down he'd start making excuses.  he never finished a putt inside of 4-5 feet.  he took a mulligan every four or five holes.  he played pretty fast, so i can't hold speed against him, but he was a very irritating golfer.

Sounds like you ran into a same crazy dude I did this weekend.

I was hitting at range and this guy was dispensing unsolicited advice to a couple next to me.  Not only that, he was telling why pros are hitting balls in certain way, etc..  When the couple left, he started giving me unsolicited advice (something I knew already).  The funny thing was, his swing form was just terrible.   In fact, I should be giving HIM advice . I told him rather curtly that I don't appreciate free advice.   He murmured for a few seconds and then left me alone.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Slow play bugs me but for the most part when I play it's super early in the morning (I like to try and be the first one out if I can) so myself and whoever I may be playing with (typically just me and 1 friend, can't even remember the last time I played as part of a foursome) can just charge along with nobody to hold us up.  Even if I'm keeping pace I get very tense when I look back at the tee and some 3 dudes tapping their feet... even though I doubt they're angry with me as I'm right on top of the guy in front... it makes me very nervous and I play bad.  So slow play bugs me but I avoid it at all costs by playing super early, or I'll go walk 9 holes after work around 6pm when it's just me and a couple other usually singles playing a nice easy practice 9.

What bothers me most though is actually those who don't play with any etiquette.  Just yesterday when I played I put my tee shot on a par 3 into the greenside bunker and my ball was buried in a DEEP footprint.  You could clearly see where someone else dug themselves in and played their shot and didn't bother to rake.  That angers me more than anything.  Because those are the people who don't replace divots, pick up their tees, fix their pitch marks...

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

Note: This thread is 2516 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!