IGNORED

2013 NFL Football

Golfingdad
Note: This thread is 3752 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Yet, Brett Farve won multiple superbowls doing the exact same thing, hmmm

Matt, c'mon. Throwing the INTs was Romo's fault. He audibled out AND made poor throws. And Favre won one Super Bowl.

I thought there'd be more talk of the broken jaw, but oh well.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No, he won one SB early in his career. I suggest you look up what Favre did in the playoffs the last decade or so of his career. He is another idiot who tried to rely on his arm a little too much. The one record he has that is untouchable is his interception record.

As a Vikings fan - can confirm... Favre = idiot. It still hurts to think about that last interception :cry:

In the Bag:
:titleist: 913 D3 - 9.5* - Diamana Stiff 62g
:mizuno: MP 64s 3-PW - DGS300
:cleveland: CG12 52* & 56*
:tmade: Rosa

Matt, c'mon. Throwing the INTs was Romo's fault. He audibled out AND made poor throws. And Favre won one Super Bowl.

Of course the INT was his fault. But it wasn't what lost them the game. That is a whole team effort, but to solely focus on Romo with a magnifying glass, and to clearly not give equal discussion to just how bad that defense is this year is absurd.

I know what Favre did in the playoffs. The point is that no one went and ripped him up with the same magnitude as Romo has gotten it the past 10 years.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Of course the INT was his fault. But it wasn't what lost them the game. That is a whole team effort, but to solely focus on Romo with a magnifying glass, and to clearly not give equal discussion to just how bad that defense is this year is absurd.

I know what Favre did in the playoffs. The point is that no one went and ripped him up with the same magnitude as Romo has gotten it the past 10 years.

I think you would be wrong there. Favre took a lot of heat in the last half of his career, and rightly so. But he had the SB in his pocket early and he was chasing a lot of records. If I recall correctly, most Green Bay fans were glad when they finally cut him loose. He was wearing thin.

The funny thing is, that one year in Minnesota may have been the best overall year of his career. But then, how did that season end?

Bill M

You're right, if the D did it's job Romo's bad audible and pass wouldn't have mattered.  That said, when you have the ball in the 4th quarter with 4 minutes left, your job as QB is to protect the ball and run down the clock.  Romo has consistently shown that in crunch time he lacks the ability to call the right play and make the required pass.

The entire 2nd half play calling was questionable imo, Murray was averaging 7+ yards per carry, why did they stop running the ball in the 2nd half?  I know Jones doesn't like Murray but it doesn't make sense to throw the ball with a 3 TD lead when you have a RB that is gaining 7+ yards a carry.  GB being down still ran more than the Cowboys in 2nd half, so imo, the Cowboy coaches and Romo should be fired.

Joe Paradiso

The broken jaw is imo the prime reason why punters and kickers should either wear full pads and helmets or just run off the field after they make a kick.  They have no business being out there without proper protection.

Joe Paradiso

You're right, if the D did it's job Romo's bad audible and pass wouldn't have mattered.  That said, when you have the ball in the 4th quarter with 4 minutes left, your job as QB is to protect the ball and run down the clock.  Romo has consistently shown that in crunch time he lacks the ability to call the right play and make the required pass.

The entire 2nd half play calling was questionable imo, Murray was averaging 7+ yards per carry, why did they stop running the ball in the 2nd half?  I know Jones doesn't like Murray but it doesn't make sense to throw the ball with a 3 TD lead when you have a RB that is gaining 7+ yards a carry.  GB being down still ran more than the Cowboys in 2nd half, so imo, the Cowboy coaches and Romo should be fired.

The bigger problem in Dallas is Jerry the Joke. He is the reconstructed face of the franchise. The coaches don't have any credibility in the locker room, IMO, because Jerry is always looking over their shoulder and the players know it. I kind of feel sorry for Garrett in that regard, but Jerry clearly doesn't like strong coaches and Garrett doesn't strike me as the strong type. Guys like Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcells took too much attention away from Jerry and had to go.

Bill M

The bigger problem in Dallas is Jerry the Joke. He is the reconstructed face of the franchise. The coaches don't have any credibility in the locker room, IMO, because Jerry is always looking over their shoulder and the players know it. I kind of feel sorry for Garrett in that regard, but Jerry clearly doesn't like strong coaches and Garrett doesn't strike me as the strong type. Guys like Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcells took too much attention away from Jerry and had to go.

I agree, but Jerry writes the checks so he can't be fired.  Garrett is a puppet but he's also not a good coach.  He got the job because Jones knew he could manipulate him and Garrett cashes the checks because he doesn't aspire to be more than a puppet.

Jerry is not much different from George Steinbrenner of the Yankees with the exception that Steinbrenner knew he had limitations and depended on having someone he trusted to manage the games.

Joe Paradiso

I never understood all the love that a guy like Favre got from the fans. He's the all time TD passer as well as the all time INT record holder. Dont those kind of cancel eachother out? Then when you hear football analysts say Peyton Manning needs to win another SB to be considered one of the all time greats because Manning's post season record is less than stellar. But these guys still fawn all over Brett Fav-ruh? I dont get it.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

I never understood all the love that a guy like Favre got from the fans. He's the all time TD passer as well as the all time INT record holder. Dont those kind of cancel eachother out? Then when you hear football analysts say Peyton Manning needs to win another SB to be considered one of the all time greats because Manning's post season record is less than stellar. But these guys still fawn all over Brett Fav-ruh? I dont get it.

As a former college linebacker, I hate almost all QB's, especially Dan Marino, Tom Brady and Jim Kelly.  I liked Jim McMahon (Da Bears) and Favre because they were tough and played the position more like a linebacker than a QB.  I like Peyton because he's an amazing play caller and student of the game.

Favre leads the leagues in TD's and INT's because he played so many games and never really had a running game to lean on.

If I had to pick a QB to start a franchise it would be Peyton Manning in his prime.

Joe Paradiso

Agreed there. Jerry does want a championship, but he needs to back off. When none of the players listen to the coach because he has no power, you will loose the players. Jerry needs to get his fingers out of the cookie jar. Hire a good GM, hire a good coach, and let them run the show. Jerry can't get past his ego.

Its because Favre did wrangler jeans commercials and looks more like a man, so he gets the perception of the western gunslinger, tough, never backing down.

Not really since an INT isn't worth a full TD statistically. If every INT in the history of the NFL was turned into a TD, then yes they would cancel out.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Quote:

Originally Posted by phan52

The bigger problem in Dallas is Jerry the Joke. He is the reconstructed face of the franchise. The coaches don't have any credibility in the locker room, IMO, because Jerry is always looking over their shoulder and the players know it. I kind of feel sorry for Garrett in that regard, but Jerry clearly doesn't like strong coaches and Garrett doesn't strike me as the strong type. Guys like Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcells took too much attention away from Jerry and had to go.

Originally Posted by newtogolf

I agree, but Jerry writes the checks so he can't be fired.  Garrett is a puppet but he's also not a good coach.  He got the job because Jones knew he could manipulate him and Garrett cashes the checks because he doesn't aspire to be more than a puppet.

Jerry is not much different from George Steinbrenner of the Yankees with the exception that Steinbrenner knew he had limitations and depended on having someone he trusted to manage the games.

Steinbrenner definitely hired some smart people to run his team, but he also was an owner in a sport where you can buy missing pieces. What d'ya need, pitching? How about Catfish Hunter or Roger Clemens. Hitting? How's Reggie Jackson or Tino Martinez fit into your lineup?

The salary cap hamstrings NFL owners in that regard so it takes somebody very savvy to figure that out. Jerry can't spend his way to success and it drives him crazy.

Bill M

• Administrator
Not really since an INT isn't worth a full TD statistically. If every INT in the history of the NFL was turned into a TD, then yes they would cancel out.

And unless a QB runs the ball into the end zone himself, or at least throws it to a receiver, a TD isn't a full TD either. A lot involve runs after the catch, and the receiver has to do some of the work too.

An INT, on the other hand, is 90% the QB (very few get tipped or are the result of the receiver running the wrong route or something).

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

And unless a QB runs the ball into the end zone himself, or at least throws it to a receiver, a TD isn't a full TD either. A lot involve runs after the catch, and the receiver has to do some of the work too.

I was thinking the same thing. Plus all of the plays by the other offensive and defensive players needed to get to that field position. It's somewhat analogous to a run in baseball. The amount of runs scored a player accumulates is somewhat indicative of their ability to get on base and better baserunners will generally score more runs, but the situation and the players around you have much more to do with it.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I agree with what Trent Dilfer said about Tony Romo when he compared him to Phil Mickelson before he started breaking through in majors. Lots of talent but always seemed to do something stupid in big situations.

That said, the Cowboys have much bigger problems than Romo. Put him on another team like maybe the Rams and he would probably do great. It would have probably been better for both the Cowboys and Romo if he had moved somewhere else already.

Its because Favre did wrangler jeans commercials and looks more like a man, so he gets the perception of the western gunslinger, tough, never backing down.

Yeah, it's very similar to how people worshipped Nolan Ryan.  He's 14th all-time in wins, and 1st all time in strikeouts.  But he's also 3rd all-time in losses, and 1st all-time in walks.  His stats speak to nothing more, really, than longevity.  Throw in his 7 no-hitters and he gets this god-like aura around him, when, really, he wasn't all that great.

• Administrator

Yeah, it's very similar to how people worshipped Nolan Ryan.  He's 14th all-time in wins, and 1st all time in strikeouts.  But he's also 3rd all-time in losses, and 1st all-time in walks.  His stats speak to nothing more, really, than longevity.  Throw in his 7 no-hitters and he gets this god-like aura around him, when, really, he wasn't all that great.

Plus all you ever see of him these days are the occasional commercial for OTC pain relief medication. *****. :-)

Then he is an idiot.

Isn't that redundant when speaking of Romo?

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

Note: This thread is 3752 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!