IGNORED

2013 BMW Championship Discussion Thread

colin007
Note: This thread is 3839 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

When I first looked at shot tracker, he was over the green in 2, on in 4 with 2 chips and 2 putts for 6.  Now his 3rd shot is a penalty stroke and there is no description of his 4 making his 1st chip his 5th shot as opposed to his 3rd.  So maybe a 2 stroke penalty for TW

Here is the video of the "double bogey"

http://www.pgatour.com/video.html/2013/09/13/woods-double-bogeys-no--1-in-round-2-of-the-bmw-championship

sounds like his ball moved without him being aware of it

http://golfweek.com/news/2013/sep/13/pga-tour-live-blog-tiger-woods-tracker-bmw-rd-2/

Remind me why that is a 2 stroke penalty instead of a single shot?

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

• Administrator
Remind me why that is a 2 stroke penalty instead of a single shot?

Look it up yourself.

When does ski season start again?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No way the PGA would have penalized him five years ago. I guess the Tiger teflon has finally been cracked. Probably good for the game that he is now held to the same rules.

• Administrator
No way the PGA would have penalized him five years ago.

Yes he would have.

Since apparently we can just state things as if they're fact now, where does that leave us? Exactly.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yes he would have.

Since apparently we can just state things as if they're fact now, where does that leave us? Exactly.

If you believe that, I envy you.

• Administrator
If you believe that, I envy you.

And I feel sorry for you given what you said. It must be depressing to have such a cynical, sour view of the world.

Does this 59 really equal the three 59s shot on par 72 courses?

I would say yes.

Par really doesn't mean a whole lot anyways because they can call it whatever they want.  There are routinely par 4's out there these days that are over 500 yards.  I tried doing a search and Duval's 59 came at the Palmer course in the Hope tournament, and even at par 72, it's still under 7,000 yards.  Chip Beck's came at a course that was apparently really easy with no rough, although I couldn't locate the yardage.  This course today (according to their website) is over 7200 from the back.

Tiger moved a stick, and in response his ball dropped. It clearly moved, but did not move back i.e. oscillate. This is a two stroke penalty. The Golf Channel reported that Tiger did not impose the penalty on himself, they showed him the film and assessed the penalty to him. He claimed he thought the ball oscillated.

Sheesh. I have lousy vision and could easily see the ball move (but not move back) in the video, and Tiger was right on top of his ball and he claims he thought it oscillated? Why am I skeptical? Oh well, I'll just have to put in the "metric" and tally this all up that way. :-D

Here is the video of the "double bogey"   [URL=http://www.pgatour.com/video.html/2013/09/13/woods-double-bogeys-no--1-in-round-2-of-the-bmw-championship]http://www.pgatour.com/video.html/2013/09/13/woods-double-bogeys-no--1-in-round-2-of-the-bmw-championship[/URL] sounds like his ball moved without him being aware of it [URL=http://golfweek.com/news/2013/sep/13/pga-tour-live-blog-tiger-woods-tracker-bmw-rd-2/]http://golfweek.com/news/2013/sep/13/pga-tour-live-blog-tiger-woods-tracker-bmw-rd-2/[/URL] Remind me why that is a 2 stroke penalty instead of a single shot?

It should be a one stroke penalty. Having to play with Sergio tomorrow makes up for the second stroke.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

No way the PGA would have penalized him five years ago. I guess the Tiger teflon has finally been cracked. Probably good for the game that he is now held to the same rules.

If you believe that, I pity you.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

He might not have gotten caught on video five years ago, but if he was, he'd have been penalized.

Joe Paradiso

I wonder how many other players get the video penalties... lol. Oh that's right, nobody watches them like they do Tiger... [quote name="newtogolf" url="/t/69932/2013-bmw-championship-discussion-thread/60#post_896972"] He might not have gotten caught on video five years ago, but if he was, he'd have been penalized. [/quote]

Tiger moved a stick, and in response his ball dropped. It clearly moved, but did not move back i.e. oscillate. This is a two stroke penalty. The Golf Channel reported that Tiger did not impose the penalty on himself, they showed him the film and assessed the penalty to him. He claimed he thought the ball oscillated.

Sheesh. I have lousy vision and could easily see the ball move (but not move back) in the video, and Tiger was right on top of his ball and he claims he thought it oscillated? Why am I skeptical? Oh well, I'll just have to put in the "metric" and tally this all up that way.

It's very possible Tiger saw it and tried to get away with one, but it's also possible he was focused on the stick and didn't notice the ball moved about 1/4 of an inch.  I am more surprised there wasn't a rules official around watching him as he moved the brush around his ball.  I'm sure Miceli will be calling for him to be disqualified for signing an incorrect score card tomorrow.

Joe Paradiso

Sheesh. I have lousy vision and could easily see the ball move (but not move back) in the video, and Tiger was right on top of his ball and he claims he thought it oscillated? Why am I skeptical? Oh well, I'll just have to put in the "metric" and tally this all up that way.

Pretty sure it's a one stroke penalty (at that point). The other stroke was because he played it without replacing it.

No reason at all to think that somebody with as many cameras on him as Tiger Woods would try to get away with something and risk further penalty.

Note: This thread is 3839 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!