Sign in to follow this  
Stretch

Sean Foley Interview with Peter Mansbridge (Canadian anchor)

Note: This thread is 2000 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

13 posts / 1523 viewsLast Reply

I enjoyed this. Didn't seem to fit into any particular existing thread but if the Mods feel it should be somewhere else, please go ahead.

http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/TV%20Shows/Mansbridge%20One%20on%20One/ID/2407747970/

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

I was distracted by the short haircut...

Look, I think Sean has taken great talent, and I don't really know if his players have under or over-performed.

I think Tiger has underperformed, and believe Westwood and Rose are in the higher echelons, but haven't won as much as one might expect with "better" coaching. Yes, he raised their games, but perhaps their short games and mental games are lacking. The jury is out.

Sean also tends to use $100 words/phrases that can distract from his message.

I enjoyed this. Didn't seem to fit into any particular existing thread but if the Mods feel it should be somewhere else, please go ahead. [URL=http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/TV%20Shows/Mansbridge%20One%20on%20One/ID/2407747970/]http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/TV%20Shows/Mansbridge%20One%20on%20One/ID/2407747970/[/URL]

Might have to add "Myelin" to the title somewhere.

Thought I'd seen this interview before. Merged into a thread from a few months ago. (But I stole @nevets88 's title.)

As much as I don't want to like Foley, I can't help but like him when I see an interview like this.  He comes off pretty grounded, especially when he acknowledges that Tiger, Scott and Mahan came to him developed and doesn't want to take credit for their success.  Compare his position to Haney who felt the need to write an entire book so he could take credit for Tiger's success.

It's good that he reminds us that a 62 is an outlier and that 70 is average.  I often consider a guy that shoots 62 then 70 having choked when in reality he might not have.  I also like how he re-enforced what Dave was saying in his thread about aiming for the center of the green.  If the best pro on tour averages 25' to the flag from 150 yards out, what chance do I have, especially if the flag is tucked away in the corner of the green?

I think overall he's good for golf, especially the work he's doing with kids.

I was distracted by the short haircut...

i know this was from last year but why is his haircut distracting?  when i had hair i used to keep it much shorter than that.

i know this was from last year but why is his haircut distracting?  when i had hair i used to keep it much shorter than that.

The sides are even shorter than my mid-60's flat top.... :-D

Note: This thread is 2000 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this