IGNORED

The Films and Movies Thread

iacas

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

I will have to watch it. If you liked that, watch Free Solo. 

The Rescue is made by the Free Solo crew and is really good. Disney+

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
RT_TwitterCard_2018.jpg

Native islander Matt King (George Clooney) lives with his family in Hawaii. Their world shatters when a tragic accident leaves his wife in a coma. Not only must Matt struggle with the stipulation in his wife's will that she be...

Much better than I thought. Lipped out birdie, tap-in par. It wasn't exactly exciting, or worth a re-watch, but it was very "real."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The Rescue, eagle. I barely followed the event (16 or was 18 who got stuck in a flooded cave in Thailand) in real time, just knew they got out safely, but this movie covers everything in detail from the pov of the divers from the UK and head coordinators. While Free Solo was entirely shot in high resolution, some of the grainy coverage took away from the viewing experience, but I don't fault the filmmakers for that. They did what they could with what they had. Every question I had on the details of the experience from most angles, were answered, how they got on without food, how it must have stank in there, the drugs they used, how flooding effects the cave system, etc... I suspect it will be very hard for most to watch this without getting dusty. Really inspiring stuff. Netflix I think got the rights to the story of the Wild Boars football team, not sure if all of them or a few, but curious to hear what they have to say from their end. You could appropriately title it, The Rescued.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

King Richard

Birdie. This was better than I expected. I thought it was going to be all about the dad, and a lot was about him, but also about Venus and Serena and the rest of the family.

• Administrator
RT_TwitterCard_2018.jpg

Based on the true story, AMERICAN TRAITOR: THE TRIAL OF AXIS SALLY follows the life of American woman Mildred Gillars (Meadow Williams) and her lawyer (Al Pacino), who struggles to redeem her reputation. Dubbed

Bogey. Slow, for really no reason. It wasn't a court drama, it wasn't a historic story… It wasn't much of anything. I think it deserves a higher score than it has on RT, but…

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

Just went to see the new Spider-Man Movie. I give it a tap in eagle. It was very well done. For 2.5 hours it didn’t lag at all. It was emotional, action packed, lots of fan service, funny. I super enjoyed this movie. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Just went to see the new Spider-Man Movie. I give it a tap in eagle. It was very well done. For 2.5 hours it didn’t lag at all. It was emotional, action packed, lots of fan service, funny. I super enjoyed this movie. 

I've heard really good things about it.

• Administrator

1917, par. Nothing special, IMO. Well-made, and really conveys an aspect of war that's not always seen but "feels" real (having never been in war myself). But… just… par.

• Administrator

Broken Arrow, bogey. It wasn't even as good as I remembered it being. 😛

I'd also forgotten how many helicopters were destroyed in this movie.

Matrix Resurrection.  Bogey.

Perhaps it's because the movie was trying too hard to establish a reason for having the 4th installment of Matrix movie.  I thought the third one was bad also.

Edited by Yukari

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

33 minutes ago, Yukari said:

Matrix Resurrection.  Bogey.

Perhaps it's because the movie was trying too hard to establish a reason for having the 4th installment of Matrix movie.  I thought the third one was bad also.

I agree. Was excited for this, sadly a huge disappointment. I would even go lip out double bogey. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

• Administrator

Go! or Go Karts! (it seems to have different titles in different regions), I give a birdie. The story is predictable, and the acting is okay, but it felt genuine and warm. I enjoyed watching it.

80% and 62% on Rotten Tomatoes. I watched it on Netflix.

• Administrator

Spread, a 2009 movie with Ashton Kutcher and Anne Heche. Double bogey. Except for the numerous sex scenes (Anne Heche has always had a pretty good bod, and I'm sure women would say the same about Ashton), the plot lines are thin and the character development nothing. Ashton's character is either a complete moron, or the show doesn't earn its plot points at all. He gives up being a sugar baby as soon as he gets in the situation just to screw another chick, and he falls in love with another girl after barely spending much time with her, who ultimately marries someone whose family owns the NY Rangers.

Blah.

Next, bogey. A Nicolas Cage movie with no real substance and not the best acting. Not as much action as you'd hope for to cover up from the rest of the errors, but not the worst way to spend 90 minutes.

On 12/18/2021 at 1:15 PM, saevel25 said:

Likewise, easily an eagle for me.   

Corey

I am waiting for the new Spider-Man movie to stream before I watch.  

I prefer not to be in public indoors, if at all possible.  I have both Disney+ (6 months free) and HBO Max+ (comes free with my AT&T), so I watch most of my movies there or Amazon Prime or Apple TV+ (1 year free for purchasing iPad in April).

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Don’t Look Up:

Birdie. I love DiCaprio’s acting. This movie has enough humor and still being able to maintain a dark satirical look at society. 

Edited by Vinsk

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Don’t Look Up:

Birdie. I love DiCaprio’s acting. This movie has enough humor and still being able to maintain a dark satirical look at society. 

About to watch that movie later tonight. 😄