IGNORED

The Films and Movies Thread

iacas

Too bad it's not doing as well at the box office as it's been reviewed. Gotta give TC credit for choosing great sci movies.

I'll wait until I rewatch it a few times, but upon first impression it's amongst my favorite TC movies, The Last Samurai and Minority Report.

Edge Of Tomorrow has it's flaws, for sure, but for the most part its a very solid film.  The worst part of it for me was a slightly forced romance near the end.

Corey

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'll wait until I rewatch it a few times, but upon first impression it's amongst my favorite TC movies, The Last Samurai and Minority Report. Edge Of Tomorrow has it's flaws, for sure, but for the most part its a very solid film.  The worst part of it for me was a slightly forced romance near the end.

How hot was Emily Blunt? That scene where she's stretching in that yoga outfit? Yikes...

Colin P.

How hot was Emily Blunt? That scene where she's stretching in that yoga outfit? Yikes...

That's the problem. She had too much clothing on. :-)

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Blunt was good in that sci fi movie with Matt Damon and Roger Sterling from Mad Men. I liked those outfits better. :-)

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Blunt was good in that sci fi movie with Matt Damon and Roger Sterling from Mad Men. I liked those outfits better. :-)

The Adjustment Bureau? Really? I so wanted to like that movie, I love both Damon and Blunt but I just could not get into it.

Colin P.

The Adjustment Bureau? Really? I so wanted to like that movie, I love both Damon and Blunt but I just could not get into it.

I meant her outfits & decolletage in that movie.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

The Raid 2 - Birdie. Saw this awhile ago but found this on YT, check out this fight scene. If anyone here is squeamish, it's pretty darn violent.

I love me some hammer lady...

Steve

Also finally saw the original Godzilla, in Japanese with subtitles (Criterion Collection) - I heard it was good, but I have to admit, I liked it better than 2014 Godzilla, with all the special effects. Great writing. Birdie.

Steve

Under The Skin-  Definite birdie, but you have to have a really open mind and like bizarre, way out there stuff.  I hate to say it, but it's worth it just for Scarlett's first ever full frontal.  Good film.

Men In Black gets a birdie because it's so re-watchable.  Every time it's on AMC (or Bravo, or USA, or whatever) and there is nothing else good on, it is a perfect stop for the remote.

How does Vincent D'Onofrio not get an Oscar nomination for that performance?? (Not kidding BTW) ;-)

How does Vincent D'Onofrio not get an Oscar nomination for that performance?? (Not kidding BTW)

I actually do a pretty mean impersonation of that character :-D

Constantine

X-Men future of past or something - Birdie I loved the opening seen so much and set the tone for the rest of the movie.. Those sentinels and how they were killing off mutents was great! I didn't expect the part of the sending back in time, but it was cool! The sentinel reminded me of the one in The first Thore if any of you remember, and now I'm not sure who stole it from who.. I mean these things were in all the xmen cartoons so yeah.. A few other really cool scenes... A pretty interesting plot and a lot of questions left unanswered but almost in a good way! Must see in my opinion!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

X-Men future of past or something - Birdie I loved the opening seen so much and set the tone for the rest of the movie.. Those sentinels and how they were killing off mutents was great! I didn't expect the part of the sending back in time, but it was cool! The sentinel reminded me of the one in The first Thore if any of you remember, and now I'm not sure who stole it from who.. I mean these things were in all the xmen cartoons so yeah.. A few other really cool scenes... A pretty interesting plot and a lot of questions left unanswered but almost in a good way! Must see in my opinion!

That Quicksilver scene was awesome. The song fit perfectly as well. Looking forward to the ape movie and especially Boyhood.

Steve

Looking forward to the ape movie and especially Boyhood.

Same for both movies.

Plus I'm a big Richard Linklater fan. Boyhood got incredible reviews.

Constantine

Same for both movies.  Plus I'm a big Richard Linklater fan. Boyhood got incredible reviews.

Before Sunrise, Sunset and Midnight are my favorites. Lost count of how many times I've seen them. Waking Life and A Scanner Darkly too.

Steve