IGNORED

The Films and Movies Thread

iacas

I'm officially excited. The new Godzilla and The Monarch series.

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 Fairway  :titleist: TSR 4 Hy. T-300 5-PW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:scotty_cameron: Newport Select 2 (2022 model) 

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 months later...

I am a big Miyazaki fan. I just watched the The Boy and the Heron. I give it a tap in birdie. Just a solid Miyazaki movie that hits all his classic themes. If you like these movies, I highly recommend. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Barbie, par. I think my expectations were a bit too high going in. The movie was funny, entertaining, but didn't quite make the social commentary I thought it could have, largely because I felt it was too over the top. I feel like if you exaggerate something so much (and I'm not saying it's WAY out there, because to women especially it probably feels a lot closer to the truth than it does to me), it's easier to reject.

Also, while my sister had a Barbie and a Ken and some of the other things, I didn't know anything about Alan, barely knew anything about Skipper, etc.

But, good.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Thinking about seeing Wonka but may wait for it to stream.  My guess is it may not need the “Big Screen”.

anyone seen it yet?

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

• Administrator

trilogy.jpeg

Agree? Disagree?

(The image isn't mine.)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Currently watching the latest Indiana Jones on OTT.  Will probably wind up watching it over many days.  Looks interesting so far

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Disagree on three: 

IMHO

1) Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2) the best of the three. 

2) Mad Max Fury Road (3rd) best. 

3) Batman 3rd not that bad. 

Rest, loosely agree. 

Vishal S.

Jaws 2&3 should be negative and in RED.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

39 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Disagree on three: 

IMHO

1) Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2) the best of the three. 

2) Mad Max Fury Road (3rd) best. 

3) Batman 3rd not that bad. 

Rest, loosely agree. 

1 - They may be talking about the original three.

2 - Fury Road is the 4th movie. 1)Mad Max, 2)The Road Warrior, 3)Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome, 4)Fury Road. 

3 - If they are talking about the Nolan Batmans than IMO the second one was the best. The third one was an embarrassment and Christopher Nolan should refund anyone's money who paid for that P.O.S. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

59 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

1 - They may be talking about the original three.

2 - Fury Road is the 4th movie. 1)Mad Max, 2)The Road Warrior, 3)Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome, 4)Fury Road. 

3 - If they are talking about the Nolan Batmans than IMO the second one was the best. The third one was an embarrassment and Christopher Nolan should refund anyone's money who paid for that P.O.S. 

1. Hmm. Yah, could be. 

2. Okay, I guess then it's a 'quadrilogy'. My selection stands. 

3. Batman Rises? Not so bad. Was it the year 2013 when you watched it by any chance?  

Vishal S.

1 minute ago, GolfLug said:

3. Batman Rises? Not so bad. Was it the year 2013 when you watched it by any chance?  

Ha, Nice! 
Way to reference another thread. 👍

1 hour ago, colin007 said:

All the Lord if the Rings movies are zeros

I enjoyed them, prefer the book but movies were good in my opinion

Stuart M.

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

3 hours ago, pganapathy said:

Currently watching the latest Indiana Jones on OTT.  Will probably wind up watching it over many days.  Looks interesting so far

I watched Dial of Destiny recently, felt it was good & traditional Indian Jones.  Much better than Temple of Doom (worst in my opinion) and better than Crystal Skull.  Not as good as Last Crusade or Raiders.

4 hours ago, iacas said:

trilogy.jpeg

Agree? Disagree?

(The image isn't mine.)

I think Indiana Jones Temple of doom, 2nd in series, was crap and not close the #1 or #3

Stuart M.

14 hours ago, colin007 said:

All the Lord if the Rings movies are zeros

IMG_1027.jpeg

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

17 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Jaws 2&3 should be negative and in RED.

100% . Although brown would be the correct colour!

Stevie T

23 hours ago, iacas said:

trilogy.jpeg

Agree? Disagree?

I'll assume the top is a 10 and the bottom is a 0. 

1. Star Wars: I think 5 & 6 are better than 4, but all are up there. Something like 7, 9, 8
  2. Indiana Jones, Temple of Doom is mediocre. Something like 9, 5, 9. 
  3. Matrix, spot on. Though, I can shut off my brain and just enjoy movies that are entertaining. So, I did have a good experience watching the 2nd and 3rd Matrix. Objectively, they are not good. 
  4. Superman, I haven't seen these movies in probably 20+ years. 
  5. Star Trek, probably like 5, 9, 7. 
  6. Jurassic Park, that is probably correct, but I would put the OG at like a 9.
  7. X-Men, I would agree with that. 
  8. Spiderman, I agree. Though, I might rank #1 a bit higher. 
  9. LOTR, I would rank TT and ROTK slightly better than FOTR. Probably 7, 8, 8.
  10. Mad Max, I have not watched these yet. On the list. 
  11. Jaws, I would probably give #2 and #3 zeros. Just bad. 
  12. Back to the Future, I think I enjoy #1 and #3 more than two, but I think #3 is maybe too cheesy. Yea, probably correct. 
  13. Die Hard, I would rank the original much better than the next two. #2 and #3 are good. Something like 9, 7, 7. 
  14. Blade, I will have to rewatch these again. I thought Blade 1 was better than Blade 2. Blade 3 was pretty bad. 
  15. Planet of the Apes, I dislike these movies. Give them all like <2.  
  16. Godfather, I agree.
  17. Rocky, I agree.
  18. Terminator, I agree.
  19. Rambo, I've only seen the first one. 
  20. Batman, which trilogy? The OG or the Nolan movies? The original, probably an 8, 6, 3. If the Nolan movies, then probably an 8, 9, 7.
  21. Alien, I agree.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

I'll assume the top is a 10 and the bottom is a 0. 

1. Star Wars: I think 5 & 6 are better than 4, but all are up there. Something like 7, 9, 8
  2. Indiana Jones, Temple of Doom is mediocre. Something like 9, 5, 9. 
  3. Matrix, spot on. Though, I can shut off my brain and just enjoy movies that are entertaining. So, I did have a good experience watching the 2nd and 3rd Matrix. Objectively, they are not good. 
  4. Superman, I haven't seen these movies in probably 20+ years. 
  5. Star Trek, probably like 5, 9, 7. 
  6. Jurassic Park, that is probably correct, but I would put the OG at like a 9.
  7. X-Men, I would agree with that. 
  8. Spiderman, I agree. Though, I might rank #1 a bit higher. 
  9. LOTR, I would rank TT and ROTK slightly better than FOTR. Probably 7, 8, 8.
  10. Mad Max, I have not watched these yet. On the list. 
  11. Jaws, I would probably give #2 and #3 zeros. Just bad. 
  12. Back to the Future, I think I enjoy #1 and #3 more than two, but I think #3 is maybe too cheesy. Yea, probably correct. 
  13. Die Hard, I would rank the original much better than the next two. #2 and #3 are good. Something like 9, 7, 7. 
  14. Blade, I will have to rewatch these again. I thought Blade 1 was better than Blade 2. Blade 3 was pretty bad. 
  15. Planet of the Apes, I dislike these movies. Give them all like <2.  
  16. Godfather, I agree.
  17. Rocky, I agree.
  18. Terminator, I agree.
  19. Rambo, I've only seen the first one. 
  20. Batman, which trilogy? The OG or the Nolan movies? The original, probably an 8, 6, 3. If the Nolan movies, then probably an 8, 9, 7.
  21. Alien, I agree.

@saevel25 There's a lot in your list I'd agree with. 

Here's my humble additions/suggestions.

4 - Who watches Superman movies? ... Not sure why, but I have no interest. 

6 - Jurassic Park. You nailed it. The OG is by far better than the rest. 

10 - Mad Max. I'd go 7, 9, 7, 10 ... if you'll allow Fury Road to be added in as a fourth. Love me some Fury Road. 

11 - Jaws, you are being to kind to Jaws 3... Honestly should be like -5 or something. 

14 - I'm the wrong guy to ask on this. I love Blade movies. 9, 10, 7 for me.... but I realize that I'm way biased. 

15 - You nailed the Planet of the Apes thing. Ding!

20 - I like your 8, 6, 3 for the original trilogy. 8, 6, 3, 1 if we can include the forth one. If it's the Nolan movies. I'd go 8, 9, 1. That third movie is crap. 

On all else, we are in agreement.