IGNORED

The Films and Movies Thread

iacas

Watched a ton of stuff since John Wick.

The November Man - birdie.

Miss Meadows - par.

Predestination - eagle.

The Guest - par (on track for an eagle but went full retard in the last 15-20 minutes)

Dracula Untold - birdie.

The Losers - bogey.

Lucy - par.

A Million Ways to Die in the West - bogey.

Guardians of the Galaxy - par (woulda been a bogey but the soundtrack saved it).

Fury - birdie.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (new one) - par.

Hercules (The Rock) - par.

Sex Tape - bogey.

Bad Neighbors - birdie.

Expendables 3 - bogey.

From the franchise that bought us: "I'll be back." And "Come with me if you want to live." Why does Arnie have gray hair? He's the Terminator!

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Supercut overview of 2014 movies. I see Whiplash, The Lego Movie and Guardians in the still.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

From the franchise that bought us: "I'll be back." And "Come with me if you want to live." Why does Arnie have gray hair? He's the Terminator!

You may have found out but he has grey hair because his skin can still age. Mostly to help the fact that Arnold is 20 years older than he was in T2. They are retconning the franchise, so Arnie went back to save Sarah Connor when she was a kid and ended up raising her.

Saw Exodus: Gods and Kings last night, I give it a bogey. Some of the action and landscape scenes were good but I thought the characters were kind of dull and the supporting cast wasn't used effectively. Also felt it was trying too hard to be "epic" without having enough character development/motivation scenes to back it up.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Went and saw Saint Vincent the other day.  Eagle

Watched Defiance on Netflix probably a Par

Don

Took up golf late in life with a lot to catch up. 

The One I Love is on Netflix now. Birdie. Great gem of a relationship mind bendy dramedy on what you want from a life partner.

hey @nevets88 this looks really interesting, anything else you can add?

Colin P.

[QUOTE name="nevets88" url="/t/70277/the-films-and-movies-thread/486#post_1081359"]   The One I Love is on Netflix now. Birdie. Great gem of a relationship mind bendy dramedy on what you want from a life partner. [/QUOTE] hey @nevets88 this looks really interesting, anything else you can add?

It's a little science fiction-y. I'm not spoiling the plot by saying they encounter their doubles and it's fun watching them deal with it. Ted Danson has a funny part in it.

Steve

We watched a good movie on Amazon Prime the other day called Nebraska.

Stars Bruce Dern and Wil Forte.

It started a little slow but just builded to let you really see the characters as it went along.

Definitely a good one.

Don

Took up golf late in life with a lot to catch up. 

The One I Love gets a birdie from me. I enjoy movies that are a little mind bendy and you have no idea how things will end. Very Charlie Kaufman-esque.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Sounds awesome. I LOVE sci-fi-ish stuff that isn't all out sci-fi. Y'all seen Safety Not Guaranteed? Edit- I just checked and it's by the same guy, Mark Duplass

Colin P.

Sounds awesome. I LOVE sci-fi-ish stuff that isn't all out sci-fi. Y'all seen Safety Not Guaranteed? Edit- I just checked and it's by the same guy, Mark Duplass

Yep, same guy. Same mind bendy scale.

Steve

Ida (EEEda) - OK, this is totally different than what I usually recommend here, it's a foreign film, subtitled, B&W;, slow paced, nothing gets blown up, no science fiction, but I was totally entranced by this movie. It's about an orphan raised in a convent who's about to take her vows, learns some life changing things about herself and her family, deals with it. A look into post WWII Europe, religion and communism. Tap in birdie. It's on Netflix.

Also, I'd suggest *NOT* watching the trailer, go in cold. This is probably going to be an Oscar nominee.

Steve

Watched First Blood this morning. Hadn't seen it in ages. I liked it. The final showdown has one of Stallones' better dialogue scenes. Easy par.

Corey

Fury- eagle. Pitt delivers. Like Redford as he has aged he looks more rugged and is believable in this role. The tightness and bond of a small unit warts and all is portrayed well.

Fury- eagle. Pitt delivers. Like Redford as he has aged he looks more rugged and is believable in this role. The tightness and bond of a small unit warts and all is portrayed well.

Those tracers of the shells fired from the tanks and bullets from the machine guns during the tank battle were epic. Really gives you a feel of what it was like to be there, if that was an accurate depiction. It was almost like laser beams.

That scene in the room with the two German women. Tense.

Steve

• Administrator

Watched Good Will Hunting again last night.

Still rates as a birdie.

I might have liked to have a little more depth to the relationship between Lambeau and Maguire. Did Maguire give up math to go into psychology?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Watched Good Will Hunting again last night.

Still rates as a birdie.

I might have liked to have a little more depth to the relationship between Lambeau and Maguire. Did Maguire give up math to go into psychology?

IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT! IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT! IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT!

Steve