IGNORED

Political Correctness - How Far Should it Go? Should the Washington Redskins change their name?

newtogolf
Note: This thread is 3605 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should the owners of the Redskins, Blackhawks, Indians be forced to change their teams name?

• Yes, it's insensitive to American Indians
    • No, it's a non-issue
    • Who cares, this is a golf forum

Government is supposed to be there to protect the rights of people who otherwise could not do so.

Lol

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No, I just could come up with 5 - 10 other issues off the top of my head that are more critical for our leaders to be focused on.

Agreed, but this one did not cost that much and they need to live with it in their own city. It's kind of hypocritical to be fighting for the rights of all individuals and having something that hurts some people in your own backyard.

When I visit China, many people ask me if I have the same rights as people of European descent? I just say "Of course!", and they look unconvinced. Stuff like this does make bad impressions to many outsiders, and gives fuel to many anti-US movements all over the world.

We need to clean up our own backyard if were going to convince other people that our way is the right way.

• Upvote 1

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

No, I just could come up with 5 - 10 other issues off the top of my head that are more critical for our leaders to be focused on.

Keeping in mind that I am stipulating that your assertion (accusation???) that Obsma was involved is true ... Exactly how long do you think a phone call to the patent office to say "do the right thing" would take? 20 seconds? 2 minutes perhaps if he talked really slow and maybe shot the breeze about the NBA? So what 5 to 10 things could he have accomplished in that time? Photo op with a Girl Scout? Phone call to Martin Kaymer or Clint Dempsey? It is a ridiculous argument to say that government is only allowed to do one thing at a time.

Agreed, but this one did not cost that much and they need to live with it in their own city. It's kind of hypocritical to be fighting for the rights of all individuals and having something that hurts some people in your own backyard. When I visit China, many people ask me if I have the same rights as people of European descent? I just say "Of course!", and they look unconvinced. Stuff like this does make bad impressions to many outsiders, and gives fuel to many anti-US movements all over the world. We need to clean up our own backyard if were going to convince other people that our way is the right way.

1st. Anti-US sentiment is fueled by 2 things: pure hatred of our Judeo-Christian heritage and jealousy. 2nd. We are the most free nation that has ever existed which is why millions the world over try to come here, illegally or otherwise.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

I really do not mean to be a jerk but these comments are just so uninformed that they are nonsensical.  I mean, which of those 5 or 10 issues are within the jurisdiction of the PTO?  In other words, if the PTO wasn't deciding this case-- which is one of the main purposes of the PTO --do you think they'd be securing the Border to protect us against the imminent invasion @Gunther warned us about?

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Keeping in mind that I am stipulating that your assertion (accusation???) that Obsma was involved is true ... Exactly how long do you think a phone call to the patent office to say "do the right thing" would take? 20 seconds? 2 minutes perhaps if he talked really slow and maybe shot the breeze about the NBA? So what 5 to 10 things could he have accomplished in that time? Photo op with a Girl Scout? Phone call to Martin Kaymer or Clint Dempsey? It is a ridiculous argument to say that government is only allowed to do one thing at a time.

Agreed, the problem is the multitude of things they're doing are the least important. That's the point.

There are

Quote:

Originally Posted by newtogolf

I really do not mean to be a jerk but these comments are just so uninformed that they are nonsensical.  I mean, which of those 5 or 10 issues are within the jurisdiction of the PTO?  In other words, if the PTO wasn't deciding this case--which is one of the main purposes of the PTO--do you think they'd be securing the Border to protect us against the imminent invasion @Gunther warned us about?

I assume the insinuation (correct me @newtogolf if I assume wrong) is that maybe less people should work for the PTO and more for the other areas???

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I really do not mean to be a jerk but these comments are just so uninformed that they are nonsensical.  I mean, which of those 5 or 10 issues are within the jurisdiction of the PTO?  In other words, if the PTO wasn't deciding this case-- which is one of the main purposes of the PTO --do you think they'd be securing the Border to protect us against the imminent invasion @Gunther warned us about?

Not imminent - underway.

Everybody, quick!!! Get to your bunker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just quit my job and picked up a shovel from Home Depot to start building one. See you on the other side, suckers!

EDIT: Wait, I AM in a bunker. I'm in Cleveland... who the hell wants to come here, let alone take it over? (I keed, I keed... :beer: )

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunther

Not imminent - underway.

Naah.  Us northerners will just let you Cali boys be the shield.... :-P

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I see the humor but can't share in it. I take this shit way too seriously, I know. This is why I stayed away from all news for about 4 years, it was wonderful. But over past few, I haven't been able to escape it. Anyway, I'll try to lighten up...until the next disaster.

I assume the insinuation (correct me @newtogolf if I assume wrong) is that maybe less people should work for the PTO and more for the other areas???

That wouldn't make any more sense.  Patents and trademarks are extremely important to our economy.

You're closest.  Please put up a good fight so they don't make it to us on east coast.

This reminds of the time I had to deal with sovereign citizens for something work related.  I remember one guy telling me about a huge march on washington that was occurring that day, with millions of people, and how Obama was shutting down the city and not letting anyone in.  I didn't have the heart to tell him that as he explained this to me, I was sitting my in office in DC, having gotten to work just fine, and that I was looking out my window and didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

I see the humor but can't share in it. I take this shit way too seriously, I know. This is why I stayed away from all news for about 4 years, it was wonderful. But over past few, I haven't been able to escape it. Anyway, I'll try to lighten up...until the next disaster.

I always said that they best way to become an expert on something is to ignore it.

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

1st. Anti-US sentiment is fueled by 2 things: pure hatred of our Judeo-Christian heritage and jealousy.

2nd. We are the most free nation that has ever existed which is why millions the world over try to come here, illegally or otherwise.

Actually, my dad's family came over because my grandfather's parents were killed in a rebellion in Myanmar and he and his brother were then raised by Jesuits. They came to the states to attend university thanks to the Jesuits who raised them, and went back to China. My dad came to this country to attend university to avoid getting killed in a political struggle in Taiwan that killed his older brother.

Most people feel the same way about their cultures and heritage. Mexico is not the border that needs to be sealed. Most Mexicans are happy in Mexico. There is a large influx of Central Americans going to Mexico because they are running away from problems introduced to their countries in the mid-1980s, that destabilized their economies to below poverty levels.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I really do not mean to be a jerk but these comments are just so uninformed that they are nonsensical.  I mean, which of those 5 or 10 issues are within the jurisdiction of the PTO?  In other words, if the PTO wasn't deciding this case--which is one of the main purposes of the PTO--do you think they'd be securing the Border to protect us against the imminent invasion @Gunther warned us about?

It's your right to assume;

• the PTO came up with this on their own without any prompting from the oval office,
  • the IRS just decided to audit conservative organizations on their own,
  • That NSA spent trillions of dollars to spy on their own people without the government knowing
  • We all just woke up one day and Iraq was in trouble...again and needs us to bail them out.
  • Illegal immigration isn't an economic and social strain within our country

I see a government that is corrupt at all levels executing their own personal agendas versus running the country.  The liberals here seem to think I only point the finger at the left, but I don't, it's pointed at the POTUS, House and Senate, the left and the right.  Stop defending incompetency and demand more from both sides rather than worrying about holding to your party lines.

Joe Paradiso

It's your right to assume;

the PTO came up with this on their own without any prompting from the oval office,

the IRS just decided to audit conservative organizations on their own,

That NSA spent trillions of dollars to spy on their own people without the government knowing

We all just woke up one day and Iraq was in trouble...again and needs us to bail them out.

Illegal immigration isn't an economic and social strain within our country

I see a government that is corrupt at all levels executing their own personal agendas versus running the country.  The liberals here seem to think I only point the finger at the left, but I don't, it's pointed at the POTUS, House and Senate, the left and the right.  Stop defending incompetency and demand more from both sides rather than worrying about holding to your party lines.

• I've corrected your post.
  • There was a lawsuit.  Get the facts straight.
  • the IRS just decided to audit conservative and liberal organizations on their own - All of those pretend "non-political organizations that are a scam to make money by pretending to be non-profit.  They are tax evaders, both liberal and conservative tax evaders.
  • That NSA spent trillions of dollars to spy on their own people without the government knowing - You voted for this with your representative voting in the Patriot Act.  Don't act surprised.
  • We all just woke up one day and Iraq was in trouble...again and needs us to bail them out. Iraq has always been in trouble from well before Saddam Hussein. They have a history of sectarian violence.  It is not our responsibility to police the world.  Do we attack China next or maybe Russia because we don't like what is happening there?
  • Illegal immigration isn't an economic and social strain within our country If the people who hire illegals stopped doing it, they wouldn't come here.  The employers are tax evaders and are causing the problem as much as the illegals are.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 3605 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!