IGNORED

TaylorMade JetSpeed - And yet another line of woods for TM

RPMPIRE
Note:Β This thread is 3535 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Was over at Golfsmith thought i'd try it out its nothing special i don't really see a difference. It is really light... thats really all its got going for it pretty much took the sldr driver and made it non adjuststable.

Bag::ogio:Β Chamber cart bag

Driver:Β :tmade:Β TaylorMade BurnerΒ 

3 Wood::adams:Β Adams Speedline Super S

Hybrid::adams:Β AdamsΒ Idea a3OS BoxerΒ 

Irons:Β :tmade:Β TaylorMadeΒ Burner PlusΒ 

Wedges::callaway:Β Forged wedges

Putter::ping:Β Scottsdale

I tried the Jetspeed against the other TM drivers and liked the feel of the Jetspeed better. I think the stock Matrix shaft in the Jetspeed is the real improvement.

I have to give TM credit for this one. I really prefer the feel of the Jetspeed Woods much more than the Rocketballz. I'll be buying this one when they have their first price drop. You can get some insane numbers too... I was carrying the 5-wood 250.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My Adams (Adams now owned by Adidas and TM)Β Super S hybrids have the "slot" and when I swing them they whistle...kinda high pitched blowing in a bottle sound, Like Pinocchio,blowing in his whiskey flask, Β before he jumpedΒ off the bridge. Β so I had to put some of that 3MΒ Β painters tape across the "slot". The whistle was fairly annoying. It made me turn and usually open the face... so my ball could hit a player in the opposing fairway. I hope the Jetspeed sounds like a real Jet, because Pinocchio wanted to be a real boy. So the Jetspeed stuff should sound(whistle) like a real Jet.

I like TM products and own several, and love them...but their marketing and performance..can get a little crazy at times..and usually delivers an over the top product

I was given a Taylor Made Jet Speed driver for Christmas from my brother. It is a 9.5 stiff flex driver. I have been using a older Cleveland Β LauncherΒ DST in 9 for the last three years and have been very happy it but it is a gift so I went and had it dialed in. I am now getting 258 yards of carry average with it set to 10.5 my spin is around 2700 and a launch angle of just under 15. This was all done on a scope in a golf dome in Michigan so real world conditions will have to wait till spring. I'm a bit of a Cleveland fan boy and think buying a driver for a gift is a bad idea but on paper and in a dome it is looking like I found a new driver.

• 1 month later...

I love TM's products. I know there are a lot of haters out there but they work for me. I just traded in my RBZ Tour 3 Wood for the Jetspeed 3 Wood. Reason being is that the RBZ Tour launched way too low off of the deck. I tried the Jetspeed and got great results so I made the trade. I was actually going to trade for the Nike Covert or the Titleist 910F but I got better results with the Jetspeed and that's not TM bias talking either. It's a great club. High launch off of the deck, minimal dispersion and even better off of a tee. The stock shaft is ok but can be improved aftermarket.Β Just my 2 cents.

• 1 month later...

Hey curious question here,

I know the 460 cc drivers are not know for being good off the deck, but how does the Jetspeed driver do?

It just look like it has a shallower face than my R1.

NIke VRS covert

Mini driver 14 degree

Nike covert 5 wood

taylormade sldr 4 hybrid

Taylormade Rocketballz Irons:Β  6-aw

Taylormade atvΒ  56,60,64

Jpl Putter

Nxt tour s yellow

Hey curious question here, I know the 460 cc drivers are not know for being good off the deck, but how does the Jetspeed driver do? It just look like it has a shallower face than my R1.

Why are you hitting a driver off the deck?!

Why are you hitting a driver off the deck?!

Im mostly just wondering, i do like to keep my options open however. That and Im trying to justify the purchase in my mind, instead of sticking with an R1..... ;-)

NIke VRS covert

Mini driver 14 degree

Nike covert 5 wood

taylormade sldr 4 hybrid

Taylormade Rocketballz Irons:Β  6-aw

Taylormade atvΒ  56,60,64

Jpl Putter

Nxt tour s yellow

Im still getting the best numbers out of my R1 and the first Rocketballz tour 3 wood they released. These and the 913 from Titleist. After I have hit the SLDR houndreds of times with same and 3 other shafts as my R1 I CAN NOT HIT LONGER drives. Hell I even hit my old Wilson Deep Red the same distance as the new drivers... Marketing Marketing Marketing.....

Not a big TM fame but I am stopping in this weekend to Golfsmith to try this and a few other drivers out. From what I am reading there sure seems to be a mix of comments when it comes to TM or is it just the driver?

Not that my G25 is not a great driver but me and her do not seem to be getting a long.

Mike M.

IronsΒ G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome,Β 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Just got invited to a media event on May 5th for the new line of woods and irons from Taylormade. Probably replacing the SLDR or something like the SLDR 2.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends onΒ Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap onΒ Twitter!Β  andΒ onΒ Facebook!Β 
Golf TerminologyΒ -Β Β AnalyzrΒ Β -Β Β My Facebook,Β TwitterΒ andΒ InstagramΒ 

I wasn't impressed with the SLDR. Did not help distance and the sound was empty.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I wasn't impressed with the SLDR. Did not help distance and the sound was empty.

The sound an feel is brilliant. When you hit that thing perfect you get that nice solid thump. Like there is a ton of weight hitting the ball, its a great feel. Nothing like the Ping i25 which is hollow and light.

Just got invited to a media event on May 5th for the new line of woods and irons from Taylormade. Probably replacing the SLDR or something like the SLDR 2.

UPGRADE!!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

The sound an feel is brilliant. When you hit that thing perfect you get that nice solid thump. Like there is a ton of weight hitting the ball, its a great feel. Nothing like the Ping i25 which is hollow and light.Β  UPGRADE!!!

I'll stick with my 910. I love the feel and sound.....plus the extra 3 bennies in my pocket...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Hit the JetSpeed and the SLDR yesterday, had data recorded by a Trackman unit.

It took 14deg. with the SLDR to match the launch conditions of the JetSpeed withΒ 10.5 (both with stiff shafts, my clubhead speed avg. was 90mph). The weight distribution is completely different... Compared to my driver, a 2007 TM 425 with a regular shaft and standard weight settings, the JetSpeed carried the ball about 20+ yards further due to a higher launch angle. I did not have to time to change the weights on my driver to try to match the COGΒ in the JetSpeed.

Overall 20+ yards are impressive. Carry, not total distance, range balls, not regular balls. My tests of the RBZ and R1 last year looked pale compared to the Jetspeed. Kudos, TM has something nice me thinks. 20 more yards would make a big difference for my game. Getting around 210/220 yards carry now and adding another 20 to 30 yards would let me carry a few obstacles on the course. Hmm...

So, will I swap my driver? Don't know, am very tempted, but I will hit a few more balls with the JetSpeed and tinker with the weights of my 425ccΒ driver. Looking down on those huge 460cc heads and getting this canny sound still put me a little off...

• Administrator

So, will I swap my driver? Don't know, am very tempted, but I will hit a few more balls with the JetSpeed and tinker with the weights of my 425ccΒ driver. Looking down on those huge 460cc heads and getting this canny sound still put me a little off...

At your handicap 20 yards will save you over three strokes per round with the same "angular error" (i.e. the same amount of degrees offline).

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

I know, I am tempted. But let me explain my current math of the deal:

The launch angle of my (old) driver was only 13deg. I can change the weightsΒ and make it launch higher - 8gr. from the front to the back. Thats what I have to check before deciding, tests say the weight changeΒ would add about 1.4degrs. Having access to a TrackMan, makes the tinkering possible.

BTW, the deal for the driver test was to receive a discount by the increased length you get with a TM. 25$ off are OK, but I was not that impressed by sights and sounds. Since most of the players have too little loft for their swings, TMs claim might really work for many. For me it did.

Over the Winter I worked on hitting up with the driver and got from -2 to something between 0 and +1.8. One or two more degrees (with changed weights or thru technique) and I should be a happy camper. 300 bucks saved, a couple of strokes gained.

Me uncle called to ask about the JetSpeed performance, citing magazine tests and was happy that I liked the cheaper driver even more. Bottom line, he was impressed and eager to get one. Marketing worked. I'd rather feed a pro with that money (and my uncle should better do that, too). I currently play between a 14 and 20 handicap and bet that a better driving performance could half that score. Will see, last year I halfedΒ my official handicap of 28 already in my first and third round of the year (btw,Β thanks to AimPoint).

Note:Β This thread is 3535 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!