IGNORED

TaylorMade JetSpeed - And yet another line of woods for TM

RPMPIRE
Note: This thread is 3504 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think the speed slot is something they coppied from adams.

TM does own Adams though.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That would make sense. The rbz hybrid I had was the same as my friends adams but the slot was on the top of the adams and the bottom of the rbz.

TM does own Adams though.

I believe Adam's came out with the "Velocity Slot" before TM acquired them. TM just renamed it the "Speed Slot."

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

Also, a lot of their technology is recycled and refined technology from other club makers. I think their speed slot is an adaptation from Adam's Tight Lies wood and/or Nike's Compression Channel. Their sliding weight is refined from the Mizuno MP630 driver.  I feel like they look at other club maker's adapted ideas and find ways to make it better. I don't think TM's R&D; department revolutionizes - they glorify.

Correct Adams had the slot patent but TaylorMade had the trademark or patent on the sliding weight technology prior to Mizuno, but Mizuno did use it first.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I'm saving my money for the TMAG HolyShitStick®.

Just don't hold the wrong end of it ...

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

The crown looks surprisingly like a Callaway driver I had. Sure is cheaper being a Titleist fanboy. Can't imagine what it must be like always wanting TM's latest and greatest. I haven't seen any ads yet; I presume these are the longest hitting clubs they've ever built?

Driver: Titleist 913 D2 10.5*, Aldila RIP Phenom 50

Fairway 1: Titleist 913F, 17*, Titleist Bassara W55

Fairway 2: Titleist 913F, 21*, Titleist Bassara W55

Irons: Titleist AP1 714 5-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95

Wedges: SCOR 4161 48/52/56/60, Genius 9

Grips: GolfPride New Decade Red Mid-size on all of the above.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke Slim 3.0

Well, they look better than the existing RBZ Stage 2 Lineup .... friendlier in the fairways and hybrids ... and jet steel - slotted and harder means longer (there's a joke there, somewhere). I found the RBZ Stage 2 to be heavy feeling and not that playable from various lies. It was a crap club for regular Joes. ... if I've got to use plain language. Okay for speed guys, though.

I've found fairways and hybrids to be the most difficult and reliable clubs to find ... once you find the ones you like, I'd latch onto them. You can demo these and wait for April when they're on sale - then latch onto them.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Correct Adams had the slot patent but TaylorMade had the trademark or patent on the sliding weight technology prior to Mizuno, but Mizuno did use it first.

Thanks for clarifying, Mike!

Well, they look better than the existing RBZ Stage 2 Lineup .... friendlier in the fairways and hybrids ... and jet steel - slotted and harder means longer (there's a joke there, somewhere). I found the RBZ Stage 2 to be heavy feeling and not that playable from various lies. It was a crap club for regular Joes. ... if I've got to use plain language. Okay for speed guys, though.

I agree that they do look a lot better. I've never been a fan of the white and when they included the graphics in the R1 and the RBZ Stage 2, it really just made it look worse. Of course, that's just my opinion. I feel they've gone a little more simplistic with the last two introductions with the Jetspeed and the SLDR.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

• Administrator

The "Apple" of the golf world strikes again.

That might be the worst analogy I've ever seen.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

Apple releases maintains very few product lines and updates them after several months or even a full year.

TaylorMade has several product lines and updates them seemingly every month or two.

As I said, lame analogy.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I thought it was one of the best analogies I've ever seen ha.

That might be the worst analogy I've ever seen.

I'll say it is a bad analogy because TM club owners are not fanatics like apple product owners.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Apple releases maintains very few product lines and updates them after several months or even a full year. TaylorMade has several product lines and updates them seemingly every month or two. As I said, lame analogy.

I kinda disagree on that. IMO the ipad, ipad mini and ipad air are basically all the same. It also seems like they release a phone every 6 months. Don't get me wrong I love Apple shit I have a Mac book pro and wouldn't ever get anything else. I think they are exactly like TM with the marketing of their products.

From what I've read on other boards I just might disagree with your fanatic comment. But anyway I apologize to Ipad/Iphone RBZ/SLDR owners everywhere for cryin out loud. IPhone 5"S"..............R11"S"? I'll stop now for real LOL

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Note: This thread is 3504 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!