IGNORED

A month to shoot 70's

Kelzzy
Note: This thread is 3767 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Probably should have been more specific when I said penalties... Here's how i got there: On a par 72 course, to shoot even, with 2 putts per hole, you'd have an average of 2 shots into green (3*4 for par 5's, 1*3 for par 3's, 2*10 for par 4's) or 36 in total. Add in 36 putts and you get to 72. The given info says 26 putts, so 10 favorable to the 36 even score, and 9/18 greens so 9 unfavorable to the 36 to shoot an even score. That gets you to a total of 71, so the 3 penalties I was referencing are the plug to 74. They could be any sort of combination of penalties, double bogeys on missed greens, chip-ins for birdie, etc.

I'm going to miss this kid, but he seems to be off to a good start.

The way he's going he should be in contention for the top 10 at the CIF championships. Hope the rest of his team is as good, so he can make it there.

BTW, those are long hours, Flopster, do you own a business?

No I'm a millwright http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millwright , anyways sometimes we have to work outages at power plants, oil refineries etc. and when we they do this they want to get back online asap therefore a lot of times we will work a 7 day 12 hour shift with a day and night shift. On average these are usually 3 week jobs and then take some time off for rest, the money can be pretty good but there is no way I could do this year round, the longest stint was about 4 months and I was so ready to stop they didn't have to ask twice.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Quote:

Originally Posted by bplewis24

How do you arrive at that?  I don't think there is enough information (even assuming par 72) to presume that.  He could have a few duffs from the middle of the fairway, and then still 1-putt for a bogey or something.

Probably should have been more specific when I said penalties... Here's how i got there:

On a par 72 course, to shoot even, with 2 putts per hole, you'd have an average of 2 shots into green (3*4 for par 5's, 1*3 for par 3's, 2*10 for par 4's) or 36 in total. Add in 36 putts and you get to 72.

The given info says 26 putts, so 10 favorable to the 36 even score, and 9/18 greens so 9 unfavorable to the 36 to shoot an even score.

That gets you to a total of 71, so the 3 penalties I was referencing are the plug to 74. They could be any sort of combination of penalties, double bogeys on missed greens, chip-ins for birdie, etc.

Gotcha.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

• Administrator
I was put in the box for disagreeing with the admins opinion.

That's not even the slightest bit true. Others saw the PM conversations we had where we outlined WHY you were in the Penalty Box. Suffice to say it was for trolling and being a jerk, which you continued to be…

Third strike now, though, and you're permanently banned.

idgaf what you guys say anymore, you golfers are pissing me off. Soft, cushioned kids at my country club. I'm not hardcore, nor do I think I am. But damn, nobody knows the definition of hard work these days.

No more journal entries. Just leave you her with this. Done playing games with the admins of this site, big tough admins. Maybe I'll get put back in the box for saying this. No matter, this is my last post.

Cya guys, well I won't, but you'll see me on t.v. in maybe 5, 6 years? Adios. :)

Bye bye.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelzzy

I was put in the box for disagreeing with the admins opinion.

That's not even the slightest bit true. Others saw the PM conversations we had where we outlined WHY you were in the Penalty Box. Suffice to say it was for trolling and being a jerk, which you continued to be…

Third strike now, though, and you're permanently banned.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelzzy

idgaf what you guys say anymore, you golfers are pissing me off. Soft, cushioned kids at my country club. I'm not hardcore, nor do I think I am. But damn, nobody knows the definition of hard work these days.

No more journal entries. Just leave you her with this. Done playing games with the admins of this site, big tough admins. Maybe I'll get put back in the box for saying this. No matter, this is my last post.

Cya guys, well I won't, but you'll see me on t.v. in maybe 5, 6 years? Adios. :)

Bye bye.

Part of me wishes I could have seen the PM conversations for entertainment value. :)

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Hmmmm, that's too bad that he never actually made it to day 31. It would have been interesting if so to see if his expectations for improvement matched up with what he stated as reality. While he didn't appear to exaggerate as much as he could have, the 290 yard 3-wood make me feel as though he may be stretching the truth just a tad unless it was a one time deal bouncing off the hard ground.

Regardless of that, I feel as though he may be slightly disappointed that his rapid improvement slowed over this month long period that he documented for us. The start of him on this website, from what I remember, had him shooting a 74 and believing to have a handicap of around four. It looks like he ended on the same number, though he appears to be happier with the results as it possibly felt like a round that wasn't as lucky as the first? Only he knows at this point, and that's the way it'll likely stay.

Hmmmm, that's too bad that he never actually made it to day 31. It would have been interesting if so to see if his expectations for improvement matched up with what he stated as reality. While he didn't appear to exaggerate as much as he could have, the 290 yard 3-wood make me feel as though he may be stretching the truth just a tad unless it was a one time deal bouncing off the hard ground. Regardless of that, I feel as though he may be slightly disappointed that his rapid improvement slowed over this month long period that he documented for us. The start of him on this website, from what I remember, had him shooting a 74 and believing to have a handicap of around four. It looks like he ended on the same number, though he appears to be happier with the results as it possibly felt like a round that wasn't as lucky as the first? Only he knows at this point, and that's the way it'll likely stay.

The 290 yard 3W is at least consistent with 300 driver carry. I think he made his goal, because he was struggling in the 80s and gave himself a month to make the 70s, which he stated he did. Just out of curiosity, what does a 4.8 handicap typically score? I would only hazard a guess in the mid to low 70s.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

The 290 yard 3W is at least consistent with 300 driver carry.

I think he made his goal, because he was struggling in the 80s and gave himself a month to make the 70s, which he stated he did.

Just out of curiosity, what does a 4.8 handicap typically score? I would only hazard a guess in the mid to low 70s.

Depends on the course you play, I'm at 5 right now with a scoring average of 82.2 but don't play anything easier than 135 slope. My revision scores vary from 77-81 and there was a couple scores done at 142 slope, I'm only guessing but a 5 would have to shoot in mid to low 70's at a course with a slope less than 113, just my opinion though but I remember a few years ago playing a course that was 118 pretty regularly and I was able to shoot 70's very often along with a few even par rounds and even a couple under par 9's and I was not playing as well then as I am now, I really think my home course is underrated because more often than not when I go somewhere different it usually becomes a revision round. Oh and Kelzzys 3 wood distance is just in response for us catching the out of whack distances he claimed to hit, it all started with the ridiculous driver distance.

Rich C.

4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW

Just out of curiosity, what does a 4.8 handicap typically score? I would only hazard a guess in the mid to low 70s.

My average score would be around a 76-78, but I do have rounds that dip under par infrequently (shot a 3-under once on a 9-hole course and was happy for the week, even though it had a course rating of 31) while shooting from 80-85 about the same number of times in a given year. My biggest enemy is inconsistency which can sometimes even appear hole to hole on a bad day. My problem is that my day tends to go as well as my tee shots, which is why I've found that the 3-wood is a big enough help to compensate for the relatively small loss in distance. I just need to figure out with my instructor what I do differently on my bad days off the tee compared to the good ones and I feel as though I'll be able to continue moving forwards.

I'm no rocket scientist, but assuming this is a par 72 course, you'd have to have 3 penalty strokes to go with 26 putts and 9/18 gir's in order to shoot 74.

The GIR number just shows he doesn't know what he's talking about, it sounded impressive to him but he didn't realize to shoot right around par players usually hit at least 14 greens in reg.

Rich C.

4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW

After Kellsy (sp?) posted his swing in near darkness where you could only see his legs, I ALMOST responded that I would venture to guess he was a middle-aged guy that was totally trolling and that he'd never post a valid video. Now that I've seen things play out, I have more confidence my initial thoughts may be correct (although, he could have been a young person just trolling, I guess...) After the nighttime vid, he must have enthusiastically said he would post better videos 3 or 4 times. To my expectations, he never did. He went from not being able to hit the driver, to crushing it 300 yds on the fly overnight... At the risk of being alienated by folks on this forum, I'll say this. If you post anything supporting this poster's claims, I think you've truly been trolled.... I'll say this, though, his thread was entertaining.

After Kellsy (sp?) posted his swing in near darkness where you could only see his legs, I ALMOST responded that I would venture to guess he was a middle-aged guy that was totally trolling and that he'd never post a valid video. Now that I've seen things play out, I have more confidence my initial thoughts may be correct (although, he could have been a young person just trolling, I guess...) After the nighttime vid, he must have enthusiastically said he would post better videos 3 or 4 times. To my expectations, he never did. He went from not being able to hit the driver, to crushing it 300 yds on the fly overnight... At the risk of being alienated by folks on this forum, I'll say this. If you post anything supporting this poster's claims, I think you've truly been trolled.... I'll say this, though, his thread was entertaining.

Nope, not an alienating statement to me. I just prefer to respond to things at face value. That is, if someone tells me something, I will respond accordingly. Keeps my life simple. However, in afterthought, it did seem a little outrageous with a 300 yard carry and wanting to shoot in the 60s in the near future. If, by any chance, he is a high school student with this capability, he has a decent chance of make his high school team. :-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

If, by any chance, he is a high school student with this capability, he has a decent chance of make his high school team. :-D

No doubt about that. Heck, from the skills he said he had, he'd be highly recruited by every university.... He'd be one of those that would be offered a full ride as a Freshman.

Heck, from the skills he said he had, he'd be highly recruited by every university.... He'd be one of those that would be offered a full ride as a Freshman.

From the skills he said he had, we should go ahead and add him to the poll on the "Jack vs. Tiger" thread.

Tyler Martin

Nope, not an alienating statement to me. I just prefer to respond to things at face value. That is, if someone tells me something, I will respond accordingly. Keeps my life simple.

However, in afterthought, it did seem a little outrageous with a 300 yard carry and wanting to shoot in the 60s in the near future.

If, by any chance, he is a high school student with this capability, he has a decent chance of make his high school team.

The likelihood of his claims is very low.  I am extremely skeptical that someone who behaved this way was remotely telling the truth.  A 300 yard carry for a driver is very rare and only the best of the best are capable of doing it.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

The likelihood of his claims is very low.  I am extremely skeptical that someone who behaved this way was remotely telling the truth.  A 300 yard carry for a driver is very rare and only the best of the best are capable of doing it.

Yep, a 300 yard carry is a poke. He not only claimed a 300 yard carry but claimed to "average" it. I would never doubt somebody saying they had a 300 yard carry on a particular shot if I had never seen them play, but when he said that was his average is when he lost my benefit of the doubt.

Note: This thread is 3767 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!