IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

WOO-HOO!! Just got an email that we will be open for walkers on Saturday!!

Tempered by the fact that it is 28 degrees with a wind chill of 12 outside today. But I'm suitin' up!!

My last post in this thread, as my winter depression is OVER!! Got in 18 today and actually played pretty well as I was swinging a golf club for the first time in over three months. 42-44-86, playing paradise rules, but the course was in surprisingly good shape.

Bill M

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I actually made it to the range today for the first time since my last round back in October and it felt soooo good!

I have a lot of learning to do since I have all new clubs with the exception of my Driver and my distances were actually much better than they were last year. Unfortunately, I seem to be struggling greatly with my driver as nearly 60% of my drives were pulled 20-30 yards off target. I can work that out with no problem, but it just felt amazing to be out in 45° weather hitting at the range.

The depressing part is that it will be 27° tomorrow again :(

Incredibowl?

Nope...I don't think we have any of them in KC. LOL     It was a bit painful bowling because it was sunny and 70 today!   It was worth it though because it's quality father/son time.   We bowled 12 games each in the afternoon, and then I played 9 holes afterwards.  I could have played more holes, but I opted to come home a little earlier along with a bottle of booze :whistle:

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Nope...I don't think we have any of them in KC. LOL     It was a bit painful bowling because it was sunny and 70 today!   It was worth it though because it's quality father/son time.   We bowled 12 games each in the afternoon, and then I played 9 holes afterwards.  I could have played more holes, but I opted to come home a little earlier along with a bottle of booze

I actually quit bowling this year after bowling for nearly 15 consecutive years on leagues (twice a week) and practicing 1-2 times per week.

The only time I would bowl 12 games would be in a tournament! That's insane lol. I quit this year due to some back problems and wanting to spend more time with my wife/son on Friday nights. Never got my 300, which is sad considering I averaged 214 for a decade.... Always choked in the 9th or 10th!

I actually quit bowling this year after bowling for nearly 15 consecutive years on leagues (twice a week) and practicing 1-2 times per week.

The only time I would bowl 12 games would be in a tournament! That's insane lol. I quit this year due to some back problems and wanting to spend more time with my wife/son on Friday nights. Never got my 300, which is sad considering I averaged 214 for a decade.... Always choked in the 9th or 10th!

Wow...you've been bowling a long time!!   I've only been bowling for 3 years and my son got me started!  He started asking me to take him and I always say yes..LOL....now I am hooked!  I open bowl with my son every weekend, and we average 30 games each every weekend!  We only bowled for 3 hours today...hence the 12 games.   The most we've ever bowled is 22 games EACH! (it took 5 hours)

12 games is a lite day, and we bowl on a pair if the lane is available.  My 11 year old averages 165-175 (10lb ball) over a 15 game set, and I average around 200.  It just depends on the lane conditions and where we go.   I do plan to join a league, but I'm waiting for when my son no longer wants to bowl with me anymore.  When that day comes, I'll definitely join a league to fill the void.   For now, I am content rolling 30 games every weekend.  We also bowl during the week every so often.

I've made it to the 10th twice with a chance for perfection, but not closed the deal YET!   My high is 288.  I got the front 10.....then went 8/ to finish.

What's in Paul's Bag:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

Incredibowl?

Nope...I don't think we have any of them in KC. LOL     It was a bit painful bowling because it was sunny and 70 today!   It was worth it though because it's quality father/son time.   We bowled 12 games each in the afternoon, and then I played 9 holes afterwards.  I could have played more holes, but I opted to come home a little earlier along with a bottle of booze

Incredibowl was right down the street from your old track. Off of 151 and Antioch

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Incredibowl was right down the street from your old track. Off of 151 and Antioch

I had to google it....

I live in Lees Summit, MO.............I've never bowled there because it's clear across town on the Kansas side. I don't know about "right down the street", but I know where it is now.....LOL  It's 25+ miles from me......

What old track are you talking about?

What's in Paul's Bag:

[QUOTE name="Valleygolfer" url="/t/71391/winter-depression-thread/630#post_963299"]   Incredibowl was right down the street from your old track. Off of 151 and Antioch [/QUOTE] I had to google it.... I live in Lees Summit, MO.............I've never bowled there because it's clear across town on the Kansas side. I don't know about "right down the street", but I know where it is now.....LOL  It's 25+ miles from me......

I thought you played at the gc over before you changed to your current one.

I thought you played at the gc over before you changed to your current one.

If you're talking about the muni's in overland park......St. Andrews and Overland Park Golf Club.................Hell no!   I've played both a few times and I'm not a fan of those courses.  Both are weak courses, and they allow 5-somes. I want no part of them.............

My most recent golf membership before Stone Canon was Drumm Farm Golf Club in Independence.   I was a member from 2006 through 2012. (minus 2008 when I joined at Adams Pointe)  Drumm is a difficult stout course(75.1CR 141slope)......the only reason I quit was because the club is going private and I didn't want to participate in the new direction of the club.    I will say this....I can play that course well.......it's the only course where I got my course HC to scratch.   I can putt those greens with my eyes closed! I am deadly on those greens. I've played that course well over 1,000 times and I can golf my ball around that track!!  Stone Canyon?....it's still very much a learning process...................LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:

I thought the course off of 151st and Quivera was semi private and a solid track?

I thought the course off of 151st and Quivera was semi private and a solid track?

Heritage Park Muni is near 159th/Quivera...........it's nothing to write home about, but serves the local community well. I've played it a few times........

What's in Paul's Bag:

I was finally able to pull the Christmas decorations out of the front yard today. Usually I've been able to get the stuff removed well before February.

Skipped the golf show today, but did visit two golf shops. Almost picked up a used 3-wood but decided to hold off until my swing improves, hard to say if a club works for me if my swing is as irregular as a frost heaved freeway.

My neighbors decorations are still frozen in the glacier in our front yards!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

still have nearly a foot of snow which has transformed into solid ice everywhere in NE PA .... won't be golf until mid April at the earliest.     Just heard we got more snow this year than the last 3 winters combined...

Just to keep my sanity, I'm going on my second golf trip of the winter to Mesquite, NV in a week.   Developed a mad chipping game over the winter in the living room & putting under 12 ft has to be vastly improved based on the amount of time I put in - actually look forward to the hour or more on the short game every night while my wife watches TV in the other room.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

still have nearly a foot of snow which has transformed into solid ice everywhere in NE PA .... won't be golf until mid April at the earliest.     Just heard we got more snow this year than the last 3 winters combined...

Just to keep my sanity, I'm going on my second golf trip of the winter to Mesquite, NV in a week.   Developed a mad chipping game over the winter in the living room & putting under 12 ft has to be vastly improved based on the amount of time I put in - actually look forward to the hour or more on the short game every night while my wife watches TV in the other room.

A foot? This was yesterday in my front yard.

As I sit here in my living room reading this thread and watching snow flurries fall (after being in a short sleeved shirt playing golf the last three days), I want to thank the two of you for putting this in perspective for me....    I hope some of the warm weather we had and are expected to have again by Tuesday, makes it way to you guys, so you can at least begin the process of melting...

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

-7 this morning......

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

[/quote][quote name="inthehole" url="/t/71391/winter-depression-thread/630#post_963416"]Developed a mad chipping game over the winter in the living room & putting under 12 ft has to be vastly improved based on the amount of time I put in - actually look forward to the hour or more on the short game every night while my wife watches TV in the other room. [/quote] It is therapeutic - no doubt.

Driver- :nike: Nike VR-Pro Limited Edition 9.5* Diamana 'ahina Stiff Flex 3 Wood- :titleist: Titleist 980 5 Wood- :tmade: Taylormade R9 3i-PW- :tmade: Taylormade Tour Preferred (Dynamic Gold S300) Putter- :tarmour: Tommy Armour T-Line 150 (it's old but I love it and haven't been able to find anything that feels better)

Oh no way - I'd have to hurt someone at this point.

Driver- :nike: Nike VR-Pro Limited Edition 9.5* Diamana 'ahina Stiff Flex 3 Wood- :titleist: Titleist 980 5 Wood- :tmade: Taylormade R9 3i-PW- :tmade: Taylormade Tour Preferred (Dynamic Gold S300) Putter- :tarmour: Tommy Armour T-Line 150 (it's old but I love it and haven't been able to find anything that feels better)