IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

Already 55 so I am definitely golfing. Took a few practice swings in the office, haven't touched a club since early Oct. Feels pretty good if the course is still half decent I can't see any reason I won't score well for me. Would like to keep it to 6-7 over.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Got lucky. The snow melted quickly on Saturday. The rain on Sunday didn't fall until evening. For about 8 hours yesterday, we had it 50 degrees and dry. I most certainly took advantage.

Sounds like its back to the crap this week. Long Thanksgiving break and nothing but mid-30s as highs.

Weather is nice enough today that I could get out if my back wasn't jacked. Healing slowly, but probably not worth risking it.

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

Weather is nice enough today that I could get out if my back wasn't jacked. Healing slowly, but probably not worth risking it.

Ha mine was too but I worked on it for 4 days and actually walking 8 miles on the golf course had it feeling awesome. It was a great fall day here and @boogielicious and I had a great time on a warm day in the Northeast playing one of our best courses (IMHO) in New Hampshire.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

[QUOTE name="smellysell" url="/t/71391/winter-depression-thread/1044#post_1078431"] Weather is nice enough today that I could get out if my back wasn't jacked. Healing slowly, but probably not worth risking it.[/QUOTE] Ha mine was too but I worked on it for 4 days and actually walking 8 miles on the golf course had it feeling awesome. It was a great fall day here and @boogielicious and I had a great time on a warm day in the Northeast playing one of our best courses (IMHO) in New Hampshire.

I have a really jacked up degenerative disc, mentioned golfing to my chiropractor today and you should have seen the look, followed by "I don't want you doing shit right now, not even stretching!" I had my second session of traction today, and in 2 weeks will hopefully be able to start some core strengthening exercises. I guess I just need to accept that this season is over, despite the warmish weather. :(

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

I have a really jacked up degenerative disc, mentioned golfing to my chiropractor today and you should have seen the look, followed by "I don't want you doing shit right now, not even stretching!" I had my second session of traction today, and in 2 weeks will hopefully be able to start some core strengthening exercises. I guess I just need to accept that this season is over, despite the warmish weather. :(

Yeah I was real tentative about going Sunday but it was pretty darn solid.

Quote:

Originally Posted by smellysell

Yeah I was real tentative about going Sunday but it was pretty darn solid.

Did you see the forecast for Wednesday? :cry: You made the right call.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Did you see the forecast for Wednesday?  You made the right call.

Yea.....12 inches here :pound:

Picture of 10th hole from yesterday.

Sorry I don't mean to rub it in for those of you out in the snow belt.

Downside of this is $3.5M for a bare lot on the west side of Vancouver.

Picture of 10th hole from yesterday.

Sorry I don't mean to rub it in for those of you out in the snow belt.

Downside of this is $3.5M for a bare lot on the west side of Vancouver.

What course is that? You guys have the perfect weather in Vancouver (for me anyway).

Will W

What course is that? You guys have the perfect weather in Vancouver (for me anyway).

Vancouver Golf Club.

Agreed it is pretty nice out here but so far this week we are expecting 5 days of rain in a row.

Im a born Floridian and this is my first winter outside of Florida. I'm used to taking half days on Fridays in the end of the year during day light savings to play golf....but 28* here recently has killed any desire to golf with my blade irons. It's supposed to be 50* thanksgiving through Sunday so I'll play every day. Just weird to me playing on a brown course.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Got out for 9 holes on Sunday but tomorrow calls for 4-8" here in NJ. Looks like the end of the season for me, but at least I have a nice new indoor driving range set up in the garage to look forward to!

Played 9 yesterday, which maybe the last time this year if we get snow today.  All the courses were packed.  I was lucky to get in a two-some ahead of an older gentlemen foursome.  We played in 1:45. :-) It was fun.  We finish with two full holes between us and the foursome.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Dead day at work and a high of 41 this afternoon with no wind, no rain. It's marginal, but I think I got to give it a stab.

Looks like it's going to be a bit warmer Sat-Sun. Hmmmm....

- Shane