IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

70 degrees here yesterday and got a round in. Tomorrow temps plunge and snow is in the forecast...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just when Wpg was warming up, its going back down below freezing for a few days. I was able to do some pitching practise in my field by my house for the past 2 weeks.

I also am doing a staycation all next week and am hoping something opens up soon. Courses have opened late March/early Apr before.in the city.

43 minutes ago, GolfingInHawaiiSpoiledMe said:

I'm sorry I don't know what this feeling is.  What's A winter ?

Had you read the thread, you would have known that these "unfunny" :mad:comments aren't welcomed...

5 minutes ago, GolfingInHawaiiSpoiledMe said:

My apologies.  I'll watch my comments from now on.  

:beer: Apology accepted

14 hours ago, GolfingInHawaiiSpoiledMe said:

I'm sorry I don't know what this feeling is.  What's A winter ?

Go play nine on Haleakala or Mauna Loa. :-P There is a course in Volcano on the big island that would probably be the coolest weather you could play at. We didn't play there but had lunch. It's at 4000 ft or so.

New England is doing it again. Two days this week were around 70F. Sunday into Monday, snow. :pound:

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Was able to get out and play 9 holes on the 13th and 27th of March. So far, those were the only days the weather co-operated in my neck of the woods. It's now April 2nd, and by looking at the weather forecast, it doesn't look too good for the next 10 days or so either. 

In another bit of unheard of weather up here, 70 degrees on Thursday, I was able to fit in another 18 in.

Holy cow, hurricane winds, raining ICE PELLETS, HAIL, RAIN AND SNOW outside right now.  Honestly, it doesn't get any more miserable than this.

My league play starts Thursday.  Forecast says low temp of 28 degrees.  Envision lots of clothing, long-johns, a swing-restricting jacket, winter golf gloves, ski cap and a 50 (or worse) on the card. Personally, I just can't golf in cold weather.  At all.  Ugh.  Ohio sucks.  It really does.

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

1 hour ago, dave s said:

Ohio sucks.  It really does.

Truer words have never been spoken. :dance:

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

14 hours ago, dave s said:

Holy cow, hurricane winds, raining ICE PELLETS, HAIL, RAIN AND SNOW outside right now.  Honestly, it doesn't get any more miserable than this.

My league play starts Thursday.  Forecast says low temp of 28 degrees.  Envision lots of clothing, long-johns, a swing-restricting jacket, winter golf gloves, ski cap and a 50 (or worse) on the card. Personally, I just can't golf in cold weather.  At all.  Ugh.  Ohio sucks.  It really does.

dave

And you sent it our way! Thanks a lot! It's snowing here now. :pound:

Scott

My Swing Thread

46 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

And you sent it our way! Thanks a lot! It's snowing here now. :pound:

I see Boston is your home.  Want my tickets to opening day Red Sox vs Cleveland IN Cleveland?!!!

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

7 minutes ago, dave s said:

I see Boston is your home.  Want my tickets to opening day Red Sox vs Cleveland IN Cleveland?!!!

I thought that to be funny too! The Sox rarely start the season at home, but Cleveland doesn't have much better April weather either!

Scott

My Swing Thread

1 minute ago, boogielicious said:

I thought that to be funny too! The Sox rarely start the season at home, but Cleveland doesn't have much better April weather either!

At least the Sox and Indians can pretend to know what it's like to play in cooler, October-like weather.

Karma's gonna get me for that one. Sorry, I don't usually rag on someone else's sports team. I'm just not myself... kind of moody...  must be due to ALL THIS #$%&& SNOW ON THE GROUND!!!!

:beer:

Jon

15 hours ago, dave s said:

dave

We have snow on the ground in Mid-Michigan with real feel temps in the single digits!   Golf weather isn't  projected until the end of the month!   At least you have sunshine.   The great lakes almost eliminate sunshine for us.   We live in the land of perpetual cloudiness. 

Edited by dennyjones

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

6 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

We have snow on the ground in Mid-Michigan with real feel temps in the single digits!   Golf weather isn't  projected until the end of the month!   At least you have sunshine.   The great lakes almost eliminate sunshine for us.   We live in the land of perpetual cloudiness. 

I played down in Farmington Hills two weeks ago and the weather was good. Had high hopes of an early opening season up here in Northern Michigan. But with what we're getting right now and more snow on the way mid-week, that won't be the case.

Jon