IGNORED

The KyleAnthony Golf Opera Thread

KyleAnthony
Note: This thread is 3787 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

When I am hitting it how I want it starts out maybe 5-10 yards. Nothing crazy. But if I push it it's like 10-15. Most the time I get away with a push but yesterday it was a tight course. And I only play a draw off the tee or if I have a mid to long iron in to a left pin. I was pulling ally short irons like 5 yards left. The pulling my short irons is what I really wanted to work on. I was going to start at the range with 3/4 shots and working on club path. I don't know if yesterday I wasn't transfer in my weight forward so the face would close and I pulled it or what. So that's what I'm hoping to figure out and correct today

Not to pile on, but maybe we need to reassess reality with our performance. There is no way you're shooting 91 when your "miss" is 25 feet left or right (unless you're taking 50 putts and every miss is to the short side of a tucked pin). If that were the case, all you'd need to get to scratch is a caddy. Likewise 25-foot misses don't go OB either, unless you're intentionally aiming outside the treeline. Here's a test: do you also think you average 280 with a driver and 220 with your 3-iron? If so, the first problem you need to work on is being realistic about where you are.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not to pile on, but maybe we need to reassess reality with our performance. There is no way you're shooting 91 when your "miss" is 25 feet left or right (unless you're taking 50 putts and every miss is to the short side of a tucked pin). If that were the case, all you'd need to get to scratch is a caddy. Likewise 25-foot misses don't go OB either, unless you're intentionally aiming outside the treeline. Here's a test: do you also think you average 280 with a driver and 220 with your 3-iron? If so, the first problem you need to work on is being realistic about where you are.

I don't think you've ever played a round with me. And I don't think you've played the courses I've played. I think your blind judgment should be kept off my thread because your opinions are based on assumptions.

For Sale: Ping i3+ 2i-UW

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Odyssey Versa Black/White LH Putter

Also if you really wanna know where I lose most my strokes is chipping.

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Also if you really wanna know where I lose most my strokes is chipping.

Well if you hit 3 balls OB, that's 6 strokes right there. If you can chip onto any spot on each missed green in 1 try and 2 putt, you aren't making worse than bogey. Hitting a ball OB will mean a double or triple will be the norm. You'd have to hit your chip in such a way that you don't improve your position at all to be costing strokes. If you are capable of hitting the chip into the center of the green each time, work on your long game.

You aren't losing as many strokes because of bad chipping, it's more from having to chip in the first place.

I can putt and chip like crap but if I hit 6-9 greens per round I still shoot in the 80s. If I putt and chip like a god but I only hit 2-3 greens and lose 2 sleeves of balls I won't break 100 most days. If I can get my GIR up to 10+ per round then I should be in the 70s.

Also, if you hit more greens you naturally hit fewer chips. It also prevents you from being shortsided where you need 3 strokes to get down. To  hit 1/6 of the greens on the course will not get you into single digits even with an excellent short game, and you'll hardly ever make birdies. The missed fairways aren't the end of the world, but the OB shots are bad mistakes. You'll need to find a way to eliminate them if you want to make single digits.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Y[quote name="LuciusWooding" url="/t/71817/operation-single-digits-2014/510#post_953828"]Well if you hit 3 balls OB, that's 6 strokes right there. If you can chip onto any spot on each missed green in 1 try and 2 putt, you aren't making worse than bogey. Hitting a ball OB will mean a double or triple will be the norm. You'd have to hit your chip in such a way that you don't improve your position at all to be costing strokes. If you are capable of hitting the chip into the center of the green each time, work on your long game. You aren't losing as many strokes because of bad chipping, it's more from having to chip in the first place. I can putt and chip like crap but if I hit 6-9 greens per round I still shoot in the 80s. If I putt and chip like a god but I only hit 2-3 greens and lose 2 sleeves of balls I won't break 100 most days. If I can get my GIR up to 10+ per round then I should be in the 70s. Also, if you hit more greens you naturally hit fewer chips. It also prevents you from being shortsided where you need 3 strokes to get down. To  hit 1/6 of the greens on the course will not get you into single digits even with an excellent short game, and you'll hardly ever make birdies. The missed fairways aren't the end of the world, but the OB shots are bad mistakes. You'll need to find a way to eliminate them if you want to make single digits.  [/quote] ya I had 4 pars. 11 bogeys. 1 double. And 2 triples. Both triples were the OB tee shots. I did hit the 9th in 2. 524 year par 5 went driver 4 iron but hit it on the back of the FIRM greens and 3 putted :/

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

I doubt it.-You hit 3 balls OB and thats six strokes so I doubt you hit six chips so badly you did not get closer to the hole at all.[quote name="KyleAnthony" url="/t/71817/operation-single-digits-2014/522#post_953820"]Also if you really wanna know where I lose most my strokes is chipping.[/quote]

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

I doubt it.-You hit 3 balls OB and thats six strokes so I doubt you hit six chips so badly you did not get closer to the hole at all.

to be honest 2 holes i had to chip twice cuz i decelerated and it went 3 feet. i would like to get to the point of where i could chip it within 5 feet every time so i could 1 putt. i think chipping is the thing that is hurting me most. i usually never push anything but since i am changing my swing I'm getting new results which I'm not used to. so i guess I'm just experimenting.

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

to be honest 2 holes i had to chip twice cuz i decelerated and it went 3 feet. i would like to get to the point of where i could chip it within 5 feet every time so i could 1 putt. i think chipping is the thing that is hurting me most. i usually never push anything but since i am changing my swing I'm getting new results which I'm not used to. so i guess I'm just experimenting.

Sounds like you only lost 2 strokes from those chips, as opposed to 6 from the OB drives as @Phil McGleno mentioned. None of us chip it close enough to one-putt every time, nor do professionals. But what better players do manage to do is keep the ball in bounds. You've also got to ask yourself what put you in a spot where you need to save yourself with a chip, and how you can remedy that. Anyway, them's my thoughts.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Sounds like you only lost 2 strokes from those chips, as opposed to 6 from the OB drives as @Phil McGleno mentioned.

None of us chip it close enough to one-putt every time, nor do professionals. But what better players do manage to do is keep the ball in bounds.

You've also got to ask yourself what put you in a spot where you need to save yourself with a chip, and how you can remedy that.

Anyway, them's my thoughts.

yes i understand what you guys are saying. before i started changing my swing and hitting draws i would hit a slight fade. so i would aim left side of the fairway and it was fade back to center. so when hitting a draw i aim right side of fairway and "hope" it draws back. when i try to hit it hard it pushes off to the right about 5 yards right of where i aimed. unfortunately the 2 holes i hit OB the fairway butts up to trees and then houses so they ended up in the bushes and trees where i couldn't find them. so i guess OB was the wrong word for me to use. i hit them in crap and couldn't find them. but ya me hitting a draw is nowhere near consistent. lol so work in progress. i'll post some videos on my swing thread and see what everyone says. the swing and shape are still way new to me.

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

[QUOTE name="jamo" url="/t/71817/operation-single-digits-2014/522#post_953861"] Sounds like you only lost 2 strokes from those chips, as opposed to 6 from the OB drives as [@=/u/8835/Phil-McGleno]@Phil McGleno[/@] mentioned. None of us chip it close enough to one-putt every time, nor do professionals. But what better players do manage to do is keep the ball in bounds. You've also got to ask yourself what put you in a spot where you need to save yourself with a chip, and how you can remedy that. Anyway, them's my thoughts.[/QUOTE] yes i understand what you guys are saying. before i started changing my swing and hitting draws i would hit a slight fade. so i would aim left side of the fairway and it was fade back to center. so when hitting a draw i aim right side of fairway and "hope" it draws back. when i try to hit it hard it pushes off to the right about 5 yards right of where i aimed. unfortunately the 2 holes i hit OB the fairway butts up to trees and then houses so they ended up in the bushes and trees where i couldn't find them. so i guess OB was the wrong word for me to use. i hit them in crap and couldn't find them. but ya me hitting a draw is nowhere near consistent. lol so work in progress. i'll post some videos on my swing thread and see what everyone says. the swing and shape are still way new to me.

At least I now know how you get only 3 fairways sometimes. If your fade is more than a fairway wide such that you need to aim off center that much, I would call it a slice. I have a slight fade in my bag, and have successfully used it at times. I got rid of it by feeling like I'm throwing the club at impact. I feel your pain, and it's very frustrating when you need to aim that far off line on a bad swing day. When I get really sore, that's my shot, too.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

At least I now know how you get only 3 fairways sometimes.

If your fade is more than a fairway wide such that you need to aim off center that much, I would call it a slice.

I have a slight fade in my bag, and have successfully used it at times. I got rid of it by feeling like I'm throwing the club at impact.

I feel your pain, and it's very frustrating when you need to aim that far off line on a bad swing day. When I get really sore, that's my shot, too.

my fade with my driver is usually half a fairway, but when it lands it rolls right so if i aim center it will fade to right side then roll off. I try to aim as far left as i safely can so incase i do hit it straight its safe. but working on my swing and its reduced the fade/slice a lot

edit: also ya it i think about keeping my arms extended it really helps a lot. and i love the extra distance when it goes straight hahaha

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

If your fade is more than a fairway wide such that you need to aim off center that much, I would call it a slice.

I have a slight fade in my bag, and have successfully used it at times. I got rid of it by feeling like I'm throwing the club at impact.

I feel your pain, and it's very frustrating when you need to aim that far off line on a bad swing day. When I get really sore, that's my shot, too.

If I am hitting a fade I am aiming down the left side of the fairway and if I am hitting a draw I am aiming down the right side of the fairway. I can't think of any good reason why I wouldn't want to give myself room for error and use the whole fairway. If I miss with a fade it's going to slice too much and if I miss with a draw it's going to hook too much...Almost without exception.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

If I am hitting a fade I am aiming down the left side of the fairway and if I am hitting a draw I am aiming down the right side of the fairway.

I can't think of any good reason why I wouldn't want to give myself room for error and use the whole fairway. If I miss with a fade it's going to slice too much and if I miss with a draw it's going to hook too much...Almost without exception.

thats the way i always looked at it. of course aiming right and it not drawing gets me in trouble hahaha

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

i would like to get to the point of where i could chip it within 5 feet every time so i could 1 putt.

Me too! ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Me too!

Every time man. the possibilities are endless. Kyle where do you come up with these cause what you are saying has never been accomplished by any human who has ever laced up spikes. Sorry if I may sound a bit sarcastic or even a smart ass but dude come on that kind of thing is simply impossible.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Every time man. the possibilities are endless. Kyle where do you come up with these cause what you are saying has never been accomplished by any human who has ever laced up spikes. Sorry if I may sound a bit sarcastic or even a smart ass but dude come on that kind of thing is simply impossible.

i was kinda exaggerating cuz my putting isn't the best. but no realistically i just want to be able to chip it on with a chance at saving par

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Quote:

Originally Posted by MS256

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

If I am hitting a fade I am aiming down the left side of the fairway and if I am hitting a draw I am aiming down the right side of the fairway.

I can't think of any good reason why I wouldn't want to give myself room for error and use the whole fairway. If I miss with a fade it's going to slice too much and if I miss with a draw it's going to hook too much...Almost without exception.

thats the way i always looked at it. of course aiming right and it not drawing gets me in trouble hahaha

Yeah, I tried a draw around a tree with a 3H and it was a crap shoot if the ball would end up hitting into the bushes that line the edge of the course. It turned out great, I got the distance I needed (about 220 yards with a long hard packed fairway roll) and it curved right down the middle <50 yards from the pin. Needlessly said, I told my playing partners that there was about a 33% chance of success.

It's great when you make that one cool shot, even once per round.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Note: This thread is 3787 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!