IGNORED

The KyleAnthony Golf Opera Thread

KyleAnthony
Note:Β This thread is 3649 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Talega is a tough course, did you play the tips?

nope played blues. on thursday during my practice round i shot an 87 so i was kinda going into this with high hopes. i guess falling off my practice schedule really hurt me. my putting and just ball striking was way off. couldn't hit anything straight and the random times i did. 3 putt at best

For Sale: Ping i3+ 2i-UW

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Callaway X Hot Driver

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Callaway FTI Driver

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Odyssey Versa Black/White LH Putter

Tournament golf is a completely different animal than just knocking it around with your buddies. You're absolutely right to play as many tournaments as you can. You'll learn a lot about your game. Keep it up!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;Β  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;Β  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's; Β 56-14 F grind andΒ 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty CameronΒ Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tournament golf is a completely different animal than just knocking it around with your buddies. You're absolutely right to play as many tournaments as you can. You'll learn a lot about your game.

Keep it up!

@Kyle, just catching up on this thread and I'll be honest and say that I think your goal is a little bit unrealistic but that doesn't mean that I don't want you to succeed and I wish you the best of luck with it, I'll be following the thread.

I'mΒ a big believer in small and attainable goals, don't get too disheartened if it doesn't go to plan, maybeΒ breaking your current goal into different/smallerΒ segments may prove beneficial.

@David, completely agree with this, our (Irish) handicap system is purely based on tournament/competition golf, I was a casual golfer (no HC) for 2 years before joining a club and entering the HC system in 2013, it has been all tournament/competitive golf since then and it really improves your game and mental sharpness.

I did find it quite the challenge at the beginning. It's a completely different game to a casual round, you learn so much more about your game as you say.

Tournament golf is a completely different animal than just knocking it around with your buddies. You're absolutely right to play as many tournaments as you can. You'll learn a lot about your game.

Keep it up!

thank you . ya I'm hoping it was just nerves for my first tournament. it was my worst round since i started playing again tho ugh

@Kyle, just catching up on this thread and I'll be honest and say that I think your goal is a little bit unrealistic but that doesn't mean that I don't want you to succeed and I wish you the best of luck with it, I'll be following the thread.

I'mΒ a big believer in small and attainable goals, don't get too disheartened if it doesn't go to plan, maybeΒ breaking your current goal into different/smallerΒ segments may prove beneficial.

@David, completely agree with this, our (Irish) handicap system is purely based on tournament/competition golf, I was a casual golfer (no HC) for 2 years before joining a club and entering the HC system in 2013, it has been all tournament/competitive golf since then and it really improves your game and mental sharpness.

I did find it quite the challenge at the beginning. It's a completely different game to a casual round, you learn so much more about your game as you say.

it may be unrealistic, but i have to try. it is a little discouraging though just because I'm not back to where i was before i quit a few years ago. right now the goal I'm working on is hitting more greens. in the last few rounds i have been very happy with myself off the tee and in putting, but GIR kill me when I'm only getting 4-7 average

on a side note. i just checked my score on GCamTour.com and it says my score was a 97 not 100. so i guess they added it wrong? any who that makes me feel a little better cuz then i tied one of the guys i was playing with, who has also won an event this season

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

Talega is a tough course, did you play the tips?

nope played blues. on thursday during my practice round i shot an 87 so i was kinda going into this with high hopes. i guess falling off my practice schedule really hurt me. my putting and just ball striking was way off. couldn't hit anything straight and the random times i did. 3 putt at best

Sounds like you need to take the Aimpoint with me around the time for our so. cal. winter outing. ;-)

:ping:Β  :tmade:Β Β :callaway:Β Β Β :gamegolf:Β Β :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• Administrator

on a side note. i just checked my score on GCamTour.com and it says my score was a 97 not 100. so i guess they added it wrong? any who that makes me feel a little better cuz then i tied one of the guys i was playing with, who has also won an event this season

Or you did. You're not responsible for the addition of your card - the committee is.

And talk to @mvmac about the scheduling of the AimPoint thing.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Or you did. You're not responsible for the addition of your card - the committee is.

And talk to @mvmacΒ about the scheduling of the AimPoint thing.

well i added it as a 99, then they posted it as 100. on the website it says 97. lol the guy doing my scoring score4 of my holes wrong and instead of erasing and writing the correct scores he just wrote the numbers over the others…

well just had a bad/good round today with Tristan. i shot a terrible front nine which was a 56(worst ever) and this is just continuing from saturday. but the last 8 holes i got my swing back. i shot a 43 on the back 9 and i figured out what my issue was. my issue was my takeaway. i wasn't taking my club straight back and i was out of position from the start. my putting wasn't great today, but I'm so happy i got my swing back. it was a blast playing a round with Tristan and i can't wait to play the socal event on feb 16th.

Well today I played my first tournament and could literally do nothing right. Shot 100 and am way discouraged. Looks like ill hit the range before my round tomorrow to work on everything

Meh, whatever. It's one lousy round. I play in a flight ahead of you and I won a tournament last year, then followed it up with a 101, so ... It happens. Shake it off and keep plugging along.

Meh, whatever. It's one lousy round. I play in a flight ahead of you and I won a tournament last year, then followed it up with a 101, so ... It happens. Shake it off and keep plugging along.

^^^ Yep. Happens to everybody. Every time I thought I was getting prettyΒ decent the game alwaysΒ found a way to shakeΒ me out of that pipe dream.

Figured out early on that if I didn't like getting routinely humbled I better not play golf.

• Administrator
i shot a terrible front nine which was a 56(worst ever) and this is just continuing from saturday. but the last 8 holes i got my swing back. i shot a 43 on the back 9 and i figured out what my issue was.

Here's the pessimistic way of looking at that: your 56 could have just been all of your bad holes in a round coming together, and the 43 being the good holes coming together, rather than being distributed throughout the round. Play enough and that happens now and then. At the end of the day it's a 99.

my issue was my takeaway. i wasn't taking my club straight back and i was out of position from the start. my putting wasn't great today, but I'm so happy i got my swing back. it was a blast playing a round with Tristan and i can't wait to play the socal event on feb 16th.

Your club doesn't go straight back. It goes back, up, and in.

Scratch this year when you're not breaking 95 is going to be difficult - no sense making it more so with a bunch of bad information.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Your ESC is probably 7 and you probably had an 8 and 9 or three 8'sΒ or one 10.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3Β  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tourΒ Β 14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Here's the pessimistic way of looking at that: your 56 could have just been all of your bad holes in a round coming together, and the 43 being the good holes coming together, rather than being distributed throughout the round. Play enough and that happens now and then. At the end of the day it's a 99.

Your club doesn't go straight back. It goes back, up, and in.

Scratch this year when you're not breaking 95 is going to be difficult - no sense making it more so with a bunch of bad information.

my rounds last week were 86,91, and 87 in that order… i was mishitting non stop on the first 10 and finally realized what i was doing. and the feeling i get on my backswing is pulling it straight back. obviously its not only going straight back. and as far as your response i feel it is a little inappropriate for someone who as respected around here as you

Your club doesn't go straight back. It goes back, up, and in. Scratch this year when you're not breaking 95 is going to be difficult - no sense making it more so with a bunch of bad information.

Ouch! Coming from you I think this comment might shut down this operation! :-P No offense Kyle

:adams:Β / :tmade:Β / :edel:Β / :aimpoint:Β / :ecco:Β / :bushnell:Β /Β :gamegolf:Β /Β 

Eyad

Ouch! Coming from you I think this comment might shut down this operation!

No offense Kyle

it's all good. i just didn't know that this site was like this with disrespectful admin. maybe the sites not worth it. i was having a good time talking with everyone, but i have a life and don't need to be belittled by an admin

my rounds last week were 86,91, and 87 in that order… i was mishitting non stop on the first 10 and finally realized what i was doing. and the feeling i get on my backswing is pulling it straight back. obviously its not only going straight back. and as far as your response i feel it is a little inappropriate for someone who as respected around here as you

I know Erik doesn't need my help, but I can assure you Kyle that he wasn't being disrespectful. He's being honest. Going from mid/high 90's to scratch in 10 months is, I'm pretty sure, unheard of. Nobody's saying you'll never get there, but one year is really, really optimistic. Don't give up on the site yet ... At least until after the 16tj outing when you meet everybody and realize that TST is good people. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abu3baid

Ouch! Coming from you I think this comment might shut down this operation!

No offense Kyle

it's all good. i just didn't know that this site was like this with disrespectful admin. maybe the sites not worth it. i was having a good time talking with everyone, but i have a life and don't need to be belittled by an admin

I find this thread to be one of the more enjoyable ones to read in the golf talk forum so I'd be disappointed if you go.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:Β  :leupold:Β  :aimpoint:Β :gamegolf:

Note:Β This thread is 3649 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!