IGNORED

Best laser rangefinder

Note: This thread is 3526 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Bear in mind that most GPS units require a membership fee, so when you look at the cost of the GPS plus several years of membership, you are above the cost of a laser. When I was shopping, Dick's seemed to have the higher cost on comparable units. I ended up buying mine through Amazon. Here was a [URL=http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&linkCode;=ur2&camp;=1789&creative;=9325&tag;=thesandtrap-20&location;=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FBreaking-Rangefinder-Finder-Advanced-Technology%2Fdp%2FB00GTTGSDE%2Fref%3Dsr_1_11%3Fs%3Dsporting-goods%26ie%3DUTF8%26qid%3D1402323597%26sr%3D1-11%26keywords%3Dlaser%2Brangefinder]unit[/URL] that was more bare bones and not terribly expensive. It had some good reviews, but I spent a little more for the Nikkon unit. I used it for the first time yesterday BTW and liked it. It took some getting used to, especially where I had a blind shot. I kept my GPS app running for those situations.

I use golflogix on my iPhone for free. It's pretty close with yardage but just to center then estimate from there. Also no distances to hazards without paying a yearly fee. From What I have seen a laser obviously looks more accurate. And will help with blind approaches which would've been really helpful Sunday. That said I have never used one so what do you guys think about this one. www.amazon.com/Breaking-Rangefinder-Finder-Advanced-Technology/dp/B00HJ9VV3U/ref=zg_tr_3411111_13 Seems like that technology that gives the reading to closest object would make things easy. Plus it comes with. 4 batteries apparently. Again I have never used one and sure I could go for another $100 or $200 if I had to but I already spend so much actually golfing I would like to buy a cheaper one without the bells and whistles that aren't necessary but still won't give me a bunch of trouble hitting the pine which is what I was to do do obviously.

James

I use golflogix on my iPhone for free. It's pretty close with yardage but just to center then estimate from there. Also no distances to hazards without paying a yearly fee. From What I have seen a laser obviously looks more accurate. And will help with blind approaches which would've been really helpful Sunday.

That said I have never used one so what do you guys think about this one.

www.amazon.com/Breaking-Rangefinder-Finder-Advanced-Technology/dp/B00HJ9VV3U/ref=zg_tr_3411111_13

Seems like that technology that gives the reading to closest object would make things easy. Plus it comes with. 4 batteries apparently. Again I have never used one and sure I could go for another $100 or $200 if I had to but I already spend so much actually golfing I would like to buy a cheaper one without the bells and whistles that aren't necessary but still won't give me a bunch of trouble hitting the pine which is what I was to do do obviously.

At the minimum, I want to see front, back and middle so I have a range. I actually get all the advanced features of the golf GPS app with iGolf. It's going to take a while to get used to shooting everything with a laser.

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought a Bushnell Tour V3. Probably could have got it a little cheaper but I have been going back and forth on it and figured if I didn't walk into a store and buy it I wasn't going to. And eventual I would and I was just wasting time not having it. I hope this is all it is cracked up to be for $300.

James

So this is my first year with the bushnell tour v3 and holy crap if you don't have some sort of laser rangefinder then you are truly missing out. I'm hitting almost 70% of greens compared to 30% last year. Of course my iron play has been ALOT better but man am I ever more confident with my irons

I have the Nikon and i love it. Picked it up at Dicks grand opening door special. Great device. It shoots for 8 seconds. I measure the pin, front rear, hazards. I was surprised how far off course markers are. Lower scores, fewer lost balls, pin high when i do my part.

Driver G with Tour 65 shaft 10.5 neutral setting by :ping:
3W G30, #3 and #4 Hybrid, Irons 5 to GW G25 by :ping:
54 & 58 Glide Wedges and putter Cadence TR Anser 2  Traditional also by :ping:
Ball TriSpeed Tour by :srixon: Shoes M Project Wide by :footjoy:
Bag and Push cart by :sunmountain:

nikon coolshot vs bushnell comparable model?

nikon should be rainproof? Does the laser work well in the rain btw? Maybe not torrent downpour but light rain?

nikon should be rainproof? Does the laser work well in the rain btw? Maybe not torrent downpour but light rain?

I haven't tried it in rain yet, but definitely like the Coolshot. I'm getting better at marking targets.

- Shane

Bushnell Tour V2 here and love it!!!!   It's one of the best things you can add to your bag... Think about it, you will use it every shot and hone in your yardages...  It's well worth every penny.  As a couple other people have mentioned, if you play any tournaments then don't get the one that does slope.  You only need yardages...

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

I have not played around enough with the Bushy to tell.  I have not used in a full on downpour but it worked well today in light rain, low clouds and little fog.

• 1 month later...
I am looking to buy a range finder. I would like your help to find the one that I am looking for. I do not know much about rangefinders so if you could give me to the one that is best on the market that won't run me 200 that would be a great help.

In my bag:

Taylormade R11S Driver
Taylormade RBZ 3-wood
Nike VRS Irons 4-9
SM4 Titleist Vokey Wedges 47, 54, 58
College freshman playing golf at Wabash College in Indiana!

I am looking to buy a range finder. I would like your help to find the one that I am looking for. I do not know much about rangefinders so if you could give me to the one that is best on the market that won't run me 200 that would be a great help.

I moved your post to this thread, check out the earlier posts.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Mason, at your price point you will need to look for sales.  I picked up mine at Dick's Sporting Goods Grand Opening.  They had a Nikon Callaway X Hot in the flyer for $199.  I was able to use other discounts that they had going on to get it for $150.  You might be able to find a slightly older model online in this price range.  My X Hot now qualifies as a slightly older model as it is now a couple seasons from current.  The current models like the Nikon Coolshot or Bushnell Tour V3 will be in the $299 to $399 range.

As far as lasers go (Leupold, Bushnell, and Nikon) are pretty much the same.  All are quality units that will measure accurately.  The bushy has a vibration when it locks on the pin.  Some like this feature.  The Nikon shoots for 8 seconds.  This is more than enough time to shoot the distance to the pin, front of green or lip of bunker.  Only thing is you need to make note of these. 118 to pin, 110 to front, 108 to clear bunker. Other differences would be in display.  But you would need to look through them all to determine what you like best.

One other thing about using a laser is it will be "shaky".  In other words the crosshairs will move around your target as it will be unsupported and not resting on a solid object when used in most cases.  However, the learning curve is short and you will be getting accurate yardages in no time.  Once you gain this confidence you will never look back to the old guesstimate method.

@Mason...  If you are serious abou t your game, it's well worth the investment.  I've noticed a huge difference in my ability to hone my yardages on 3/4 shots and with my wedge play inside 100 yards.

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

@Mason...  If you are serious about your game, it's well worth the investment.  I've noticed a huge difference in my ability to hone my yardages on 3/4 shots and with my wedge play inside 100 yards.

Being a college golfer I think I need to purchase one yes haha. I probably will settle on the pin seeker

In my bag:

Taylormade R11S Driver
Taylormade RBZ 3-wood
Nike VRS Irons 4-9
SM4 Titleist Vokey Wedges 47, 54, 58
College freshman playing golf at Wabash College in Indiana!

Note: This thread is 3526 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!