IGNORED

GAME GOLF - Digital Tracking System

Note: This thread is 2229 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 2/28/2016 at 5:08 PM, No Mulligans said:

My wish for GG is for them to speed up the online experience.  15 to 30 seconds to reload after editing a shot is intolerable, and the frequent crashes, yikes.  Yes, I did time the lag and I have done this on two different computers, two different networks.

Perhaps the above experience was a bad day for something in the chain.  The response time has been good the last couple of weeks.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, cutchemist42 said:

If Game Golf does not have a course mapped, can i still use it for shot tracking or anything? 

Yep, just play the round using the tags.  Email their customer service folks and telling them the course isn't in their database yet, and they'll put it in.  (Better yet, email them before a couple days before you play.)

I played a course last fall that I thought was in the database, but it was completely messed up.  They had the course broken up as two separate courses with similar names (but not by front and back 9--it was more or less random), so it uploaded as nine different rounds of one or a few holes each -- a real mess!  They fixed it up in two business days.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

So has there been consensus as to whether the live or classic version is best? Is the live version worth the extra money? Also, I was thinking about getting fitted this spring. Would there be benefit to getting this beforehand, establishing some stats to have the fitting done to strengthen my weaknesses and add strokes gained? Thanks in advance.

33 minutes ago, rfeight said:

So has there been consensus as to whether the live or classic version is best? Is the live version worth the extra money? Also, I was thinking about getting fitted this spring. Would there be benefit to getting this beforehand, establishing some stats to have the fitting done to strengthen my weaknesses and add strokes gained? Thanks in advance.

If you have an Android device, I think the app is kind of the "Live" version as an app, though someone else would have to verify that.

The only thing you could really gain by using a GG beforehand is GPS measurements of your distances, though you can probably get an idea of that on your own (having it as a feature is nice anyway). However, I don't see what negative reason there would be to getting the GG now, rather than later, unless you expect a new version to be out soon after you get the clubs.

11 hours ago, Lilfrier said:

If you have an Android device, I think the app is kind of the "Live" version as an app, though someone else would have to verify that.

No.  The live version has a different belt unit than the classic; it transmits the tagged data to the phone app real time, if you have the phone app running and synced to the unit.   (Contrasted with the classic unit, where the info is uploaded later when you get to a computer.)

That's different than just using the phone app alone.

Craig

2 hours ago, Missouri Swede said:

No.  The live version has a different belt unit than the classic; it transmits the tagged data to the phone app real time, if you have the phone app running and synced to the unit.   (Contrasted with the classic unit, where the info is uploaded later when you get to a computer.)

That's different than just using the phone app alone.

Oh, I thought that if your phone was NFC-capable (and Android-based), then you could tap the tags to your Android device to get the functionality of the GG Live.

1 minute ago, Lilfrier said:

Oh, I thought that if your phone was NFC-capable (and Android-based), then you could tap the tags to your Android device to get the functionality of the GG Live.

If you've got the tags, sure. I see your point now. Yeah, that would put in the info directly. 

Craig

As someone who is expecting it to arrive soon, I was wondering about some of the work involved for getting the pin location right.

Let's say you sink a 1 or 2 putt, could you then tag a 2nd or 3rd fake putt right by the hole when you pickup the ball to get the right hole location, and then delete that fake putt after? 

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, cutchemist42 said:

Let's say you sink a 1 or 2 putt, could you then tag a 2nd or 3rd fake putt right by the hole when you pickup the ball to get the right hole location, and then delete that fake putt after? 

Don't do that.

You'll still have to move the hole location to the spot, and then select the putt (and not the hole), and then delete it. Why not just save yourself all those steps and just move the hole to where it was? You skip adding, moving, and deleting the putt.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, iacas said:

Don't do that.

You'll still have to move the hole location to the spot, and then select the putt (and not the hole), and then delete it. Why not just save yourself all those steps and just move the hole to where it was? You skip adding, moving, and deleting the putt.

Thanks for this, cool to read ways of working the system in the threads here before getting it.

Edited by cutchemist42

Love GameGolf. it is not in the way during the round and yet produces rich data to analyze later.

It looks like I will be ordering a new set of irons this weekend. Going from 16-18 year old pings to a new GI iron I am expecting it to change my distances quite a bit. (just because what they call a 6 iron now used to be a 5 iron)

Question: Will reassigning my tags to the new clubs automatically take care of the data from my old clubs. When I look at the data for a particular club all that will be useful is the data from the new clubs not my old Pings.

Thanks,

Respectfully,

29 minutes ago, 18rounds said:

Love GameGolf. it is not in the way during the round and yet produces rich data to analyze later.

It looks like I will be ordering a new set of irons this weekend. Going from 16-18 year old pings to a new GI iron I am expecting it to change my distances quite a bit. (just because what they call a 6 iron now used to be a 5 iron)

Question: Will reassigning my tags to the new clubs automatically take care of the data from my old clubs. When I look at the data for a particular club all that will be useful is the data from the new clubs not my old Pings.

Thanks,

When you go to your "Golf Bag" on the site, (the down arrow in the upper-right takes you there), you'll see everything you have used.

You use the "+" to add your clubs. On mine, I've got 2 3-woods on there. The one with the tag is the X2 Hot I use now, while the empty one is the X Hot 3 Deep I was using before (I gave it up because I hit it shorter than my driver and with too much of a slice for my liking; the X2 Hot is more consistent and easier to use). So, IF YOU WANT, you can set up the new clubs and use them by dragging the tags to the new irons. If you don't want to keep the old data (I like it for the sake of comparison), there is an 'X' that shows up in the top-right of an empty club when you mouse over it. That will let you delete it.

However, like I said, I like having the option of comparing clubs. So, if you want that, you can leave them in that bag, and they won't really affect anything. On the Club Performance page, it will split clubs within a type, so you don't have the old irons' performance messing up the evaluation of the new ones. If you click on my GG from the left, you can go to my profile, and you can see what you get on the right side, under "Clubs." It shows 2 drivers and 2 3-woods.

Edited by Lilfrier
  • Upvote 1

I was in the app last night and noticed that "my golf bag" was missing all my clubs. They are still available online though. I sent an email in but wondered if anyone else has had this happen and how they fixed it.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

16 hours ago, Valleygolfer said:

I was in the app last night and noticed that "my golf bag" was missing all my clubs. They are still available online though. I sent an email in but wondered if anyone else has had this happen and how they fixed it.

Just a follow up. I heard back from GG and the asked me to uninstall and reinstall the app, and wala it is fixed. I am not sure why I didn't think to do this. I guess I am slipping...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

• 2 weeks later...

I pulled the trigger on Game Golf Tags using my android phone. At first I hated it because for some reason when I tagged the club to my phone, it woudn't vibrate. I ended up playing the entire round inputting the clubs every time. Missed a couple times, had to adjust. Afterward I was on the fence about the whole thing because it was such a pain. I though, is it my phone? Do my tags not work?

After looking over my round and reviewing the data, I LOVE IT. It showed me exactly where I added WAY too many strokes to my round. Surprisingly, it was my short game and putting. Mainly the short game, which makes sense because I spend so much time on the on approach shots and driving that I've sort of neglected the short game. 

So I got on the support site and determined that i wasn't tagging my phone right. I didn't put the end of the tag/club flat against where that reader unit is under the camara. I think I even put the phone facing the wrong way in my pocket. I just tried it and it read the tag when applying to the right spot on the phone. Now I need to go do a practice round without a full foursome so I can play with it. 

• 4 weeks later...

I think the "tech enabled" grips with pockets for tags announced at the PGA shows seem convenient. However, not a word about release date so far... Anyone with inside information? ;)

• Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 2229 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!