IGNORED

GAME GOLF - Digital Tracking System

Note: This thread is 2184 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

@golfingal , I asked GAME Golf:

Quote:
A user has a question about unmapped courses.

Is there any benefit to playing and mapping the shots out even if the course isn't mapped yet? Can a course that has shots on it be "fitted into" a course once it is mapped?

In other words, would this work:

1) user plays an unmapped course in January. Tags all shots normally.
2) course is mapped in February.
3) user edits round and signs course as being played on that course.

They're just GPS coordinates, so, I imagine it could work? Yes? No?

and they said:

Quote:
Yes. The device can be used on un-mapped courses, and those rounds can be recovered (users will have to contact support) once the course is mapped.
The user can use the device and tag all the shots on an un-mapped course. It will act completely normally until the user tries to upload, when it will fail with a "course not geofenced" error. However, that round will be stored in our system, so once that course is successfully mapped, someone from support can reprocess and recover that round.
While all of this can be done, none of it is automatic, so those users should be in contact with support to 1. inform us that they've played an un-mapped course that failed to upload 2. have us try and expedite the mapping process 3. recover the round after it's been successfully mapped.

Hope that helps.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

@golfingal , I asked GAME Golf:

Well, no need!  I received an unexpected email today saying they have finished mapping the course already!  This is just 2 days after requesting it.

Quote:

"Your course Esplanade Golf & Country Club is now mapped in the GAME GOLF system and is ready for play. Thank you for your patience during the course mapping process. Just make sure to tag every shot, and we’ll do the rest!"

Looking forward to trying it out now!  :-)

Mine arrived yesterday, £129, and I cannot wait to try it out in 4 hours! Set up was easy, In fact I had already registered an account, profile, and set my bag up by assigning the the tags to each club before I even received the product via I phone! Once received, I then downloaded the desktop software to laptop, plugged in device to charge up, and screwed the tags into the club grips! All really simple! It would seem GG have made some improvements too since it was first launched, there is a forum/support area where people give their feedback, to their credit they are acting on the feedback and continuing to improve the software of this product in practical and helpful ways! It's easy to pick holes in any new product but as it stands right now there really isn't anything to dislike, and I've not even used it yet!!! Oh yeah, there's a few complaining the device doesn't show GPS yardages to hole, but this device wasn't intended to be that, whether they will bring out a 2nd edition to accommodate this? Who cares! I have a garmin! And others have complained you can't get real time stars and have to wait till after round! Again, it wasn't intended to be that, I believe the across product dies that and is therefore banned from competition! I think this product has set out what it intended to do and will probably accomplish more!

Gaz Lee

Had this since the Mark Crossfield review sold me on it (see below) - brilliant piece of kit, although I wouldn't use it for distance gapping. As others have said though, that isn't really the aim. It took a little while to remember to tag all the shots, but after about two rounds it's been fine and something I don't have to even think about. Would thoroughly recommend to anyone who's on the fence.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

I thought about getting one of these but have held off.  I got a few Amazon dollars for Christmas and have been checking for any sales.  I missed out on the ones leading up to Christmas.  I've seen used ones popping up quite a bit recently that are reasonably priced.  Some are missing a few "tags" for whatever reason.

Do these things break easily because all the weight of the club is on them when they are not in use?

Are they prone to breaking when twisted into the grip?

What is the cost of replacing a "tag" for a certain club?

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

I thought about getting one of these but have held off.  I got a few Amazon dollars for Christmas and have been checking for any sales.  I missed out on the ones leading up to Christmas.  I've seen used ones popping up quite a bit recently that are reasonably priced.  Some are missing a few "tags" for whatever reason. Do these things break easily because all the weight of the club is on them when they are not in use? Are they prone to breaking when twisted into the grip? What is the cost of replacing a "tag" for a certain club?

The tags appear very durable, they take some twisting in but do not bend or flex at all and once fitted I very much doubt they would fall out! I uploaded my first game today! I forgot to tag a few shots but it became obvious once uploaded and was simple to add them, once they're downloaded, you can then view or analyse in the phone app, with quite a variety if stats that I wasn't aware of when purchased, I'm looking forward to getting 8 rounds uploaded, analysing the stats and then booking a lesson to work on the weakest part of my game. It's a great tool for a keen golfer who wants to improve or know his distances

Gaz Lee

• Administrator
The tags appear very durable, they take some twisting in but do not bend or flex at all and once fitted I very much doubt they would fall out!

You'd be surprised. I rubber cemented mine in. I think I lost one somewhere, and others have lost some too.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

If everything works out next month, I'll pick one of these up for next season.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

You'd be surprised. I rubber cemented mine in. I think I lost one somewhere, and others have lost some too.

I've had no issue after the first time they fell out. Weirdly, it seems better if you twist the club round the tag rather than the other way around.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

• Administrator

Maybe worth giving them a tighten occasionally, I'll keep an eye on them but they seem fixed really well, maybe it's the type of grip/size of hole?

Yes, that's a factor too.

I will be on the look out for one, either used or new.  I can't really use one with all the clubs until probably April anyway but it would be nice to play around with a club or two on the old football field.

The bottom of the golf bag might be holding some of these lost tags. :-O

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

On the subject of the tags coming loose: I used a small piece of sand paper to get a firm grip on the tags, when putting them in the grips.

Check them everytime I pull or replace a club, try to turn them. Only used them three or four rounds. None have been lost, fallen out.

On the subject of tagging clubs before strokes: It's not become a part of my routine yet, I forget if I tagged or not, find double tags, but it's okay because you can delete double tags.

and if you forgot to tag, Gamegolf will tell you of a missing stroke, due to body motion (I'm assuming this, don't know how it really works).

Truly the only problem I have is my scores :-P

Hope this helps.

Brian

Edit

Brian   

I've got two rounds in with this and doing a couple more this weekend - my biggest issue is forgetting to tap in and register that I'm hitting a club from a certain spot...  And sometimes I'll do it but then second guess if I did or not.  Anyway it got so bad I started to put the little drawstring carry bag around my wrist after each shot - to force me to think about it and remove the bag for each shot.  Awkward though.  It's really easy to leave off putts too.

On one hand the distraction is quite, well, distracting.  On the other hand it might make one think more about any given shot for just a second longer.  I don't find myself mis-clubbing, and I do find that my perceived conceptions about my club distances were pretty spot on with reality.  For people with decent accuracy but poor course management skills, seeing where you get around a course from the satellite view can be a revelation.

Lastly, I'm thinking about adding a tether string to the unit - mine fell off twice - once knocked off by a club (not swinging), and once from sitting down but I was clipping it on my pocket since I don't wear belts in golf.

How is the process of replacing lost tags? Quick and easy I hope.

The unit comes with 4 unassigned tags so if you lost one (or a few) you would just be able to use one of those.  Lets say you lost your Driver tag you would just assign you Driver to your star shaped tag and use that in place of your driver. I have 2 hybrids so thats what I did. I don't have a 4i but incase I ever decide to game one again I assigned my 4 hybrid as a star.  Now I still have my 4i tag if I decide to put my 4i in the bag.

Note: This thread is 2184 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!